What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

T-Boon

Coach
Too much of a space cadet. Good when it comes to the Origin format but would struggle with the week to week effort required to be a first grade coach…Just like he did at the Roosters.
That’s the concern. I just can’t think of anyone else outside of Bellamy who is worth considering.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That’s the concern. I just can’t think of anyone else outside of Bellamy who is worth considering.
That’s my problem as well. You might get a little sugar hit with a new coach but if we are going to replace BA you want someone that can help deliver long term success.

We are a high profile club that has performed well for the last 3-4 years. We should aim for a genuine improvement on BA.

Don’t imagine there have been many teams that have won a GF after losing a game by 31 points but I’m sure there are a few…

How many teams lose by a margin of 31 ever? I guess there'd be a few back in the 3 point try days.

Broncos lost by 32 back in 2006 and won the premiership.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah I said he’s not a candidate. He’s the high performance guy and overseers accelerated development. Unsure about him being out of ideas, but you might know more than me.

Imo, they're either out of ideas, or unable to get the best out of the roster on a consistent basis.

Either way, I don't feel Arthur, or his assistants, are the way forward.

Let them finish their deals, and we can look elsewhere.

Wally21

Bench
Im not saying its good .... but seems the majority of parra fans flip n flop with the wind.

We arent as shit as last night ... and we arent premiership contenders. But parra fans seem to swing between the two mindsets.
And after 8 years at the helm, if we aren’t premiership contenders, it is time to move Arthur and his assistants on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That’s my problem as well. You might get a little sugar hit with a new coach but if we are going to replace BA you want someone that can help deliver long term success.

We are a high profile club that has performed well for the last 3-4 years. We should aim for a genuine improvement on BA.

Very salient point.

But I suppose the question to ask would be - come the end of Brad's contract -, is it better to re-sign him, and get more of the same? Or to take the leap, and get some fresh ideas in place?

I like Brad, but I don't think he has anything else to offer us.

Latest posts