What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes we'll in the past 16 years, the cows have made the gf twice right that's average 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lets test Chiefy's maths Vol. 2

1717876246028.png

GF Appearances

Melbourne 6
Penrith 4
Roosters 4
Brisbane 2
North Queensland 2
Souths 2
Canterbury 2
Parramatta 2
Manly 2
Cronulla 1
Canberra 1
St George 1
Warriors 1
Dolphins 0*
Tigers 0
Titans 0
Newcastle 0

Average GF Apearances = 1.875
North Queensland = 2
2>1.875

💩 > Chiefy

*removed from calculation due to insufficient years playing

King-Gutho94

Coach
@Twizzle you need to update poll candidates.

He is no chance unless the board decide to wait to September to make a decision which would be ludicrous in itself.

He would need to win Tomorrow and next week against the chooks to even be in the conversation. And we should be announcing our coach in the next 2-3 weeks so we can plan ahead with recruitment and other stuff.

He is no chance unless the board decide to wait to September to make a decision which would be ludicrous in itself.

He would need to win Tomorrow and next week against the chooks to even be in the conversation. And we should be announcing our coach in the next 2-3 weeks so we can plan ahead with recruitment and other stuff.
Agree, that’s the problem. Barrett doesn’t have the time to prove himself at Parra. And his record at coaching at the previous clubs was pathetic. His teams looked like a disorganised rabble. He’s an assistant coach through and through.

Avenger

Immortal
Agree, that’s the problem. Barrett doesn’t have the time to prove himself at Parra. And his record at coaching at the previous clubs was pathetic. His teams looked like a disorganised rabble. He’s an assistant coach through and through.
I’d still give him the assistant gig. If the new coach fails go for Flanagan in 3 years time. But I think he will.

King-Gutho94

Coach
And maybe six (and a half) years is a more representative sample than ten. But maybe not. The period since 2017 includes an extreme low point for them, which was only a couple of years long. It's probably just an outlier. In 2022 they made the preliminary final and they've won exactly half their games since then. Hardly the sign of a shit team.
The Cowboys have made the finals just twice in the 16 years when Thurston hasn't been part of the squad between 95-04 and 19-24.

2004 and 2022 the only years they made the finals when Thurston hasn't been involved as a player.

I would say they are perennial underachievers for a club that has massive resources and a climate that should provide a home ground advantage.

Without Thurston they average making the finals once every 8 years like the Wests Tigers

Gronk

Staff member
I’d still give him the assistant gig. If the new coach fails go for Flanagan in 3 years time. But I think he will.
As much as people love to give it to Baz, he’s never been unemployed in NRL. That means something and he must be recognised by his peers as having something to offer.

I also think that he could contribute as an assistant moving forward, however I suspect that most candidates would come to the Eels interview with their assistants already locked. In an interview like this, you need to sell yourself as the guy who has the know how and tools to Make Eels Great Again [MEGA].

1717884336954.jpeg

King-Gutho94

Coach
As much as people love to give it to Baz, he’s never been unemployed in NRL. That means something and he must be recognised by his peers as having something to offer.

I also think that he could contribute as an assistant moving forward, however I suspect that most candidates would come to the Eels interview with their assistants already locked. In an interview like this, you need to sell yourself as the guy who has the know how and tools to Make Eels Great Again [MEGA].

View attachment 89315
Can't you change the colour of the cap to blue and gold ffs instead of Red.

chiefy1

Bench
And so have we. So while both clubs are average over 16 years, the Cowboys are superior over the more recent frame of ten years. I think ten years is more relevant than sixteen, while still providing a large enough sample of seasons. Obviously one year is the most recent, however it is too few seasons to tell us much about a club's overall strength. For example, the Warriors were top four in the last 12 months. It's not exactly representative of the quality of that club. In the past ten years they've only made the finals twice. In the same period we've made the finals five times. Over the longer span of sixteen years we've only made the finals six times. I think it's clear we've changed a lot as a club since 2008, which is why the last decade is more representative of the Parramatta Eels' future prospects. You could even argue the period since 2019 (just over five years) is most representative of who we are, especially as we can point to an obvious structural turning point around that time.

Well, that bush coach that you so venomously supported had a less than average gf statistic of one gf over his 10 year tenure, but I'm sure pau pau will pull some bs inadequate finances stat out of his ass to support his cause. Haha 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Glenneel

Bench
I feel the Parramatta new coach selection is like Schrodinger's cat in a box. So many great possibilities and potential of having wonder dust sprinkled on this club once again if we get it right.

But when we finally get there and open the box, we find that there was never even a cat inside but a fat stinking big sloppy steaming turd the cat left behind that just stinks the place out and everyone throws up with disgust as the smell wafts through our nostrils and into our brains memories forever.
Ram you sound very depressed, please seek help.

I find that following Parra gives you resilience and generally insulates you against depression, except for the first few years, when you're euphoric for one game and in the foetus position next. Gradually you build up your resilience and walk around with a fixed smile on your face despite everyone laughing at you or commiserating you for your unwavering support for a poor pathetic team.

Glenneel

Bench
Yep, one of BA's mates, sounds like a dill most of the time (probably likes getting around with no shoes on too) but assured everyone he knows what it takes to win premierships cause he was in the Storm and Rooster systems... Again, Kearney was in the Storm system too and coached about as well as a pot plant....
That's disingenuous to a pot plant.

Latest posts