What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe "us dopes" whinge about things just to see how far you'll defend them...?

While we're on coaches, I'm sure you have some lies... er, some analysis to defend Paul Langmack's coaching record too?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, this is what the cruel and inhumane disposal of BA has brought you:

View attachment 90053
Nobody in management stopped to think …even for a moment…that Bea wasn’t the problem.
I don't think the cause (or solution) for our problems is occurring week to week. Many players are underperforming either because their preseason was poor (directly Arthur's fault) or because they have hit the wall. If the latter, there was too much risk accepted at contract renewal time, which could be at least indirectly attributed to Brad Arthur. We don't know, but we can't rule it out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe "us dopes" whinge about things just to see how far you'll defend them...?

While we're on coaches, I'm sure you have some lies... er, some analysis to defend Paul Langmack's coaching record too?
You're comparing a 137 win record with a bloke who won five games? This is why we don't see eye to eye. Beside the fact you stalked my family on social media.

I don't think the cause (or solution) for our problems is occurring week to week. Many players are underperforming either because their preseason was poor (directly Arthur's fault) or because they have hit the wall.
Or because we once played a game in the Townsville heat in 2022.

Or because the moon is passing through Sagittarius...
We don't know, but we can't rule it out.
So people can speculate, without you always trying to correct (or "educate") them? Good, I'm glad you've finally agreed to respect others' opinions too.

I don't think the cause (or solution) for our problems is occurring week to week. Many players are underperforming either because their preseason was poor (directly Arthur's fault) or because they have hit the wall. If the latter, there was too much risk accepted at contract renewal time, which could be at least indirectly attributed to Brad Arthur. We don't know, but we can't rule it out.
Well I look at things over the longer term and for a number of years you seemed to have a nice window. And a big part of that was BA. Clubs like mine have gone backwards during the same period, so from my perspective he’s was a pretty good coach.

You have raised your options, but I’m not across that, so it would be unwise to comment. Not that I’m wise.

Bennet rejects an offer and then recommends Deano.

The assumption Clint is asking us to make is that his word has value. A belief in him should bring about a belief in Deano.

Whatever my critique of your decision makers are, it is not that they are easily led.

Usually the candidates will need to demonstrate an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the side and how they would go about fixing things.

I remember the Manly club said they liked the fact that Seibs eventually admitted he didn’t handle the Brisbane role as well as he could have.

I’m thinking Ryles will trip and over the line.

I think we’d all love to be a fly on the wall listening to what the candidates are saying about the squad and their ideas to improve them.

it’s easier to move up from last place, as second last is a success and “proof of life” ( improvement).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or because we once played a game in the Townsville heat in 2022.

Or because the moon is passing through Sagittarius...

So people can speculate, without you always trying to correct (or "educate") them? Good, I'm glad you've finally agreed to respect others' opinions too.
I respect the opinions that fit the facts and logic, and not the ones that don't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
While you get splinters yourself, by never sharing a true opinion on here re the new Eels coach, just your meaningless rebuttals 😂?
I've shared opinions on every coach. I just don't have strong opinions about any of them. We don't see what challenges they are dealing with compared to the likes of Bellamy, Robinson and post-2019 Ivan Cleary.
Be back soon - there's this picture in my mind's eye that I just can't... shake.
Don't pretend you ever left your keyboard to masturbate ffs