What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chiefy1

Bench
Probably. But I make most of my money on odds of about $3. I win more often than those odds indicate I should. Maybe it's the professionals tanking the price of the favourites that artificially boosts the prices of the other bets.

Pau pau, why don't you be a good sport and share your bets, so other good eels supporters don't have to work aswell..
Sharing is caring pau pau.

hindy111

Post Whore
The 2022 grand finalists with half a dozen players missing isn’t the same team.

The reason why is poor development of juniors. Penrith made 4 straight won 3 and have lost far better players then Kafusi,Marata, Papali'i and Mahoney. None are origin level. We also landed Hopgood who is a better forward then any of those 3 and Joe O is on par you'd say. So that takes Marata and Papali'i out. So we lost Kafusi and Reed.
Compare that to Api,Burton,Capewell,Katoa, Crighton,Hopgood,Hosking's,Kikau,Spencer,Salmon,Jenkins, Hethrington....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The reason why is poor development of juniors. Penrith made 4 straight won 3 and have lost far better players then Kafusi,Marata, Papali'i and Mahoney. None are origin level. We also landed Hopgood who is a better forward then any of those 3 and Joe O is on par you'd say. So that takes Marata and Papali'i out. So we lost Kafusi and Reed.
Compare that to Api,Burton,Capewell,Katoa, Crighton,Hopgood,Hosking's,Kikau,Spencer,Salmon,Jenkins, Hethrington....
So if a club isn’t as good as Penrith they are shit? There’s a bunch of clubs with more revenue than Penrith that aren’t developing juniors at the same level. The Panthers’ recent success started with Gould and his cashed up mate Packer over a decade ago. We don’t have access to that type of resourcing and I doubt anyone has the patience to wait that long.

Pazza

First Grade
So if a club isn’t as good as Penrith they are shit? There’s a bunch of clubs with more revenue than Penrith that aren’t developing juniors at the same level. The Panthers’ recent success started with Gould and his cashed up mate Packer over a decade ago. We don’t have access to that type of resourcing and I doubt anyone has the patience to wait that long.

We were doing it 25 years ago with Noel cleal

hindy111

Post Whore

I'm just pointing out how we have sunk whilst they've remained very strong.and the reason why is juniors. We've bought next to nothing through and recruited poorly in the last 4yrs

King-Gutho94

Coach

Parramatta Eels begin interviewing for head coaching role​

Parramatta powers-that-be have begun organising interviews for the vacant head coaching role, with two high-profile assistants leading the pack. See the full list of candidates

Parramatta have included former Wallabies coach Michael Cheika on a shortlist alongside Jason Ryles and Josh Hannay as they begin setting up interviews with potential candidates to take over as head coach of the Eels.

Cheika, Ryles and Hannay were shortlisted along with interim coach Trent Barrett and NSW coach Michael Maguire, who is in the midst of preparing for the Blues for the opening State of Origin game.

The Eels are expected to begin interviews with the candidates as early as this week, having failed in their earlier attempt to convince seven-time premiership winner Wayne Bennett to turn his back on South Sydney and take over from Brad Arthur.

Arthur was sacked a fortnight ago after more than a decade at the helm of Parramatta, the club reaching the decision to make a coaching change on May 1 but keeping it under wraps for three weeks.

They used that time to mount a chase of Bennett but after coming up short, have opted to pursue a more formal process. The Eels shortlisted the candidates at a board meeting last week and contacted the contenders on Monday morning to arrange interviews.

The hope is that Parramatta will be in position to announce a new coach in a matter of weeks. Cheika is the most intriguing option, having made no secret of his desire to try his hand in the NRL.

It is understood a number of parties have contacted the Eels on behalf of Cheika and the club is keen to speak to him as they finalise a replacement for Arthur.

Ryles and Hannay, assistant coaches at Melbourne and Cronulla respectively, are considered the frontrunners for the role while Barrett did his cause no harm as Parramatta bounced back to their best with a win over Cronulla last Thursday.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm just pointing out how we have sunk whilst they've remained very strong.and the reason why is juniors.
Our juniors are good. They’re just not as good as Penrith’s.
We've bought next to nothing through and recruited poorly in the last 4yrs
So we recruited well in 2018 and poorly in 2022. Either we were a better club in ‘18 or it’s easier to turn over shit squads than strong ones.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our juniors are good. They’re just not as good as Penrith’s.

So we recruited well in 2018 and poorly in 2022. Either we were a better club in ‘18 or it’s easier to turn over shit squads than strong ones.

I like watching juniors. Tago and Pensini come thru together. Last year Tago was better but this year he is kind of junk and Penisni is a wrecking ball.

Pazza

First Grade
Would you say the best staff are in demand? Pay attention now

of course the best staff are in demand, that would drive up their value. we dont need to argue simple stuff like market forces, supply demand etc

the difference between you and me is you think we are poorly resourced and cant afford to pay the best human assets, i think resources aren't a problem, i think we have a poor organisational culture that doesn't breed success.