What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

stuke

Bench
I wonder if his lack of a reply is a demonstration that he has conceded that he was wrong. All we received from him was dodging and not answering questions, now he's gone in hiding. Man up Stuke. Either push your case or concede a point and move on.

Sorry boys, don't get on here every day.

Lack of reply? There were plenty of replies....don't think I need to 'man up' at all. I have said in a previous post that my opinion of Joel is obviously different to the thoughts of you guys. Definitely don't think he is deserving of some of the rubbish comments that have been directed his way by your supporters.

KempoKnight, I may have got a bit carried away with claims of Stuart and Gould, but there were many accolades flowing his way in the past. Form hasn't been great this year - but again I ask, who has for the Knights for the entire season?

Interesting that WB still named him in first grade this week despite the return of Snowden.....

aqua_duck

Coach
Eddy is very lucky Tetevano has a shocker last week as well and also we've maxed out our 2nd tier cap.
Stuke no more deflecting questions, just tell is what you think his strengths are, and being solid doesn't count. Dallas Johnson is a solid player but his strength is his workrate for example.
So what are Eddy's strengths besides 4 or 5 dominant tackles a season?

stuke

Bench
Eddy is very lucky Tetevano has a shocker last week as well and also we've maxed out our 2nd tier cap.
Stuke no more deflecting questions, just tell is what you think his strengths are, and being solid doesn't count. Dallas Johnson is a solid player but his strength is his workrate for example.
So what are Eddy's strengths besides 4 or 5 dominant tackles a season?

I have told you what I think his strengths are, the fact you guysdon't agree with me doesn't mean I haven't answered your questions or are deflecting.

Read it all and I have posed the question as to why he hasn't developed under WB. The response I got was ' how do you know WB hasn't?'. But what players have actually developed into better players this year? At the age of 23 he had cemented a first grade spot - at the age of 24 under the tutelage of the Demi god he has seemed to go backwards. Wayne's response? I see potential in Joel to develop into the player that contributes to the whole team - not just three big runs a game. Why hasn't his work rate improved? Why hasn't his fitness levels improved with another off-season under his belt and the facilities that you guys now have at your disposal? Again, why hasn't anyone's?

Let's face it, we are not going to agree. I don't agree with you lot, you lot definitely don't agree with me! That's what a league forum is all about, isn't it? The real answer will come next year when we see what impact WB has, cause he can't keep serving up what he has and be protected.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
I look forward to a MOTM performance from Joel this week. He is certainly being touted as one of our better squad members by some. About time he does something on the field. No better week to start, with the season on the line.

His barnstorming running game should give us plenty of go forward and of course we all know he is a flawless defender.

If ever there was a time for a big game from one of our best, it is this week.

Spot On

Coach
I forgot to mention his passing game and offloads. He is a vital cog in our attacking tructures.

aqua_duck

Coach
I have told you what I think his strengths are, the fact you guysdon't agree with me doesn't mean I haven't answered your questions or are deflecting.

Read it all and I have posed the question as to why he hasn't developed under WB. The response I got was ' how do you know WB hasn't?'. But what players have actually developed into better players this year? At the age of 23 he had cemented a first grade spot - at the age of 24 under the tutelage of the Demi god he has seemed to go backwards. Wayne's response? I see potential in Joel to develop into the player that contributes to the whole team - not just three big runs a game. Why hasn't his work rate improved? Why hasn't his fitness levels improved with another off-season under his belt and the facilities that you guys now have at your disposal? Again, why hasn't anyone's?

Let's face it, we are not going to agree. I don't agree with you lot, you lot definitely don't agree with me! That's what a league forum is all about, isn't it? The real answer will come next year when we see what impact WB has, cause he can't keep serving up what he has and be protected.
No you actually still have yet to answer the question about his strengths, all you've said is he's solid and compared him to Tony Grimaldi can you actually list his strengths as in say workrate, speed, size, etc?

As for players development under Bennett, I think most of the team have just had difficulty adjusting to Bennett's style, but Edwards has gone the same way as Junior Sau IMO, Bennett thought he could develop Eddy's workrate and attacking skills like he could develop Sau's passing game but obviously he was wrong, sometimes players just don't have it in them. Sau has never been able to nail the draw and pass skills that Gagai makes look easy, likewise Eddy just doesn't have the athleticism, size or flair to offer a viable attacking option. His lack of athleticism or more specifically below average lateral quickness is starting to really be of concern. I think teams have worked him out, they're not running big Dane Tilse types at him for him to destroy, they're now sending quick little men at him like Reynolds and he's struggling big time

Haffa

Definitely don't think he is deserving of some of the rubbish comments that have been directed his way by your supporters.

