What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

Spot On

Coach
No, read it again. Doesn't have to be a run-on player to be integral to the squad.

I believe that Joel has the attitude and ability to make it. He has played 2 full seasons of first grade at the age of 24 as a forward. Wayne Bennett has seen enough in him to play him all year (despite him not playing to his potential throughout the year - I'm sure he would admit that), yet you guys are carrying on like he is a leper because he has backed himself and leaving the club.

As per Parra's situation, as soon as you bring up Tautai you have lost it. Reni has been very much average this year, apart from last week. Ryan has played 10 - 12 first grade games in his life, Horo is going through a playing crisis and needs to redevelop himself and we are losing our heart and soul to retirement (I don't buy into the paper talk of him changing his mind). Majority of Parra fans would agree that second row is an area of weakness for us.

Well if that's the case, Parra should end up with the spoon again next season.

stuke

Bench
Show me anywhere anytime any of this was said.
Seriously, do you not read papers, listen to commentary or anything similar? That's okay, live a nice life with your head in the sand.

If Bennett didn't drop him earlier in the year when he was playing rubbish ( with the rest of the team ) and didn't have constraints on salary cap why would he now?? Find another argument cause this one ain't working for you.

Spot On

Coach
Still waiting for Stuke to answer the question; what are the attributes that he sees that Edwards possesses? I'm the 3rd or 4th post that's asked this question, so I don't expect an answer...

I've asked the same question. He hasn't watched enough to answer. I'm starting to wonder if he knows what Edwards looks like and which position he plays.

stuke

Bench
Still waiting for Stuke to answer the question; what are the attributes that he sees that Edwards possesses? I'm the 3rd or 4th post that's asked this question, so I don't expect an answer...
It really isn't that hard. I think the bloke is a solid player - one of those guys that every successful team needs to do the extra bit of work here or there out there on the field that lets the 'stars' shine. A Tony Grimaldi type of player. He isn't going to be a rep player, but he isn't going to let you down. ( before you jump in and say what about this year I would ask you about the form of all your team - something's not right)

Whether you want him in your team or not is up to you, I just can't get over the crap that is being said about him in this thread for daring to knock the Knights offer back and back himself elsewhere.

I personally would have loved him at the Eels.

Spot On

Coach
Again, most who watch the bloke play week in week out can't believe the money Canberra has offered compared to the performances he has put out there over the past two seasons. Most of us have said good luck to him. Good luck to Canberra. He has well and truly hit the jackpot.

You are definitely underselling the strength of your backrow at Parra.

stuke

Bench
Stuke do you by chance know Eddie personally? I just don't get your obseession with his moving on! Please enlighten.

I live in Newcastle and hear the rubbish about 'our team, our knights' all the time. Brian Smith was lambasted for his lack of juniors yet here is a young local guy giving it his best shot copping it from all you hardcore supporters for backing himself to get a contract better than the Knights have offered him.

I came in here and asked a simple question - if he is so bad then why has Bennett played him ALL year? No-one has properly answered that. Spot On started okay then wanted to call me delusional because he couldn't hold an argument together. Then the good old line of ' only posters who support the knights and have been here for years' came out. Some of those guys were calling for Daine Laurie earlier in the year. FFS!

Loyalty is a big thing in Knights culture - you all bleat on with it all the time. Tinkler was bringing the boys back home. Now it seems like Edwards contract offer was downgraded to bring in a 32 year old injury prone player. What has Bennett achieved? Who has improved? Is he using reputation to buy a premiership and will then waltz out, leaving the Knights with overpaid, old broken down players like the Dragons? Sounds very similar to Brian Smith to me.....without he premiership of course ;)

Jono078

Referee
Loyalty? We offered the dude a very solid contract pre-season apparently, he turned it down to squeeze more money out of us.

And clearly it back fired considering our most recent offer, which was also reasonable considering his performances this year.

Why Bennett sticks with him, who knows? I don't know how he sticks with Costigan either.

Spot On

Coach
What was written that was not civil mate?

If you think Eddie would get a start in front of Hindy, Ryan, Smith, Reni etc you're delusional. As most have said here, he is a depth signing. He isn't going to strengthen a pack as a starting player. No one has a short memory. He burst on to the scene with a couple of well timed hits and a few people got excited.

Have you watched him closely the past two seasons have you?

Christ mate, put the tissues away and read the sentence. Get over it.

You rate Eddie highly. Power to ya.

stuke

Bench
I've asked the same question. He hasn't watched enough to answer. I'm starting to wonder if he knows what Edwards looks like and which position he plays.

