What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

Gazzamatta

Coach
Right now only penrith and melbourne seem to be clear contenders .....

we had a shit night ... i would probably even say we had a normal "Darwin night" and the cowboys had a good one. We obviously totally rolled over at the end to let it be a blowout.

Im not trying to say we werent f**ked .... but its May and we are 4th. So obviously all other teams except 2 are all over the place too.
May The 4th Be With You! 😁

I am not sure who is available, but here are some options I think would work:

John Morris - I thought he did well at Cronulla with an average roster; the Sharks performed quite well when he was in charge imo

Ryan Carr - unlikely, as he just signed to coach in the UK, but he knows our systems, and his teams play attractive footy

Paul McGregor - he's a consultant with us already, and I always thought he did a reasonably good job at St George
McGregor - please god No! I’d rather stick with Boring Brad.

If we bring in a rookie, are we subconsciously accepting that bar a miracle, we are resigning ourselves to not challenging for 2-3 years while new guy puts his roster/style in place?

It's not a popular choice but I think we need a hard nosed merkin and the one available is Flanagan. He'd never agree to it because I reckon he still harbours aspirations of being a head coach for a long time to come, but the way I'd approach it would be similar to what Ram was talking about with Sheen's. Bring in Flanagan for 2 years, with someone like Ciraldo or Carr as assistant's and then taking over in year 3....
Yeah I’d go for Flanagan he’s won a comp. On the proviso he can’t sign his son to the club. We
Know where that leads to.

Gronk

Staff member
I didn't say they are morons, or fools.

I said they're stale, out of ideas, and cannot lead us any higher than where they have gotten us before.
He is a good guy Joey spoken to him a couple of times at commbank before a game. Not sure if he would want to be a head coach though.
Yeah I said he’s not a candidate. He’s the high performance guy and overseers accelerated development. Unsure about him being out of ideas, but you might know more than me.

Latest posts