What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

Bench
Wasnt Geoff Gerad on fhat 3 man panel??? Part of Fitzy's ticket, if anything untoward went on don't you think we would have heard all about it

The report was carried out by the CEO at the time and 2 board members.

Osburne
Duncan
Gerrard

Gronk, I don't have an issue as such.

These blokes are doing exactly the same thing if not worse than the previous admin which mind you couldn't be that hard to do so, so all I'm doing is expressing the fact that the blokes cant fail cause we all want is this club to be no.1.

Everyone on this site were quick to jump up and down regarding all issues, I'm simply pointing out some of the things that are still happening.

People are still blaming the old board when they went 6 months ago. They play no role in today's happenings.

The factions within the board are between the new blokes and Sharp made that clear in one of his recent articles where he said he was disappointed that his own board don't support him as chairman. There are only 5 board members remember.

The coaching saga continues and we are the laughing stock of the NRL. How can we have a chairman who doesn't support our head coach? Would Tinkler come out and say we don't support Bennett but my board voted against me? Would Ray Dib at the Bulldogs say the same thing when they signed Hasler?

I've told the previous admin that their 2 big errors was appointing Osbourne and Kearney all along and 99% of this forum would agree on that.

It's just a shame that we are one of the biggest sporting clubs in NSW but we run this club so unprofessionally.

Stop speaking sense, Gronk will have a heart attack.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

These blokes are doing exactly the same thing if not worse than the previous admin which mind you couldn't be that hard to do so, so all I'm doing is expressing the fact that the blokes cant fail cause we all want is this club to be no.1.

Everyone on this site were quick to jump up and down regarding all issues, I'm simply pointing out some of the things that are still happening.

People are still blaming the old board when they went 6 months ago. They play no role in today's happenings.

The factions within the board are between the new blokes and Sharp made that clear in one of his recent articles where he said he was disappointed that his own board don't support him as chairman. There are only 5 board members remember.

The coaching saga continues and we are the laughing stock of the NRL. How can we have a chairman who doesn't support our head coach? Would Tinkler come out and say we don't support Bennett but my board voted against me? Would Ray Dib at the Bulldogs say the same thing when they signed Hasler?

I've told the previous admin that their 2 big errors was appointing Osbourne and Kearney all along and 99% of this forum would agree on that.

It's just a shame that we are one of the biggest sporting clubs in NSW but we run this club so unprofessionally.
Oh no not facts!! Facts scare some people on here......

Gronk

Staff member

Mate he's on record saying that the appointment will be fully supported. What more do you want ?

Eels will support Taylor: Sharp

carson

Juniors
Steve Edge wasn't wanted by a certain faction of the board and the head coach when he signed up to play...that turned out ok...

Steve Edge wasn't wanted by a certain faction of the board and the head coach when he signed up to play...that turned out ok...

True, but it's probably not a 'best practice' model for recruitment. Some investments work out despite our best efforts to screw them up, not because of those efforts.

lingard

Coach
I still don't understand why Sharpe initially said he wanted Jason Taylor - and then changed his mind so dramatically. It just doesn't make sense. Why has no one picked up on this?

I still don't understand why Sharpe initially said he wanted Jason Taylor - and then changed his mind so dramatically. It just doesn't make sense. Why has no one picked up on this?

When did he say that he wanted Taylor, and in what context?

Was it like 'Would you rather have Taylor or get bummed by that fat merkin who streaked during the Origin match'? or did he say early on that his #1 choice was JT?

I have no problem with any of the coaches/GM Footballs suggested.....but the way we've gone about this is comical, and re-inforces my beliefs that the toy (the footy team) needs to be taken away from these children (both sides of the board bullshit) for at least a few years. When they learn to behave they might get the toy back.

strider

Post Whore

IMO - I don't think he is anti Taylor at all - I think his rather dramatic support of Arthur was purely cos he had f'ed up by telling him and others he was gonna get the job before it was decided and he was just trying to save face - 110% amateur

Snoochies

First Grade

Was it like 'Would you rather have Taylor or get bummed by that fat merkin who streaked during the Origin match'? or did he say early on that his #1 choice was JT?

I have no problem with any of the coaches/GM Footballs suggested.....but the way we've gone about this is comical, and re-inforces my beliefs that the toy (the footy team) needs to be taken away from these children (both sides of the board bullshit) for at least a few years. When they learn to behave they might get the toy back.

From memory when the Ricky was leaving rumours started Sharp said if Ricky left he'd just get Taylor.

lingard

Coach

This was quoted by 2MMM FM on the 5th of September:
(In relation to suggestions that Ricky Stuart might be leaving Parramatta):
'Parramatta boss, Steve Sharpe said, "If he leaves, he'll be replaced by Jason Taylor. He's very well thought of at Parramatta. He did a great job here once before, when Brian Smith was sacked mid-season in 2006. I think it's a good move. I think Jason Taylor is the best guy not coaching an NRL side at the moment."

This was quoted by 2MMM FM on the 5th of September:
(In relation to suggestions that Ricky Stuart might be leaving Parramatta):
'Parramatta boss, Steve Sharpe said, "If he leaves, he'll be replaced by Jason Taylor. He's very well thought of at Parramatta. He did a great job here once before, when Brian Smith was sacked mid-season in 2006. I think it's a good move. I think Jason Taylor is the best guy not coaching an NRL side at the moment."

OK. Ta. Sensible opinion...stupid thing to say on air before he knew who the other options might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts