What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

Gronk

Staff member
He’ll do anything to keep his job, otherwise it’s back to pushing trolleys.

Any capable coach would be wanting this bum gone ASAP.
I don't disagree about MON.

But Hannay or Ryles are not capable of this ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah the Warratah's aren't an Australian based side that has weekly competitions, or.

f**k ME SIDEWAYS.
Tic Toc mutherf**kers
Yep how many coaches have taken the Wallabies to the WC final in the past 20 years and won the Waratahs a championship.

There is only 1 person that has managed to do either & that is Cheika.

Amazing when you consider the carcass that is Australian Rugby.

Cheika knows what success looks like when leading and managing a successful sporting side.

Unfortunately our board did what most thought they would and went the safety first option.

King-Gutho94

Coach
So had Kearney.
Kearney also had the experience of Bennett in the RLWC in 2008.

Helped him no end.

No one knows how they will go until they are in the hot seat.

I agree with Tallis on 360 a few weeks back if your not head coaching somewhere is it really coaching.

I would have trusted Ryles a bit more if he spent 2 years at a SL club as HC during his apprenticeship.

At least Hannay has some experience in the hot seat at NRL level. I listened to a podcast with him last night certainly worth a listen Suity when you get a chance. At least I got a better understanding of his coaching philosophies. I still have to listen to part 2 over the weekend.

Gronk

Staff member
No one has said this.
What most people here are thinking and saying is that the one candidate that is probably the most qualified to turn our club around and has the most experience in doing so, was dismissed without a 2nd interview. That is what sucks.
No you missed tbe post. ^^^ it was claimed that Ryles or Hannay would not have the balls to speak up about recruitment and / or MON and THATS why MON steered the board away from Cheika.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lol. If BA could handle the day to day rigours of NRL coaching for 11 years, Cheika would be able to do it juggling kitchen knives while riding a unicycle...

Worst excuse ever. They're covering their backsides (very poorly) for some reason...

Deadset, this club.....

Yeah but BA only lived 7mins from training

King-Gutho94

Coach
We just aren't going to know until we're living it.

I just hope the club understands that if they wanna win it all, finding a new coach is just step one...
It's why MON should never have been part of this process.

Unfortunately we have been a failed club for most of our existence so we don't have many generations of smart football minded people to turn too to know what success looks like that have the clubs interests at heart.

We can't go back to the 80s the only one there with enough knowledge and no current agenda you would have a bit of confidence in bringing into the panel externally to appoint a coach would be Sterlo possibly.

The rest you wouldn't bother with.

There is stuff all from the 90s or 2000s you can trust that knows what success looks like.

It's a shame we didn't have a player like a Bradley Clyde a champion of the game but also a very smart businessman that could be a conduit between the football department and the board.

Pazza

First Grade
It's why MON should never have been part of this process.

Unfortunately we have been a failed club for most of our existence so we don't have many generations of smart football minded people to turn too to know what success looks like that have the clubs interests at heart.

We can't go back to the 80s the only one there with enough knowledge and no current agenda you would have a bit of confidence in bringing into the panel externally to appoint a coach would be Sterlo possibly.

The rest you wouldn't bother with.

There is stuff all from the 90s or 2000s you can trust that knows what success looks like.

It's a shame we didn't have a player like a Bradley Clyde a champion of the game but also a very smart businessman that could be a conduit between the football department and the board.

completely agree, HOF is the next spot that should be looked at.

There arnt many smart people associated with the club, Sterlo is definitely an outlier. i would have him in some sort of consultative role with the club at a minimum.

We need better human capital in the front office, this move for a new head coach is just the first step. Hopefully the new coach can be a driver for change within the orginisation.

Latest posts