What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early team vs Dogs

Stake Removed

First Grade
Haven't done one of these in a while.
I am taking no one makes origin.
1. Kennedy
2. Mulitalo
3. Ramien
4. Tracey
5. Katoa
6. Hynes
7. Trindall
8. Uele
9. Brailey
10. McInness
11. Talakai
12. Nikora
13. Wilton

14. Kaufisi
15. Hazelton
16. Finucane
17. Berrell

I want to see us with some size of bench.
Finucane limited minutes
Berrell see if he can inject something in at dummy half.
We can only have one of Finucane or Wade, the middles have leg speed

Special K

Coach
I will have a crack and try keep it realistic. I think Hunt is gone with that injury

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Raimen
4. Talakai
5. Ronnie
6. Trindall
7. Hynes
8. Kaufusi
9. Brailey
10. BHU
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. McInnes
14. Finucane
15. Hazleton
16. Williams
17. Colquhoun

I don't see the value personally in moving Talakai.

I think Moylan needs to be dropped after that defensive effort.

I don't think Nicho makes origin.

I wouldn't mind McInnes 9, Brailey 14 but I don't see that as likely.

Finucane can play a role but I think that is off the bench

I can't carry Dale, Cam and Wade for the same 2 spots. Colq and Hazleton will give us some youth and energy.

I still don't believe in our middle or spine outside of Nicho.

roboshark

Coach
Just for the life of me see how supercoach couldn't see the need for another big forward in the offseason. It's mindblowingly obvious

DJDL

Bench
Just for the life of me see how supercoach couldn't see the need for another big forward in the offseason. It's mindblowingly obvious

You can't just pluck them out of thin air though.
Of those available, who actually moved, name me anyone who fits the bill.

Possibly Klemmer or Tauapau but that's about it. And I'm not sure they'd add all that much at this state of their careers.

Like it or not, we're stuck with what we have.

Fitz knows it's an area that needs improvement, which is why he's brought Max Bradbury and Tuku Hau Tapuha into the squad.

Throw in Tommy and JC and, hopefully, one or more of them can develop into what we miss over the next few seasons.

Stake Removed

First Grade
You can't just pluck them out of thin air though.
Of those available, who actually moved, name me anyone who fits the bill.

Possibly Klemmer or Tauapau but that's about it. And I'm not sure they'd add all that much at this state of their careers.

Like it or not, we're stuck with what we have.

Fitz knows it's an area that needs improvement, which is why he's brought Max Bradbury and Tuku Hau Tapuha into the squad.

Throw in Tommy and JC and, hopefully, one or more of them can develop into what we miss over the next few seasons.
Next few seasons is not positive, look what Fitz old team has done for next year went and got Spencer, for there middles.
There middles look better then ours, we sign youngsters.
Kaufisi hasn't added a thing.
Not one of our middles hurts anyone when they tackle, no fear running into our middles

1. Kennedy
2. Mulitalo
3. Ramien
4. Tracey
5. Katoa
6. Hynes
7. Trindall
8. Uele
9. Brailey
10. Talakai
11. Nikora
12. Graham (c)
13. Williams

14. Wilton
15. Hunt
16. Hazleton
17. McInnes

It's always been talakai's defence which worries me in the centres. Even moving in a spot into the backrow would highlight it even more I reckon with how much wilton gets worked over. Maybe he does belong in the middle even if we do lose what he offers with the slick hands. Dunno.

Craigshark

First Grade
Kennedy
Katoa
Ramien
Tracey
Mulitalo
Trindall
Hynes
Uele
Brailey
Graham
Nikora
Talakai
Mcinnes

Finucane
Williams
Hazelton
Colquhoun

Wilton needs a spell. Dropped balls, missed tackles. Needs to be some accountability and if he doesn’t start he doesn’t get a spot. Moylan gone. Brailey on thin ice. Play Graham as a middle and just tell him to tackle and do his best to get a quick play the ball. Talakai is probably our best centre, but we need him in the forwards and Tracey deserves a shot.

Chimp

Bench
I will have a crack and try keep it realistic. I think Hunt is gone with that injury

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Raimen
4. Talakai
5. Ronnie
6. Trindall
7. Hynes
8. Kaufusi
9. Brailey
10. BHU
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. McInnes
14. Finucane
15. Hazleton
16. Williams
17. Colquhoun

I don't see the value personally in moving Talakai.

I think Moylan needs to be dropped after that defensive effort.

I don't think Nicho makes origin.

I wouldn't mind McInnes 9, Brailey 14 but I don't see that as likely.

Finucane can play a role but I think that is off the bench

I can't carry Dale, Cam and Wade for the same 2 spots. Colq and Hazleton will give us some youth and energy.

