What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Ticket Sale Indicators

esssee

Juniors
All Premium, Reserved Seat and Reserved Area seating at Olympic Park has been sold out.

The only seating available now is the Reserved Terrace seating, which are the 3 bays at either end of the Nikau Stand, the one seen on the TV coverage, and the open air section at the front of the Lazarus Stand.

The General Admission (standing) area has been fairly full for the past five or 6 home games, and mostly these same people tend to head to the same area, so I would expect this to be the same situation for Sunday.

It's looking very good for a sell out.

ouwet

Bench
Weather predictions are shocking for saturday :(...
Hopefully there wrong and it starts to clear up!

phonetic

Juniors
The weather is not looking good, but there is plenty of undercover seating at homebush. Even if it pours I would expect more than 20k.

phonetic

Juniors
Funnily enough, bright sunshine is now cascading down upon Sydney CBD. Don't know how long it will last though.

Simo

First Grade
Firefox weather forecaster is has changed from thunderstorms all weekend to 'rather cloudy , a little rain and 14degree' on Sat.

Unfortunately will not be going this weekend. Had planned to go to a few but the only option in Syd became the dogs and Can, and as am on a limited budget I will wait for some more blockbusters to choose from in the next 3 weeks (plus have to budget for the 2 tri series games in Syd).

phonetic

Juniors
In 30 minutes it's gone from pouring, to sunny, to pouring, to sunny again.

No doubt it will piss down when I have to walk to the station this afternoon.

Lets just keep our hopes up for some reasonably fine Sydney weather over the weekend.

Simo

First Grade
firefox has just updated with sat now having thunderstorms and 15degs....not that I ever trust a weather man!

phonetic

Juniors
What is firefox?

www.bom.gov.au is where it's at!

According to B.O.M, 11-16' in Sydney for Saturday. South/South Easterly winds.

Fine in Brisbane with tops of 22', a shower or two in Melbourne for Sunday with tops of 17'.

Simo

First Grade
firefox is an internet browser, similar to internet explorer except it has a few plugins you can add and mine for example has the weathercast plug in which shows me a 7 day forcast on the top of my browser. It updates constantly but I dont know where the info comes from.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
This might explain the slow ticket sales for the Bulldogs v Raiders game in NSW.

From the The Age (Fairfax)
According to the The Age (Green Guide) there are two NRL Finals being played at Olympic Park. They have the Bulldogs v Raiders game being played here as well.

This would explain why gates at O.P. are openning at 1.30.

On another note it's not bad from the NRL, you win the Minor Premiership so they give us a double header :) down here for week one of the finals :)

phonetic said:
According to B.O.M, 11-16' in Sydney for Saturday. South/South Easterly winds.

Fine in Brisbane with tops of 22', a shower or two in Melbourne for Sunday with tops of 17'.

Now I'm really glad we are playing the Broncos at Suncorp. Every other venue looks like being wet - and we aint mudrunners one bit, on a wet track we should be scratched.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
--Weather--

Friday, Newcastle: Brief showers, possibly heavy. Strong winds easing. Shouldn't affect crowd. 23-24k

Saturday, Sydney: A second strong cold front will cross NSW, dropping temepratures and increasing showers later. Not as much rain as Wednesday/Thursday but still unpleasant. Expect a significant dent in attendence, particularly walkup crowd at StadeOz. < 30k

Saturday, Brisbane: Partly cloudy but mostly dry. Full house - 54k

Sunday, Melbourne: Drizzle clearing during the morning to a partly cloudy and cool day. Dense fog and utterly dull conditions at the MCG all day followed by a storm surge at around 3:55pm in the direction of OP. Thunder and lightning in the carpark after the game. Full house - 18k

phonetic

Juniors
It's quite chilly today. The wind has a bit of bite to it. I'm very glad to be flying up to warmer temperatures in Brisbane.

I think you're pretty close to the mark with the figures. I don't the Newy fans won't mind a bit of rain. They disappeared very quickly in Newcastle when we were thumping them in the wet earlier this year, but the fact that is a semi will ensure close to a full house.

It's the Canterbury game which is most vulnerable. There's plenty of shelter out at the big white elephant! Get out there people!

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Report on SEN (Melbourne Sports Radio station) this morning that over 12,500 tickets sold already for the Melbourne v Parramatta game on Sunday.

Still reporting showers and 16oC for Melbourne

ouwet

Bench
There are still Category 1 tickets available to the Bulldogs game... Weather is going to be CRAP, I'm now expecting a crap crowd of under 20,000 to turn up:( GET to the bloody game Bulldogs and Raiders supporters!!!!!!!!!