What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
The AFL Channel 7 led the news saying a new disturbing NRL video has surfaced, yet another damaging scandal. They then go on later to interview Moses, who said it's definitely not me, then they reported that the Integrity Unit confirmed it was not an NRL player.

No apology, FMD, they deliberately do little re the AFL player doing some recreational drug in Germany, with that moron Kochie on 7 saying it was harmless fun and just a harmless quasi drug. The media are so frustrating and biased.

That’s what you get for whaching Woman’s Day news. Ch7 and Ch9 are all about sensationalism first, factuality and relevance second.

Delboy

First Grade
That’s what you get for whaching Woman’s Day news. Ch7 and Ch9 are all about sensationalism first, factuality and relevance second.
The boss watche's it before MKR, no choice. I don't watch ABC for obvious reasons, and most days I avoid the news cycle as it describes everything as historical or some damaging adjective.

Back to watching people who cook ridiculous meals under pressure.

Eelogical

Referee
The boss watche's it before MKR, no choice. I don't watch ABC for obvious reasons, and most days I avoid the news cycle as it describes everything as historical or some damaging adjective.

I avoid the News at any cost. National Events, Weather & Sport, my arse. If that's not enough, having to deal with pre-packaged reality shows afterwards is beyond my ability to function.

Delboy

First Grade
anyway, we can all agree on the way the news is reported currently. Just tried to make the point that plenty of people would listen to th headline and not follow through with the details.

Just a symptom of 7 and the way they approach and report rugby league, it feeds the narrative of nutters like bandanahead and the AFL goofs

lingard

Coach
I just watched the 2009 GF replay on Fox. First time I've seen it for a long, long time. Geez we played some good footy then. The players wore their hearts on their sleeves, unlike our current mob.
It still makes me sad that we were ripped by a bunch of cheaters.
To see the joy in their faces, knowing what some of them knew, still burns me big time.
Inglis kicks the ultimately winning field goal, knowing there's a speed boat in his f**king garage. Cameron Smith knowing he signed multiple contracts. Slater no doubt was on the take as well.

I watched that game feeling proud of our lot knowing what they were up against. We were seriously ripped, and the NRL, well, they can just go and get f**ked.

Finally, watching and listening to that game, when we finally win a GF, Parra is going to go ape shit.

I still reckon Reddy being off injured lost us that game. We had those merkins beaten!

Dibs

Bench

I was going to make the joke your wife left the tv on 7 but you got in first. touché

84 Baby

Referee
I avoid the News at any cost. National Events, Weather & Sport, my arse. If that's not enough, having to deal with pre-packaged reality shows afterwards is beyond my ability to function.
I get all the news off the only reliable source. My homemade CB radio. No lefties, femos, SJWs or virtue signallers to be heard there. None of those bloody controlled stations let everyone know that the floods in Queensland were from spaceships landing in the ocean. And the footage was all doctored

84 Baby

Referee
FFS! We don't want them crying BA! We want them to have game faces!

Are you f**king serious, internet? No one has a gif of Flanders saying "put your game faces on"? Oh well

9iXL.gif

Snoochies

First Grade
The latest common headline "The world reacts" then the article has a few snapshots of some Twitter comments. Ground breaking stuff.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Touching at a bonding session that brings participants to tears? Sounds like the annual bones on bones camping trip.