What comments are they? That he's useless in attack, has no work rate in defence but can put on the occasional big hit? I said that about him this time last year and he's gotten worse since then.

Yosh

Coach
I forgot to mention his passing game and offloads. He is a vital cog in our attacking tructures.

Not to mention his Benji-esque stepping skills. He is just so agile for a second rower. I think he should play centre or even 5/8th.

RABK

Referee
Laugh it up at Stuke - i could probably bring up about 5 threads in 2011 where the lot of you, bar Aqua Duck, where touting Edwards as a 'future origin player', a '10 year Knight' and 'the best defender in the NRL'. I wouldn't be surprised if Joel read those exact remarks on here leading to him and his manager to reject the Knights offers and chase the rep dollars. Good work guys if so - you smokescreened the fraud out of here.

Guys like Taufua, Kaufusi and even the by god awful Ciraldo offered so much more than Edwards despite their obvious flaws that saw Bennett move them on. Edwards is close to the worst player to ever play a full season for the Knights.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
here is the search:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/search.php?searchid=613726

some interesting reading in there. lol. "defensive machine" is he, RABK?

perverse said:
the word "impact" is hard to work into the same sentence as any of our rangas names.

what impact exactly did Edwards have? i mean, in theory a square of toilet paper has "an impact"... it's just extremely underwhelming.
that was on the 31-01-2011. not much has changed since, lol. to be fair, later on in the year i concede he's making a compelling case to be our starting Lock. I think we should all just be happy he's gone. lol. McKinnon is all the ranga we need, and the most talented one i've seen in our colours in a long time.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
here is the search:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/search.php?searchid=613726

some interesting reading in there. lol. "defensive machine" is he, RABK?

that was on the 31-01-2011. not much has changed since, lol. to be fair, later on in the year i concede he's making a compelling case to be our starting Lock. I think we should all just be happy he's gone. lol. McKinnon is all the ranga we need, and the most talented one i've seen in our colours in a long time.

Yes he is.

:oops:

Big Tim

First Grade
Eddy is tireless in defence, but doesnt seem to get through the same amount of work in attack.

TBH, when Faas and AK run like they did yesterday we dont need Eddy taking many hitups, we can leave him be to cover our asses up the middle and make game saving tackles.

This sums up why we arent too concerned about losing him.

His one "strong" attribute hasnt been seen this season. Does it mean he doesnt have it anymore? I doubt it, more like teams know his 1 trick, and are avooiding it.

Defending on the edge isnt helping him either IMO.

If the Raiders play him in the middle, he could be a part of the 17.

Big Tim

First Grade
I don't think they'd pick him in front of TLL, Shillo, Fensom, Tilse or White.

Probably not in front of those guys, but we all know your 1st picked 17 is never your last 17.

He has some talent, but either he has 2nd year syndrome, our team tactics dont allow him to play his style, or teams have figured him out.

He hasnt been great for us this year, and we arent at a massive loss losing him, other than it going against Tinkler's hometown agenda, but he has an ability to play regular NRL.

He just needs to develop something else in his game other than a good shot every few weeks.

perverse

Referee
If we could get a good shot out of him every few weeks we'd be doing well, at the moment.

How many genuine bell ringers has he pulled off this year, if any? For the only string in his bow, he sure doesn't use it very often anymore.

aqua_duck

Coach
Probably not in front of those guys, but we all know your 1st picked 17 is never your last 17.

He has some talent, but either he has 2nd year syndrome, our team tactics dont allow him to play his style, or teams have figured him out.

He hasnt been great for us this year, and we arent at a massive loss losing him, other than it going against Tinkler's hometown agenda, but he has an ability to play regular NRL.

He just needs to develop something else in his game other than a good shot every few weeks.

I think teams have definitely figured him out. His only talent is his textbook tackling style, besides that he's a park footballer. He needs to really have a physical transformation if he wants a long term future in the game, maybe hit the weights hard and try put on 7 or 8kg and turn himself into a Bryce Gibbs style prop.

Latest posts