Lol. That's right, I haven't posted on here for 100 years about the good ole boys of the Knights so I can't have an opinion, yet you are an authority on the backrow abilities of the Parramatta Eels.

Answer my original question - why is Edwards respected by others such as Gould and Stuart, and why has Bennett played him all year long (don't go down KempoKnights line, you and I both know that is rubbish). while you are at it why did the Knights offer him 200 K originally if he is so rubbish?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Loyalty is a big thing in Knights culture - you all bleat on with it all the time. Tinkler was bringing the boys back home. Now it seems like Edwards contract offer was downgraded to bring in a 32 year old injury prone player. What has Bennett achieved? Who has improved? Is he using reputation to buy a premiership and will then waltz out, leaving the Knights with overpaid, old broken down players like the Dragons? Sounds very similar to Brian Smith to me.....without he premiership of course ;)
You do realise it was Eddy's decision to leave? Or do you honestly suggest we should of matched Canberra's ridiculous offer of 200k?

You can't keep them all.

Spot On

Coach
Lol. That's right, I haven't posted on here for 100 years about the good ole boys of the Knights so I can't have an opinion, yet you are an authority on the backrow abilities of the Parramatta Eels.

Answer my original question - why is Edwards respected by others such as Gould and Stuart, and why has Bennett played him all year long (don't go down KempoKnights line, you and I both know that is rubbish). while you are at it why did the Knights offer him 200 K originally if he is so rubbish?

FMD. Are you taking the piss? Go back and read the posts. The answer to your question has been written multiple times.

Now, where's the link to the article from Gus and Ricky singing the praises of this star?

aqua_duck

Coach
Edwards is a starting backrower for a bottom 8 team with a weak forward pack, hardly a big achievement. Even as a starting backrower he offers less than 2 other backrowers on the bench (Taia and Cuthbertson), if you don't believe me look at the stats. Btw Stuke can you stop dodging the question, what exactly are Eddy's strengths.
Btw most people weren't too dirty on him til his pathetic effort last night

stuke

Bench
Loyalty? We offered the dude a very solid contract pre-season apparently, he turned it down to squeeze more money out of us.

And clearly it back fired considering our most recent offer, which was also reasonable considering his performances this year.

Why Bennett sticks with him, who knows? I don't know how he sticks with Costigan either.
A solid offer without any concessions for salary cap increases. Why would anyone sign a 3 year contract without stipulations with the conjecture over the salary cap increase coming in soon?

stuke

Bench
Daine? Jesus. Do you watch league?
Sure do mate. Do a search on Daine Laurie. He has his own thread here that some of your long serving Knights posters were singing his praises cause he scored a try against Port Stephens! Ohhhhh..... And he is BIG. Lol.

Spot On

Coach
Edwards is a starting backrower for a bottom 8 team with a weak forward pack, hardly a big achievement. Even as a starting backrower he offers less than 2 other backrowers on the bench (Taia and Cuthbertson), if you don't believe me look at the stats. Btw Stuke can you stop dodging the question, what exactly are Eddy's strengths.
Btw most people weren't too dirty on him til his pathetic effort last night

Taia and Cuthbo are backrowers playing prop. If we actually had a prop rotation Eddie would not be in the 17.

Wonder if that helps our friend?

Spot On

Coach
Sure do mate. Do a search on Daine Laurie. He has his own thread here that some of your long serving Knights posters were singing his praises cause he scored a try against Port Stephens! Ohhhhh..... And he is BIG. Lol.

......... and he has what to do with the Knights?

stuke

Bench
FMD. Are you taking the piss? Go back and read the posts. The answer to your question has been written multiple times.

Now, where's the link to the article from Gus and Ricky singing the praises of this star?
Read the last reply to KempKnight before he disappeared.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It really isn't that hard. I think the bloke is a solid player - one of those guys that every successful team needs to do the extra bit of work here or there out there on the field that lets the 'stars' shine. A Tony Grimaldi type of player. He isn't going to be a rep player, but he isn't going to let you down. ( before you jump in and say what about this year I would ask you about the form of all your team - something's not right)

Whether you want him in your team or not is up to you, I just can't get over the crap that is being said about him in this thread for daring to knock the Knights offer back and back himself elsewhere.

I personally would have loved him at the Eels.

Your answer to what attributes does he have is because 'he is a solid player'?

I have witnessed some vague answers to questions, but that takes the cake.

You were asked what his attributes are. Saying he's a solid player isn't attributes. Saying he's got a good offload, runs good lines, often makes tackle busts, has a good ability to find the try line. These are attributes. Saying he is a 'solid player' doesn't cut it.

Latest posts