What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Well if Hoppa's manager is willing to screw Hoppa and ultimately himself for $100-300k at least (roughly somewhere between $5000 and $30000 at least for the manager) just because they (the manager) has a beef with a new coach, perhaps Hoppa should rethink who his manager is.

i don't know if tyran smith has a problem with JT. i understand it's simply down to hoppa snr's previous relationship with arthur.

when you hear about some of the stuff that goes on from agents, smith seems like one of the better ones, he regularly flew up to brisbane to train with hoppa and obviously built a good relationship with mescia/nolan along the way. he deals more with the polys because he understands their culture and fights for their cause, there is a clearly a space in the nrl for that

all a bit of a mountain from a molehill imho

Kornstar

Coach
Nothing that I would discuss on here. I just don't think he is the sort of bloke that should be a first grade coach. Hopefully he has matured since his time here and at Souths.

:lol: At least a better effort than poor old Pete's dog.

I was going to say something else but you never know what could really offend someone.

Nothing like Pete's dislike for Timmy. But as has been said ultimately Pete was right.

Meh, still way better days than the shit we've had to endure the last 3 years. Give me 05, 06 & 07 any day!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
. NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson has given an undertaking he will fulfil his commitments at the coming World Cup before joining Parramatta in the newly created role of general manager of football.
The Eels are expected to confirm Jason Taylor as their next coach on a two-year contract and there is speculation they may also announce the appointment of Anderson, although he has told NRL officials he is yet to finalise a deal with the club.
Fairfax Media has learnt that Anderson's departure was a major talking point at last Saturday's Col Pearce Medal presentation for match officials, which was won by Shayne Hayne, and there is some discontent among the ranks of the game's whistle-blowers as he is on the three-man panel with David Waite and Stuart Cummings to appoint referees at the World Cup.
Advertisement

Anderson is also due to visit NFL and NHL headquarters in North America to investigate whether the bunker system used by video referees in American football and ice hockey can be adapted to the NRL, but it is understood that task may now be given to someone else if he returns to Parramatta.
Eels sources say Anderson's appointment on a four-year deal was finalised more than a week ago, but others have said he had discussed terms for the job with Parramatta officials but was yet to receive a formal offer.
Anderson has advised the Eels he would not be available to start until after the World Cup final at Old Trafford on November 30.
''The way things are at Parramatta you would never be sure of anything until you had it in writing,'' one source said.
However, it is understood the Eels have finally made a decision on the coaching job made vacant by Ricky Stuart's decision to exercise an exit clause in his contract to join Canberra after just one season.
They will announce Taylor as the man to lead them off the bottom of the premiership ladder. His appointment comes a week after the Parramatta board voted 3-2 against a recommendation by chairman Steve Sharp to give the job to Manly assistant Brad Arthur.
Taylor finished his playing career at the Eels and was a member of the 2001 grand final team before spending five years in the club's coaching ranks.
He was an assistant to Roosters coach Trent Robinson this season.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...y-league-world-cup-duties-20131014-2vix4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.