I still don't believe in our middle or spine outside of Nicho.
I’m the same, except I’d have Tracey at 17. Gives us coverage across all positions in the backs, and some of the elusive speed off the mark that we don’t have anywhere in the team.
I’d be happy to bring him on for McInnes and either have Tracey running tight around the ruck to give us some speed and momentum in the middle, or put him into the centres and move Talakai in-field to give a middle a breather.
I see no value at all in persisting with Moylan when Trindall is available. Trindall is our long term option, we might aswell be blooding him now, as it’s highly unlikely we’re winning the thing this year, and even if we can, I don’t see Moylan being pivotal.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Not really fair. I think he did. We were talking to big forwards. They chose not to come. What was/is left is ordinary. No doubt it's needed but when does a club decide to "settle" on what's available rather than wait for a changemaker?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Kennedy
Katoa
Ramien
Tracey
Mulitalo
Trindall
Hynes
Uele
Brailey
Graham
Nikora
Talakai
Mcinnes

Finucane
Williams
Hazelton
Colquhoun

Wilton needs a spell. Dropped balls, missed tackles. Needs to be some accountability and if he doesn’t start he doesn’t get a spot. Moylan gone. Brailey on thin ice. Play Graham as a middle and just tell him to tackle and do his best to get a quick play the ball. Talakai is probably our best centre, but we need him in the forwards and Tracey deserves a shot.

When seeing it written down like this I don't like those forwards all in the one team

Uele, Graham, Mcinnes, Finucane and Williams are all still sub 40 minute players. Hazelton is sub 20 minutes. Colquhoun will be lucky to get 40. Talakai won't get his normal 80 as a forward. Leave only Brailey and Nikora as 80 minute players in the forwards. McInnes is the only one I see that might get 80. No one on that bench covers any position in the backs and probably only Nikora can go out wide.

Sorry but that team really looks to lack balance when it's analysed just a little bit deeper and I'd hate to be the poor frump who has to manage the interchange.

Stake Removed

First Grade
When seeing it written down like this I don't like those forwards all in the one team

Uele, Graham, Mcinnes, Finucane and Williams are all still sub 40 minute players. Hazelton is sub 20 minutes. Colquhoun will be lucky to get 40. Talakai won't get his normal 80 as a forward. Leave only Brailey and Nikora as 80 minute players in the forwards. McInnes is the only one I see that might get 80. No one on that bench covers any position in the backs and probably only Nikora can go out wide.

Sorry but that team really looks to lack balance when it's analysed just a little bit deeper and I'd hate to be the poor frump who has to manage the interchange.
Compare that to our forwards of 2016
Fifita & Prior would play around 60, and could go 70 at a pinch.
Graham and Lewis 80 mins.
Gallen 80.
You had a starting pack big minutes, and they would hurt you in defence.
Our 3 forwards on bench.
Heighington would give you 20-30.
Taga 15-20.
Bukuya another 30, but also could step up play 80.
Our bench could come on and go hard.
We were able to have Beale on bench for backs.
Still had Lewis and Bukuya who could fill in out wide.
Graham in halves.
Those big minute players who are quality win you those big matches

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

It’s also a matter of how Fitz uses them off the bench….I reckon McInnes is good for 60 and Tom is capable of 40. Find it bizarre that we’ve played like shit and are still in 5th spot on f/a. Season needs to turn around quickly though. Tricky in for Moyza and Tracey in the 14 are musts imo.

Frailty

First Grade
Honestly, there definitely need to be changes - but there are players people leaving in the team that need to get their heads out of their ass and pick their games up:
- Ronnie - Has been more rocks than diamonds this season. It's frustrating because the rocks seem to be basic errors.
- Ramien - Could be one of the most dominant centres in the game. Instead, he crabs across the field looking to flick pass to someone. He should be playing similar to Stagg.
- Hynes - Just looks rushed all the time. Needs to slooooooww down.

The whole team is just awful with first contact in defence. It's partially defensive line speed, partially technique - it's just frustrating how this was the downfall of 2022 and it looks like they've got worse in this space.

Craigshark

First Grade

Talakai is the backs cover. Graham goes to the left edge to replace him.

Graham and Uele play the normal first 20-25 mins prop role. Replaced by Williams and Hazelton who play the last 15 mins of the first half and the first 5-10 mins of the second half. JC enters the game for one of them.

finucane replaces McInnes at the 30-35 minute mark. Graham replaces Talakai 10 mins after half time who gets a 15 min spell.

you get the idea. I think it could be done. Don’t think there’s a chance it will be selected like that but haha

Latest posts