What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels greats stage coup talks - Sun-Herald

Uncle Leo

Juniors
It is so very clear for all to see that the agendas of the controlling interest behind 3P are involved in the Eels club/s & with their greedy selfish hands on its assets for all the wrong reasons. The spirit of this club has been strangled and is quickly dying. Casper offers his help with the Eels greats new coup if required. I am so very glad this has finally come out into the open. :clap::clap::clap:

Casper, well said mate.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Hmmm.....AGM's where a particular ethnic group gets pandered to , an attempt to get more fans who's background originates from the sub-continent - to come to games, a call now to get rid of 3P , and comments suggesting they bring back Fitzy - lol.....from an outsider watching this comedy , it seems that everyone wants to ride the wandwagon for when the eels finally win something....maybe when mr spaghetti from horsely park finally gets controlf the leagues' club eateries , then maybe the true agenda will become obvious, and the real footy/business people can run the joint...just give "the spaniard" ( yes , i know hes italian),control of tingha palace on a loooooong lease , and watch them step aside to let real business people run the show....

Clearly there are a lot of racist tools in Manly.

None of what you say is actually relevant to our current situation with the Board.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I do not disagree with you. Fitzy had to go. Having said that I do believe that his goal was always Parra 1st. There are others in power now who seem to be putting themselves, aliances with media organisations and other agenda ahead of the team and that is obvioulsy screwing us ATM.

We have a rat(s) in the ranks.

Well said. Our real problem is the personal agendas.

fish eel

Immortal
Not being smart here, but, besides the "get rid of all Fitzy appointments", are there any other agenda's you know of?

Suity

and just on that, if people run for the board because they are not happy with how the club was being run, once they get elected does it not make sense they would want to make some personnel changes?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
this is no different to whats currently happening at the club, lets leak some info about a meeting about the state of the club...:lol:

and yet Casper thinks it's a great idea.

The mess is already there, all out in the open for all to see".
Going in to clean up the mess does not make the cleaners responsible for the mess Stagger.
The mess has to be cleaned up.
It's unfortunate the 3P mess is out in the open.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Not being smart here, but, besides the "get rid of all Fitzy appointments", are there any other agenda's you know of?

Suity

a) remove all those in the know that could thwart your plans,
b) bring in all those you control
and
c) you have a dictatorship,
d) you have secrecy
and
e) you have complete control of the books,
f) you have carte blanche.... complete control over the direction of the club and all its assets....

What more would the greedy selfish, lusting for absolute power and control want???

Only requires a few at the top to control a multi national corporation
If you know what you are doing, it only requires 5% stock holding of a corporation to rule it with an iron fist, to control its direction.
Learn from history because its full of this sh*t....

Last edited:

DeanPay98

Juniors

Suity

No way mate, I'm definitely not in the know. I was just referring to the constant leaking which I think is about certain people wanting to feel important etc. Plus the general childishness with which they've carried on. The only organisation thats worse is the ALP!!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i am a sad panda... feeling a bit cheated considering how hard some of us worked on getting a positive change through

Gronk

Staff member
No way mate, I'm definitely not in the know. I was just referring to the constant leaking which I think is about certain people wanting to feel important etc. Plus the general childishness with which they've carried on. The only organisation thats worse is the ALP!!

This is what happens when egotistical amateurs get a sense of power. At a time that our club celebrated the life of Norm 'Bubbles' Sivyer, it is saddening that there are people within the club are not working 100% with the good of the club in mind.

Need more Norms.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Change isn't always easy.

One good thing that I can see in all of this is that people care about the club and are [1] speaking up and [2] doing something about it.

I'm not anti 3-P. Nor anti-Ossie; I support almost all of his personnel decisions thus far. Give them another term - they've now made the changes they wanted - let's see what happens the next few years!

Fitzy was always on about how the club was broke and going to fold (which I'm sure he didn't believe himself) - at least we haven't heard that nonsense. At least we're currently willing to chase the 'big splash' type player and throw hefty money behind it!

But if it is all self-absorbed interest, we can move 'em on in a couple of years.

Gronk

Staff member
Change isn't always easy.

One good thing that I can see in all of this is that people care about the club and are [1] speaking up and [2] doing something about it.

I'm not anti 3-P. Nor anti-Ossie; I support almost all of his personnel decisions thus far. Give them another term - they've now made the changes they wanted - let's see what happens the next few years!

Fitzy was always on about how the club was broke and going to fold (which I'm sure he didn't believe himself) - at least we haven't heard that nonsense. At least we're currently willing to chase the 'big splash' type player and throw hefty money behind it!

But if it is all self-absorbed interest, we can move 'em on in a couple of years.

Fitzy's most strategic blunder was that he wore two hats. That of the CEO of the club and the other as the head of the pokie tax lobby group formed by the clubs. His comments on behalf of the lobby group re: survival of registered clubs clearly damaged his own club and ultimately lead to his own demise.

I reiterate that whilst it was time for him to go, his actions and thoughts were at all times 100% for the benefit of the club and the NRL.

Suitman

Post Whore
Or maybe agenda's are known, or indeed hinted at, but there is no tangible proof yet.

It is then smart to not say anything more than what was said because anything more becomes slander.

Mark, as you know, we discussed this subject at length at the Titanium Bar. I think we both agreed that despite the innuendo, until something more tangible surfaces, it is irresponsible of people to throw the word "agenda" around willy nilly.
As can be seen on this very forum, people take the word as gospel and run with it, despite not actually knowing anything at all. We've seen countless examples of this over the past month.

I suppose that was the point I was trying to get across.

Suity

Mark, as you know, we discussed this subject at length at the Titanium Bar. I think we both agreed that despite the innuendo, until something more tangible surfaces, it is irresponsible of people to throw the word "agenda" around willy nilly.
As can be seen on this very forum, people take the word as gospel and run with it, despite not actually knowing anything at all. We've seen countless examples of this over the past month.

I suppose that was the point I was trying to get across.

Suity

True, however that didn't stop a number of people using it during the last election, and I don't remember you pulling up to many of those.

Suitman

Post Whore
True, however that didn't stop a number of people using it during the last election, and I don't remember you pulling up to many of those.

No I didn't. I campaigned for change. Thankfully, we got it.
I'll do it again too, if I'm not happy with this administration. No qualms about that. Unlike some though presently, I don't happen to think the sky is falling in..............yet.

Suity

No I didn't. I campaigned for change. Thankfully, we got it.
I'll do it again too, if I'm not happy with this administration. No qualms about that. Unlike some though presently, I don't happen to think the sky is falling in..............yet.

Suity

I don't know if Thankfully is a word an apparently growning number of people would use, including those that campaigned.