What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the ESL aka The HKR Progress Thread...

bartman

Immortal
Glenn Morrison is going great guns at Bradford. I know some Bradford fans who are absolutely wrapped in his efforts and what he contributes on the park.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
bartman said:
Glenn Morrison is going great guns at Bradford. I know some Bradford fans who are absolutely wrapped in his efforts and what he contributes on the park.

Did anyone expect any less?

Thats the one thing you can never have a go at morro for, he ALWAYS gives 110% in every game.

bartman

Immortal
Sorry PG, it wasn't televised. Only two games get shown in the UK each week, they are the games that Foxtel then shows.

You'll find free highlights on Mondays onward each week as part of http://www.skysports.com/skysports/shows/bootsnall (through "click here for the show").

Fantastic stuff GJB, funny when the progress scores were being shown at Knowsley Road to great cheers!

GJB-HKR

Juniors
bartman said:
Sorry PG, it wasn't televised. Only two games get shown in the UK each week, they are the games that Foxtel then shows.

You'll find free highlights on Mondays onward each week as part of http://www.skysports.com/skysports/shows/bootsnall (through "click here for the show").

Fantastic stuff GJB, funny when the progress scores were being shown at Knowsley Road to great cheers!

That was amusing. It really made me laugh when the Saints fans started chanting "Hull KR, Hull KR, Hull KR" :lol:

GJB-HKR

Juniors
VELLA: WHY WEBBO IS A BORN LEADER
Hull KR's Mick Vella isn't surprised captain James Webster has developed into the quality player he is today.

The pair played together at Parramatta four years ago and Vella could already see signs in the youngster that singled him out as a leader on the park.

Webster was playing second fiddle to Paul Green and Huddersfield's Chris Thorman under Brian Smith and realised he had to leave Parramatta to develop his game.

Now Vella is glad to be playing alongside the little general again and feels a lot of Rovers' success this season has been down to Webster.

"I remember Brian Smith telling me he wasn't the biggest, fastest, strongest or prettiest member of the squad," Vella told the Mail.

"However, he told me James had a football brain to rival any in the game.

"He told me he was one of the best at leading a team around the park.

"But he was doing it more from dummy-half than half-back.

"I always knew he would go on somewhere and enjoy success and he's done it here in England.

"He's getting much better than when I first played with him and the one thing I have noticed is that he runs with the ball in hand a lot more now."

Vella has played his part in getting Rovers off to a fantastic start in their first ever season in Super League.

Anybody thinking he has come over to England for an easy ride has been proved wrong with stellar performances in the wins against Wigan and Leeds in the last two weeks.

Vella is loving every minute of his new career in England.

"I've been happy with my own performances so far this season and that has coincided with the team playing well," he said.

"I'm getting more game time under Justin than I was at Parramatta.

"Against Wigan I played 52 minutes and against Leeds I was on the pitch for about the same length of time.

"If I get between 50 and 60 minutes most weeks then I'll be happy.

"The grounds are getting harder now and that should improve my game and also the team's performances."

It's no surprise Vella is one of Rovers' leading ball carriers and he feels the front row have been playing very well together.

The 28-year-old feels Rovers' blend of low risk rugby league has helped them win four of their opening five games.

"We haven't tried to offload the ball too often in games so far," said Vella.

"It's low risk football and then we try and kick long in order to keep the errors down.

"If we can keep doing that, we should win more games than we lose."

Warrington half-backs Lee Briers and Chris Bridge are using a hyperbaric chamber in their race to be fit for Sunday's home game against Hull KR.

Briers injured a hamstring and Bridge picked up a groin strain in the Wolves' 48-12 defeat by St Helens last Friday

The facility provides pure oxygen to the body, which accelerates the healing process.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=136742&command=displayContent&sourceNode=136558&contentPK=16860600&folderPk=79770&pNodeId=136351

TheGame

Juniors
Its a little quite on the news front because we was beaten! Were still joint second currently sitting in 4th place on points difference.

Some worrying news though that James Webster has ankle damage and will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Webbos Injury

Here are a match report from the game

Match Report

And good news for our city that the first ever SL derby is SOLD OUT!

Derby Sell Out

We ONLY play the World Champions St Helens away this week so heres looking up lol

bartman

Immortal
Tough few weeks ahead TG. St Helens after a loss, Cup tie v Warrington (?), then the Easter weekend double header ending in the Hull derby. Any two wins out of four from that batch would be a good result for KR without Webster I think.

bartman

Immortal
Round 9 and Round 12 announced so far with HKR on TV PG. Played April 9 and April 27, Fox coverage is probably later on in both those weeks.

TheGame

Juniors
Its been a little quite from us Rovers fans as we have embarked on a 5 match losing streak!

Weve lost Warrington in the league, St Helens in the league, Warrington in the cup, Catalan Dragons in the league then to our neighbours Hull FC in the league on monday.

Match Report For The Derby Game

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,10-1259808,00.html

Were gutted but we are running with a very small squad and half our team isnt fully fit at the present time! we are looking to sign 3 players today so ill share those if they happen!

All in all we could have won the derby even though we are not expected to!

Latest posts