What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

aqua_duck

Coach
You only need to watch a Knights game to see Eddy backing up on most plays and using his footwork at the line and beating such bad defenders as Sam Burgess etc. He missed Reynolds after covering for Tyrone on Sat night but of course Aqua Duck etc would know that already as he is an expert in WB's defensive pattern etc.
you're a funny bloke, he's beating all these defenders with his footwork yet he still can't buy a line break to save his life. I've never pretended to know anymore about WB's defensive structures than anyone else but the Reynolds miss was simply inexcusable, and it's not the first time he's missed badly against a little bloke this year

Silent Knight

First Grade
RABK - I have never heard such utter tripe in all my life. You have lost all credibility and after all of your footballing experience you have shown that you have zero credibility on anything to do with football and might I suggest life. I think if you add that Eddy shot JFK you would be drawing a similar length bow. I actually thought that he was trying to eat Hayne's heart after killing him as you see him grip his fingers just as Hayne lands on the ground! Imbecile

You only need to watch a Knights game to see Eddy backing up on most plays and using his footwork at the line and beating such bad defenders as Sam Burgess etc. He missed Reynolds after covering for Tyrone on Sat night but of course Aqua Duck etc would know that already as he is an expert in WB's defensive pattern etc.

I am embarrassed reading this garbage on here as a knights fan because most of you are nothing but keyboard heroes who apparently have a chip on your shoulder over your own lack of ability or just a general lack of intelligence on anything to with football. Eddy has left the Knights. The club have given there side and Eddy has yet to give his but he got more $$ so good luck to the bloke and let's see in 3 years who was right. If any knights players bothered to even look on here they would cease to give 2 hoots about any fans as some of you are a disgrace to the club

RABK you are No.1 of the idiot pile

I am sorry to the people who have shown a level head on this issue but I can't let idiots like that "represent" our club!

Dude I hate to break it to you but this is an internet forum where opinions are shared. Nothing is sacred and criticism of players, coaches and clubs on here is pretty much fair game. People do clash on here over opinion and you've got to be prepared to take it as much as you dish out. So to put it simply, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. You might not agree with RABKs opinion (I don't agree with him on the Hayne hit because I still think it was an absolute beauty) but living in a democracy means he's entitled to it.

But if you want to throw your toys out of the cot and leave this forum you're more than welcome to. You won't be the first and you certainly won't be the last. Welcome to LU.

juniorknight

Juniors
I am just embarrassed for RABK tbh and aqua duck you seriously have some issues with Eddy you probably need to talk to him about. I suggest you head to training tomorrow to help him and probably the team as a whole out. The miss on Reynolds was Tyrone's tackle he misread it and Eddy couldn't cover it. Willie makes several misses similar in a game yet you aren't on his back (yet!)

This may be LU and it may be a forum but that doesn't mean that people can just talk utter S*&t and be left unaccountable which most of you on here seem to be happy to do!

I think that maybe there are a few too many failed league careers on here and blokes still living the dream at home in the dark on the keyboards. I would love to see Aqua Duck or RABK at Knights training tomorrow offering their opinion. They would be the first blokes lining up to shake hands and lick A$$ in the hope Bedsy or someone smiled at them.

Nuffy

Bench
JK

From my perspective it's the sheer delusion of Eddy that has me scratching my head.

He was offered a 600k contract and thought he could do better, which is his right. As it turns out after all the talk, he signed a 600k contract so he is no better off for all the talk, he backed himself and came up short.

You could build a case that he has actually gone backwards because he will need to move house, uproot his life and move 6 hours south. Financially he is certainly worse off than he was in January.

He could have stayed and built a profile in his hometown which could have been parlayed into a career after football, he has forgone that.

I'm not the slightest bit concerned that he has left, he really isn't that good and certainly won't come back to bite us. I do however continue to shake my head at the tickets some people have on themselves.

aqua_duck

Coach
I am just embarrassed for RABK tbh and aqua duck you seriously have some issues with Eddy you probably need to talk to him about. I suggest you head to training tomorrow to help him and probably the team as a whole out. The miss on Reynolds was Tyrone's tackle he misread it and Eddy couldn't cover it. Willie makes several misses similar in a game yet you aren't on his back (yet!)

This may be LU and it may be a forum but that doesn't mean that people can just talk utter S*&t and be left unaccountable which most of you on here seem to be happy to do!

I think that maybe there are a few too many failed league careers on here and blokes still living the dream at home in the dark on the keyboards. I would love to see Aqua Duck or RABK at Knights training tomorrow offering their opinion. They would be the first blokes lining up to shake hands and lick A$$ in the hope Bedsy or someone smiled at them.
f**k you're a jibberer of the highest order. I've given a balanced assessment of Joel, you've acted as if the guy is Ben Kennedy 2.0, yet I'm talking shit?
Everyone here has an opinion numb nuts, that's why they're on a forum but doesn't mean anyone is pretending they know more than WB.

juniorknight

Juniors
Nuffy have you ever heard Eddy saw he will play Origin?

Don't you want a bloke to back themselves to play better rather than just take the first offer given.

He will get $10k relocation bonus from NRL so financially maybe after footy he will be affected but as an active community minded player I reckon he will be fine with the places I have seen him out and about in the community.

aqua_duck

Coach
Btw I know other players miss tackles too, Snowden in particular is a culprit however Snowy makes up for it with 120 hard fought metres a game, Eddy's 35m hardly makes up for any defensive errors

KempoKnight

Juniors

Don't you want a bloke to back themselves to play better rather than just take the first offer given.

He will get $10k relocation bonus from NRL so financially maybe after footy he will be affected but as an active community minded player I reckon he will be fine with the places I have seen him out and about in the community.

Where the hells this coming from? Someone correct me if Im wrong but since when do players get 10k when they change sides? Also why would they?

Nuffy

Bench

Mate, his manager said it no more than a week ago and that reflects on him.

I have no issue with him backing himself, but then I would have expected him to really demand retention or substantial upgrades through breakout performances, there just hasn't been any.

In my mind he talked the talk but that's all.

Please don't forget at the end of this he is no better off than he was at the beginning of the year. Both Newcastle and Canberra valued him at 200k, his patchy season culminated in a downgrade in the last pass.

PS relocation costs are cap exempt but tightly controlled, he might get removalist costs but if his rent goes up, then thats all his to cover.

TooheysNew

Coach

Hey mate, can you say hi to Joel for me when you're talking to him next please?

Frederick

Staff member

So who's fault was it when eddy went to tackle josh mccrone but got brushed away like a piece of newspaper when the raiders were up here?

Spot On

Coach
The miss on Reynolds was Tyrone's tackle he misread it and Eddy couldn't cover it. Willie makes several misses similar in a game yet you aren't on his back (yet!)

I think you'll find that Joel has the highest missed tackle ratio of all our forwards.

I can't remember Tyrone being responsible for the miss on Reynolds. That said, I'd like to see it again before claiming I'm 100% sure.

RABK

Referee
Haha juniorknight, man up and tell which relative of Joels you are. I've met Danny Buderus numerous times, was a good experience as a teenager but i don't idol worship as an adult. I've met and even had a beer with people like Keanu Reeves, Hugh Jackman, Lucas Neil and Roger Federer and dated for a while a very famous Thai actress. Never felt the need to raise my tone of voice in excitement or request photos when meeting such people. Do you think i go bieber fever apeshit when i meet an NRL player? They, as Roger Federer put it to me and my friend when answering a question 'are just another human being who sleeps, eats, works'

Living behind a keyboard? I've lived in and travelled to more places as a 25 year old than most ever will in 2 or 3 lifetimes. Currently working overseas on a project of mine and in negotiations to bring on board a couple of people who's combined worth is over a billion dollars. I'm doing fine living behind a keyboard.

I'm good at what i choose to do. Joel might try doing the same?

RABK

Referee
RABK - I have never heard such utter tripe in all my life. You have lost all credibility and after all of your footballing experience you have shown that you have zero credibility on anything to do with football and might I suggest life. I think if you add that Eddy shot JFK you would be drawing a similar length bow. I actually thought that he was trying to eat Hayne's heart after killing him as you see him grip his fingers just as Hayne lands on the ground! Imbecile

I am embarrassed reading this garbage on here as a knights fan because most of you are nothing but keyboard heroes who apparently have a chip on your shoulder over your own lack of ability or just a general lack of intelligence on anything to with football. Eddy has left the Knights. The club have given there side and Eddy has yet to give his but he got more $$ so good luck to the bloke and let's see in 3 years who was right. If any knights players bothered to even look on here they would cease to give 2 hoots about any fans as some of you are a disgrace to the club

RABK you are No.1 of the idiot pile

I am sorry to the people who have shown a level head on this issue but I can't let idiots like that "represent" our club!

Proud to lead a pile of idiot footy fans not scared to hold each other accountable for our opinions and have a dig at the club or players if warranted. I don't represent the Knights.

You definitely sound like one of the herald regulars - "Dey turk er Jurbs!"

juniorknight

Juniors
Masturbating to famous peoples pics online doesn't actually count as meeting them in real life RABK and I would check that Thai chick as I'm pretty sure it was a ladyboy!

Aqua Duck I am not actually Joel or even his relative. He is my hairdresser and father of my first born child so I would prefer that he was given that respect! I actually thought the chip had flown off your shoulder for a moment but it must have been a moment of madness when you actually conceded other people missed tackles.

I have never said Joel doesn't miss tackles and he is a far better defender in the middle of the field at lock than on the edges IMO as he lacks the lateral speed to get a defender who gets on the outside of him particularly with poor defenders around him ie Roberts.

I have met Joel at a several fundraisers in the community & he does seem like a good guy and he has helped raise money for cancer charities etc so I would stand up for him while internet heroes get on here and bag anyone off as it's so easy to do and then you feed off each other.

And RABK I think you might need to bend down and see if you dropped anymore names.

RABK

Referee
f**k i forgot i was on the starlight foundation forum!

We love you Joel!

In short - you've got nothing. Perhaps Joel has career potential as a hairdresser? You should discuss that with him.

juniorknight

Juniors
I'll make sure if I see him before he goes that you can get him hooked up with Hugh & The Fed Express etc maybe when you get off this forum and finish your Guzillion $ deal we can go for coffee with Bill Clinton and some ladyboys and work some s&$t out. I have told you what I think & your that rattled you started just making up stories to impress everyone.

Got to go Bill Gates needs me to work on his next project with Nelson Mandela and Brad Pitt

As my old mate Obama says "Don't get into a fight with an idiot cause he'll beat with experience!"

RABK

Referee
I'll make sure if I see him before he goes that you can get him hooked up with Hugh & The Fed Express etc maybe when you get off this forum and finish your Guzillion $ deal we can go for coffee with Bill Clinton and some ladyboys and work some s&$t out. I have told you what I think & your that rattled you started just making up stories to impress everyone.

Got to go Bill Gates needs me to work on his next project with Nelson Mandela and Brad Pitt

As my old mate Obama says "Don't get into a fight with an idiot cause he'll beat with experience!"

Haha. If Rattled's definition has recently changed to amused than you got me. You keep living the dream as the fannys regular who got knocked up by *gasp omg* Joel Edwards. I'm surprised Joels sperm had the 'attack' to penetrate the vagina's natural defences against impregnation.