What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carson

Juniors
I think you will find that he has not been a plumber in years...but why ruin a good story!!!

Works in some fair trading or some similar gov't agency, has for years.

Western_Eel

Juniors
You guys carry on abit, does it really matter? Just because he would rather Arthur doesn't mean he won't support Taylor, I think some people on here are a bit bias

Gronk, I don't have an issue as such.

These blokes are doing exactly the same thing if not worse than the previous admin which mind you couldn't be that hard to do so, so all I'm doing is expressing the fact that the blokes cant fail cause we all want is this club to be no.1.

Everyone on this site were quick to jump up and down regarding all issues, I'm simply pointing out some of the things that are still happening.

Actually most of the time you all shut up when I started saying stuff in 2010 that things were going down hill, when we started retrenching people and moving people on.

I've told the previous admin that their 2 big errors was appointing Osbourne and Kearney all along and 99% of this forum would agree on that.

That's the real trick isn't it. Most would say with 20/20 hindsight you are correct, but we elect those on the board to see us though those issues.

I would actually say there we more than 2 big errors, there error wasn't hiring Ossie, it was not getting rid of him after he had done his job. if you ask around, Ossie was always supposed to be the Razor man, the one that made the cuts and the enemies, but after his removal of Anderson he should have went, the fact he was approaching players the coach didn't want would say that there were issues, and those issues were reflected elsewhere.

Also allowing the appointment of Mr Bentley as CEO after he put out the advertisement and screened the candidates. It might not have been nepotism but it did smack of it.

What about the CFO whose former roll was a Benex or what ever the name of the company was.

Firing Anderson after asking the Captain and Vice Captain who they wanted, that doesn't effect morale, nor does picking as his replacement a member of the team that beat the side while cheating.

I have heard the apologists say that these were the best decisions to make at the time, and given the opportunity they would do them again. I am sorry but these were not the best decisions, they were filled with spite, irrational fear, and ego.

We can talk about "FACTS" till the cows come home, we are in the position we are in because of these choices, and people will have to understand and take responsibility for those choices.

If the best we have got is that our Chairman tried to pre-empt a board decision and was burnt on it, then I am glad we have a somewhat democratic board and we aren't falling behind one ego.

You guys carry on abit, does it really matter? Just because he would rather Arthur doesn't mean he won't support Taylor, I think some people on here are a bit bias

The issue is not that he prefers one over the other. I have no problem with either JT/Arthur. It's that Sharpe came out in public prior to a decision actually being made, and opened his gob. Picture this...we are 1 from 6 next year (worse luck)......people understandibly have a go at the Board.....Sharpester replies...'Well, as I told the world at the time, I wanted the other bloke'. It is particularly poor form....and obviously he's not alone in that respect.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i for one am disappointed that they are bringing back someone from the past let alone 2 and the 3rd was the other candidate.

but we're at a stage where they need to get on it with it and make a decision. and i won't be deathriding them whatever the appointment

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If the best we have got is that our Chairman tried to pre-empt a board decision and was burnt on it, then I am glad we have a somewhat democratic board and we aren't falling behind one ego.

Actually I'd prefer the club to get behind one ego (e.g. Politis, Hasler) because then we'd know the club was following some kind of plan.

As it is, every f**king decision will come down to a mediocre compromise based on pleasing the board, employees and fans. You can either make people happy and feel included in the decision making, or you can take some genuine risks and get shit done.

At the Eels we overwhelmingly go for the former. This is Parramatta.

amitropo

Juniors
Is Henry definitely out? Was on fox sports stating parra approached him for services but they are doing a thorough job in selecting coach and haven't decided yet. Titans offered him job so he took it for security, but seems like has a get out clause if nrl coach job comes up.
Could he still be in the running ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.