What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Wouldn't it be funny if the board has totally played the media as fools and Arthur is appointed as HC and Tim Sheens as GM.

The Colonel

Immortal
I have reservations about Anderson's future planning and Taylor's personality.

I have even bigger reservations about us trying to change culture by reappointing failed ex coaches, and the fact that we had an opportunity to sign the best available talent and yet appointed a CEO from within and Appeared to simply relive old board grievances in doing so.

However I do think Anderson and Taylor are both better people than Ricky Stuart.

Both are good footy brains and passionate and committed. Some other good changes have been made by Nolan and his teams. We've never had the gm position so it can only be an improvement presumably?

And we've got some good new players coming. Hopefully there is improvement in the wind.

I would place Taylor and Stuart in a similar position based on personality.

I would agree with most of what you have said but I am not sure we are in a better place with these coaching appointments. I will wait and see what happens. Hopefully I am wrong because we are in a bad place if I am not.

Parra Pride

Referee
Wouldn't it be funny if the board has totally played the media as fools and Arthur is appointed as HC and Tim Sheens as GM.

Yeah, sometimes I like to fantasize and believe our club is competent enough to pull something like that off too. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

TheRam

Coach
No. Our puppet board, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the whole way that we try to run a 21 Century football operation are all jokes. Yet, lots of people close to the Leagues club (on both/every side of this debate) still think that it'll all be ok as long as they can get their particular breed of f**kwit on to the Board.
This just about does me. Somebody take the Eels away from all of these f**kwits.

I'm telling you my "Get A Sheik To Buy Parra" idea is making more sense by the day. Come on who here still thinks that anyone we elect in the next 10 years at least will be good enough and professional enough raise the club and team to the highest level on all fronts?

If there still are any, then surely they are as delusional as I was when I was a wee lad and dreamed that one day I would score a roots with the like of gals like Kelly Le Brock. Sadly now I look back on those years as the wasted ones. Watched most of my junk wash away down the shower drain.

I was such a wanker. Thankfully I have grown out of that stage. :sarcasm:

I take it you are still into the long showers then?

TheRam

Coach
Yeah, sometimes I like to fantasize and believe our club is competent enough to pull something like that off too. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

You must be on the cusp of that in between stage. Sorry to tell you mate, but you are going to have a lot of restless and sleepless nights my friend.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The report carried out by the club sponsor, wanting his mate to get the top job. Laughable???

I asked a question several weeks ago, no merkin was able to answer. If members organized an independent report of the admin of the club under roys watch, what would the report find???

I'm sure the members would still want to know whether Hindy was going to give 100%

born an eel

Bench
the funny thing with all the hostility here is as a Football operations manager DA will have to work with both boards to be doing his job correctly.

Should be interesting to revive this thread in 18 months time. That's the good thing about the internet, people can't change their history.

Gronk

Staff member
Taylors approval rating in the poll at the head of this thread has crept up over the past few days. It seems that some of you are being are being sneaky by betting on the horse winning by 10 lengths with only 100m to go.

Noise

Coach
Is he not doing well at Real Estate?

If he is struggling, then being an SG Ball coach isn't going to help him. No one makes a living from junior rep coaching. They make SFA. Even some NYC coaches are only on part time money

Delboy

First Grade
Ando was Fitzy 's man, why would Sharpy want to be seen so transparent, guess the Parrafirst boys are pleased with their effort.

JT hopefully will see them off, Sharp needs to grow some and not act like a kid in high school to get his own back

If that is the case, how frustrating for all of us

magpie4ever

First Grade
Question:

I met JT, through my work; at the time, when he was the Parra Premier League coach; Smith was the head coach and Peter Sharp was his assistant. Taylor seemed a reasonable dude, a bit cocky but given he was not long retired from 1st grade footy, it was to be expected. Smithy was ok, and Sharpie seemed a top bloke.

Now I know he got decked by one of his players at Souths on a Mad Monday, but that dude had a reputation for such shit.

So what is the other stuff that posters keep hinting of regards his suitability?

Obviously, no need to go into full personal details etc, just an overview.

Jodeci

Bench
Mate you know I have great respect for you, but I think it's time that we put politics aside and let them do their job. This is what you asked everyone to do when Spags got the gig and it's only fair that the new regime are offered the same opportunity.

Gronk, I don't have an issue as such.

These blokes are doing exactly the same thing if not worse than the previous admin which mind you couldn't be that hard to do so, so all I'm doing is expressing the fact that the blokes cant fail cause we all want is this club to be no.1.

Everyone on this site were quick to jump up and down regarding all issues, I'm simply pointing out some of the things that are still happening.

People are still blaming the old board when they went 6 months ago. They play no role in today's happenings.

The factions within the board are between the new blokes and Sharp made that clear in one of his recent articles where he said he was disappointed that his own board don't support him as chairman. There are only 5 board members remember.

The coaching saga continues and we are the laughing stock of the NRL. How can we have a chairman who doesn't support our head coach? Would Tinkler come out and say we don't support Bennett but my board voted against me? Would Ray Dib at the Bulldogs say the same thing when they signed Hasler?

I've told the previous admin that their 2 big errors was appointing Osbourne and Kearney all along and 99% of this forum would agree on that.

It's just a shame that we are one of the biggest sporting clubs in NSW but we run this club so unprofessionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts