What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile, there are 15 head coaches and their assistants in their respective football office, planning and plotting their 2014 campaign while our board have yet to make an announcement or possibly worse, a decision on a head coach....and it's about 3 weeks before pre season training begins!

FMD!!!!

I don't have an issue with how it's going. There were a few AFL clubs that only appointed their coaches last week and they finished up a week before us AND participated in the draft without their head coaches.

It'll work out OK. Relaaaax.

Jodeci

Bench
All came about because John Hoppa said he worked with Arthur during the year at Manly and liked his style. Though I think young Hoppa has shown he may listen to his dad but he also have enough of a say for himself. It's all a Delboy beat-up

There is a bit more to this story.

You need to look at the history and player managers involved.

Jodeci

Bench
About what? Smith was with us for 3 finals series, 2 of those he was in a team that lost to cheaters.

Give me those years any day over the absolute f**king garbage we are serving up at the moment!!!

Stagger, if the shoe was on the other foot, it would be a different story and people would be blowing up deluxe

Gronk

Staff member
Pfft. If JT is the right coach for us and Hoppa walks then (provided that he's legally entitled) cya. You can't have one player hold you to ransom.

It'll work out OK lads. Relaaaax.

lingard

Coach
I don't agree, i think there were several factors on why he ended up like he has, i'd still like those days back with him as our halfback.

I was never a Tim Smith fan. I saw too many weaknesses in his game. But I have to concede, he gave Parramatta a lot more than Chris Sandow has so far. Sandow's defence is no better than Smith's was, and he is just as erratic. And he has personal issues that apparently effect his game. I wonder what the future holds for him?

The Colonel

Immortal
It sounds like it, if i was to compare it to something i would compare it to Parra Pete's dislike for Tim Smith......i'm pretty sure Timmy ran over Pete's dog.......

Nothing like Pete's dislike for Timmy. But as has been said ultimately Pete was right.

Jodeci

Bench
I was never a Tim Smith fan. I saw too many weaknesses in his game. But I have to concede, he gave Parramatta a lot more than Chris Sandow has so far. Sandow's defence is no better than Smith's was, and he is just as erratic. And he has personal issues that apparently effect his game. I wonder what the future holds for him?

Speaking of Timmy, he and Renee finally tied the knot over in Thailand yesterday.

Congrats

forward pass

Coach
Nothing that I would discuss on here. I just don't think he is the sort of bloke that should be a first grade coach. Hopefully he has matured since his time here and at Souths.

I think we can all agree that JT has done some idiotic things in the past. No doubt. I was told a story too by a former first grader about JT regarding an incident many years ago. He was a dickhead for sure.

BUT, personally I couldn't give a toss about his past - I am only judging him on his football knowledge and ability to coach and I reckon he has lot to offer there - from what I have heard. I would be very, very surprised if he hasn't matured into a normal person and felt remorse for his past indiscretions.

He is the best candidate currently.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think we can all agree that JT has done some idiotic things in the past. No doubt. I was told a story too by a former first grader about JT regarding an incident many years ago. He was a dickhead for sure.

Wouldn't the first person that has done stupid things in their 20's

84 Baby

Referee
There is a bit more to this story.

You need to look at the history and player managers involved.
Well if Hoppa's manager is willing to screw Hoppa and ultimately himself for $100-300k at least (roughly somewhere between $5000 and $30000 at least for the manager) just because they (the manager) has a beef with a new coach, perhaps Hoppa should rethink who his manager is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts