What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Do I think that players should be signed just because they are 'juniors'. No. Nowhere have I said that. I did question the loyalty that the Knights regime are displaying since Tinkler took over - to me it bares similarities to when Brian Smith was lambasted from pillar to post - as it is something that the officials seem to hang their hat on when it is convenient.

Are you serious?

Gidley
Uate
Tahu
McManus
Mullen
Roberts
Snowden
Buderus
Mason
McKinnon
Rochow
Tetevano

12/17 locals that would be in FG right now (obviously Gids too if he wasn't injured). Not many teams can better that.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Our club was founded on blokes with plenty of tomorrow's. How many tomorrow's will the team of 2013 how? I can see a good side next year but then I can see the recruitment being all wrong in that it is so short term we won't be anywhere in 3 years. Who will develop into our next hooker, other than Sims who else is promising in the forwards and other than occasional good things from Roberts he is far from anywhere near the next halfback superstars of DCE & Reynolds etc.
Kinda the second time you've brought this up. Let me just ask how many of these players of tomorrow won us premierships in the last decade?

We've got our share in the team right now. Kev Naiqama, Tyrone Roberts, Boyd, Uate, McManus, Snowden, Rochow, Gagai, McKinnon. I don't know how many more younger players you want.

stuke

Bench
You seem to have a stutter Spot On.

I've asked you plenty, you didn't respond until I'm not on here. Stop trying to act the hero and move on. Good luck with the rest of the season Champ!

Spot On

Coach
Looks like Stuke's been nuked.

All hot air hey mate.

It's plain for all to see that you don't follow league much.

What would you like answered?

The Devil

Bench
I think Joel does offer footwork at the line as he has shown on a number of occasions eg twice stepped Burgess in the Souths game while KOD went straight into him and we know how that ended

Having a bit of a footwork before the line is all well and good to avoid getting smashed by the first defender, but useless if you are caught by the 2nd defender.

Joel has made 2 line breaks this season. Compare that with Houston who has 5, and many here will tell you Houston needs to do more with his ball running.

Funnily enough though, Joel's 2 line breaks have come in each of our games against the Raiders.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Read the last reply to KempKnight before he disappeared.

Didnt dissapear mate worked last night til 2am, meeting at 8am and work all day through to 5 so I actually passed out on the lounge. But once again Ill ask you where all these accolades from from sticky and gus are coming from. I watch every knights game and atleast 3-4 other games each week. I check websites, newspapers and various other forums rugby league related and nowhere in any of them have I seem nor heard a quote from Sticky or Gus or from any other source to justify your claims.

Oh and its already been explained multiple times why he has kept his spot in the side all year, you know how we explained about the Lack of anyone better, maxed out 2nd tier cap etc. If Eddie was as good as you seem to think he was, and as important a player to the Knights as you seem to think he is then why, after actually having Eddie in his side for half a year did the next offer come from the knights at originally 150k for 1 season? Way less then the 200k 3 year deal he was offered in December. Maybe its because after actually having him in his side for half a year Wayne realised that at best he is an average player worth no more then average money.

There you go champ, whole bundle of reasons why he has kept his spot. Ive responded to all the claims you have made so how bout you back up yours?

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
It really isn't that hard. I think the bloke is a solid player - one of those guys that every successful team needs to do the extra bit of work here or there out there on the field that lets the 'stars' shine. A Tony Grimaldi type of player. He isn't going to be a rep player, but he isn't going to let you down. ( before you jump in and say what about this year I would ask you about the form of all your team - something's not right)

Whether you want him in your team or not is up to you, I just can't get over the crap that is being said about him in this thread for daring to knock the Knights offer back and back himself elsewhere.

I personally would have loved him at the Eels.
Tony Grimaldi was a workhorse who wouldn't miss simple tackles and would pop up at the right moments, that doesn't describe Eddy at all, in any case Grimaldi types are becoming obsolete in this day and age.
As for his pre season contract offer how do you know what clauses there were in there? Are you his manager?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If that's all I wrote it is vague, but it's not. You need to read more than the first few words. Then again you were calling for Daine Laurie to play 1st grade so you wouldn't know the type of player that Tony Grimaldi was. Ask your dad.

I actually did read the whole thing and it is clear that you didn't answer the question. OK I'll try and help you out with answering the question. What attributes did a player like Grimaldi have that you see that Edwards has?

BTW, Grimaldi from what I heard was on a quarter of the salary that Edwards has signed on for.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I'm sure Edwards is a good bloke and all but he refused 2 contract offers from his hometown club. They weren't small offers either. Many of us would pay from our own pockets to wear and play in the Knight's jersey.

It's only a matter of time before the whole league know what most of us on this forum already know... Edwards is a hack and not worth $250,000 a year.

Big Tim

First Grade
FTR:

1997 GF:
O'Davis
Albert
Mad Dog
Craigie
Hughes
Johns
Johns
Butterfield
Peden
Harragon
Richards
Muir
Glanville
Fletcher
Conley
Crowe
Jackson

2001 GF:
O'Davis
Tahu
Gidley
Hughes
Mad Dog
Rudder
Johns
Perry Buderus
Parsons
Simpson
Kennedy
Peden
Marquet
O'Brien
Grief
Abraham

ryana87

Juniors
Joel Edwards officially signs with Raiders according to our Facebook Page..... Has there been any update on us signing j Smith?

Rod

Bench
Has there been any update on us signing j Smith?

I too am wondering what's happening with this. Supposedly it's a done deal, what are they waiting for? Maybe some compensation to the Sharks to be finalised or something. I'm an impatient man.

Nuffy

Bench
Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club was thrilled to have Edwards join them in 2013 and said he will be a more than handy acquisition for the club.

“Joel has been fantastic for the Knights this season and we’re looking forward to him joining us next year."

Obviously Don hasn't seen too much of Eddy this year, his "efforts" on Sat night were cringeworthy.

Silent Knight

First Grade
After reading that comment by Don Furner the Benny Hill theme song came into my head for some strange and inexplicable reason.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club was thrilled to have Edwards join them in 2013 and said he will be a more than handy acquisition for the club.

?Joel has been fantastic for the Knights this season and we?re looking forward to him joining us next year."

Obviously Don hasn't seen too much of Eddy this year, his "efforts" on Sat night were cringeworthy.

Thanks for the laugh Nuffy!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Here stukey stukey stukey. Where are you boy? Everyones responded to your claims now how bout you back up yours?

I wonder if his lack of a reply is a demonstration that he has conceded that he was wrong. All we received from him was dodging and not answering questions, now he's gone in hiding. Man up Stuke. Either push your case or concede a point and move on.

Latest posts