What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the ESL aka The HKR Progress Thread...

TheGame

Juniors
Utey said:
Aren't KR exempt from relegation cause its their first year in SL?

No were not safe this season, if we finish bottom then were down. Salford are now currently 3pts behind with 3 games left, they must hope we dont win another game and they win at least 2.

We got beat to Leeds on Friday night 34-18 and Salford lost 32-20 to St Helens, Salford were leading for a time but im glad Saints pulled it around, things are in our hands now, its the Challenge Cup final for us now and we have 2 weeks before our next game which is against out nearest rivals Hull FC, Salford play on the Friday night against Wigan and if they lose we can secure our place in SL with a win in our rivals back yard! that would be some occassion :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
HullKR are great for the Super league, really with a new stadium and success would be drawing the same crowds as HULLFC

TheGame

Juniors
Rovers have completed the signing of Jake Webster

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/rugby_league/hull_kr/news/displayarticle.php?ID=2162

Interesting to note that the original plan was to sign [Edit]Luke Burke, i dont believe there is a Luke Burke is there??? So i would presume it is Luke Burt we were after[Edit] from you guys but he stalled on a deal apparently and Webster came up and here we are.

Now on the rumour scale, we are supposedly signing Daniel Fitzhenry, Ben Galea, Clint Newton & Shaun Briscoe (Hull FC).

Fitzhenry and Galea were supposidely subject to Wharitua leaving and he has done so, Wests were suppost to keep both Daniel and Ben should he leave but apparently they will sign once survival is secured.

Dont know much about Clint Newton tbh, does he still play for the Knights? Is he a Loose (Lock)?

Whats your thoughts on these players and Webster? Hes going to be earning a reported $300,000 on season for 3 years.

Parra Guru

Coach
I can't imagine Burty going anywhere just yet, but yes that's the player.

Webster should do well in the ESL. He'll be better than Vella, that was a strange comparison.

TheGame

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
I can't imagine Burty going anywhere just yet, but yes that's the player.

Webster should do well in the ESL. He'll be better than Vella, that was a strange comparison.

Yeah i thought it a strange comparison, think Morgan was referring to how much of a fan favorite Vella is and how good he has been for us this season and what he has brought to the club, For us Vella is a big name to bring to the club and now Webster brings that same sort of thing. As far as success goes, until Micky picked up an injury mid season he was in the top 2 for metres gained for all props and would of probably made the SL Dream Team at the end of the season imho. Missed too many games for that to happen now i think, unless they add the fact he chased down Matt Sing in Cardiff for all of 60-70 Metres and made him turn inside! :lol:

bartman

Immortal
I might be wrong as I've missed a lot of recent footage, but I think Clint Newton is well past his best TG?

Fitzhenry is someone that I know has caused some groans from Tigers fans over the years with poor positional play, but I think Galea is a decent type.

Parra Guru

Coach
That's a lot of money for Webster. But he's the type of player I think will shine.

I'm sure Mick V is doing great over there (defying the laws of physics by the sounds of things :lol:), it just seemed strange to compare an old prop to a young outside back.

TheGame

Juniors
We've done it!!! Super League survival is secured with 2 games still remaining =D

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/rugby_le...ults/match_reports/displayarticle.php?ID=2229

And to say it was o so sweet to do it in our enemys back yard and take them apart would be an understatement, this was the biggest ever victory in a derby game! In a game which FC needed to win to secure a place in the play-offs.

Now we can build for next season and enjoy the last 2 games. On cloud 9, couldnt script how we secured survival, in the enemys back yard.

bartman

Immortal
Been a big season for HKR, TG.

Wouldn't have picked Cooke swapping sides mid-season, nor that big derby win on the weekend to secure next season.

And word is Briscoe is also swapping from FC to KR? Great to have two sustainable top flight league clubs in the one city!

TheGame

Juniors
Rovers have already signed up 3 new players for next season.

Jake Webster - Gold Coast Titans
Peter Fox - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
Shaun Briscoe - Hull FC

Plus we have signed 2 of our acedemy so far to first team deals Chaz I'Anson & Kirk Netherton.

Were still linked with Daniel Fitzhenry, Ben Galea, Clint Newton & Garrett Crossman among others.

But yeah the thread will last for another season :)

SNOOPY

Juniors
Mick Vella took the Player of the Year Award and the Players Player of The Year at the Hull KR awards night

Latest posts