What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

we actually do care what Skeepe says

Haha, you'll regret that.

And no, I don't think I've quite descended to the epic genius battles that have played out between yourself, Hutty1986 and Mr Fourex in the interstate forum.

Like I said, enjoy Beau Scott at 500k :lol:

Kade Snowden 400k :lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dude, you just trolled yourself. I don't rate Beau Scott, but he's at least twice the player Edwards is.

Trolling is an art form. You can't just spray bullets and hope one of them hits.

You trolling is like a man with no arms trying to masturbate. It's embarrassing for the rest of us, and you'll probably end up shooting yourself in the eye.
:lol: !!!

15-0.

Apey

Staff member
Oh boy, the tears in this thread :lol:

Not a good look when a local completely rejects an offer to stay, imo.

Edwards definitely has talent, and with the competition he'll be facing for a spot I'm sure he'll be giving his all for us. Got him for a good price I'd say considering his age and the imminent salary cap increase.

Welcome to the Nations Capital and most prosperous city in Australia, Joel.

Enjoy Beau Scott on 500k Drugca$tle fans! :lol:

Canberra signed Edwards, game set match Newcastle.

Haha.

Look despite my "he definitely has talent" line, which a few of the dullards fell head over shoulders for, I think he's a solid benchie who obviously possesses stinging defence but has a limited variety of attacking ability. Perhaps a younger Nigel Plum?

He definitely isn't as bad as what many of you guys have made out and tbh it smacks all little of sour grapes.

I'll reiterate that 200k is a fair price when all things considered.

aqua_duck

Coach
$200k a year for the useless git is about $190k too much. A few solid hits can't mask the fact he's not good enough in this day and age

skeepe

Immortal
Haha.

Look despite my "he definitely has talent" line, which a few of the dullards fell head over shoulders for, I think he's a solid benchie who obviously possesses stinging defence but has a limited variety of attacking ability. Perhaps a younger Nigel Plum?

He definitely isn't as bad as what many of you guys have made out and tbh it smacks all little of sour grapes.

I don't think 200k is a fair price at all.

It's massive overs for a guy with feet for hands, who makes terrible decisions with or without the ball and is an absolute liability in defence if the attacker even deviates slightly from running straight at him.

We've already got players like that, and we've told Thurling, a far superior player to Edwards, to look elsewhere just so we can sign him.

I can usually see the good in most signings, no matter how bizarre, but the club have lost me on this one.

Spot On

Coach
Haha.

I have no doubt he is a depth signing for most clubs. The sort of player you would have in reserve grade and call upon to fill a hole for an injured backrower.

You see talent in the fellow. Could you explain what he shows from week to week that will keep him in the top 17 at Canberra?

200K for a player of his ability is simply ludicrous unless the club is desperate due to massive injury toll or retiring players and have no juniors or depth to speak of. Most fans would know this, let alone the blokes in charge of the recruitment for the club. I think Eddie was being offered the absolute maximum for a bloke of his ability. I think it's fair to say that if a bloke like Sean Fensom can't get a gig at state level then Eddie never will.

Canberra have paid overs for him and Eddie benefits so congrats and all the best to him. I'm sure Furner will get the best out of him and give him every opportunity to get those rep jumpers he deserves.

And it is simply amazing that I am about to say, "I totally agree with you Skeepe."

Last edited:

stuke

Bench
Amazing that a bloke with as little talent, as you guys are claiming he has, has been able to keep a first grade spot all year under the tutelage of the god of coaching Wayne Bennett. Add that Midley and Tinkler were upset at losing him as well. But no, he's useless!

Spot On

Coach
Amazing that a bloke with as little talent, as you guys are claiming he has, has been able to keep a first grade spot all year under the tutelage of the god of coaching Wayne Bennett. Add that Midley and Tinkler were upset at losing him as well. But no, he's useless!

You believe he'd be a walk up start in the top 17 at each NRL team mate?

Burwood

Bench
Are Midley and Tinkler upset? Going from what has been written in the papers, I thought that they were more dumbfounded about how the whole thing has gone down.

Spot On

Coach
Not every team, but he would be with a few. He has been for yours for 2 years.

Hence the reason Bennett has bought players to the club. Eddie knows he'd be playing NSW Cup next season and getting a call up to fill in when injuries occur.

Who do you support mate? You seem upset your team has missed the boat with this star. Would he have made a big difference to the quality of your top 17?

stuke

Bench
No need to get like that Spot On, we can be civil and discuss this like adults.

I'm a Parra fan, so yes he would have made a difference to my team - but lets face it so would numerous others.

At no point did I say Eddy was a 'star', not all players on the team can be. He is solid and could have been moulded into a Bill Peden style of player for the team and have given his all for the next ten years.

He hasn't set the world on fire this year but how many of your guys have? He has looked good in the last few weeks along with all the other guys who have been playing like busteds for most of the year.

People on here have short memories....

Spot On

Coach
What was written that was not civil mate?

If you think Eddie would get a start in front of Hindy, Ryan, Smith, Reni etc you're delusional. As most have said here, he is a depth signing. He isn't going to strengthen a pack as a starting player. No one has a short memory. He burst on to the scene with a couple of well timed hits and a few people got excited.

Have you watched him closely the past two seasons have you?

stuke

Bench
What was written that was not civil mate?

If you think Eddie would get a start in front of Hindy, Ryan, Smith, Reni etc you're delusional. As most have said here, he is a depth signing. He isn't going to strengthen a pack as a starting player. No one has a short memory. He burst on to the scene with a couple of well timed hits and a few people got excited.

Have you watched him closely the past two seasons have you?

You are making it personal. I am not having a go at you. I am not delusional, I am not upset.

Hindy won't be there next year, Smith is injury prone, Ryan could go either way after only 10 games of FG, Reni is ok but not the player he was. So you have named 3 players for Parra - most teams would run with more than that in their 1st grade squad. Starting player or bench - is there a difference in the modern game?

As I have said he isn't a star, but he is a solid firstgrader. The way people are talking on here you would think he is lucky to walk in a straight line.

And yes, I have watched him closely in the last 2 seasons.

The bigger question should be why hasn't WB developed his game further?

What makes u think Wayne hadn't tried to develop his game. He is very limited in his skill set. I also think he is an absolute paycheck player. The sort of player i am stoked to get rid of. Canberra are clueless. 200 k for a substandard first grader. What a laugh!

Spot On

Coach
You are making it personal. I am not having a go at you. I am not delusional, I am not upset.

Hindy won't be there next year, Smith is injury prone, Ryan could go either way after only 10 games of FG, Reni is ok but not the player he was. So you have named 3 players for Parra - most teams would run with more than that in their 1st grade squad. Starting player or bench - is there a difference in the modern game?

As I have said he isn't a star, but he is a solid firstgrader. The way people are talking on here you would think he is lucky to walk in a straight line.

And yes, I have watched him closely in the last 2 seasons.

The bigger question should be why hasn't WB developed his game further?

Ryan will be there, Reni was your best on field last week against Brissy and Ben Smith is a walk up start. Not to mention Horo, Paulo and Tautai. Paulo is great find. Could be anything. I'd gladly take Matt Ryan now if Parra don't won't him. If you guys keep winning I can see Hindy changing his mind as well.

And yes, at NRL level there is a big difference with who sits on your bench. A weak bench gets found out very quickly. Eddie best shot at the top 17 going forward is the bench when injury arises.

So, you've watched him closely the past two seasons. What are his strengths in your opinion. The things he does well that warrant a run on start for an NRL team.

Apey

Staff member
ugh.

He is prone to being a liability in defence and doesn't even come close to making up for it in his attack.

/end

Latest posts