What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters
lol Benji territory involves the club persisting with him as a head coach for a number of years, then Benji deciding to go and coach the Auckland Blues, then coming back to coach in the NRL via St George and a season at the Broncos.

He then has weird emotional homecoming at the Tigers where they forget he was a pretty consistent failure, so give him the reigns again with Robbie Farah as an assistant (who returns after an unsuccessful stint as a coach at Souths where everybody hates him), but they fairly quickly realise that it doesn’t make sense and Benji ends up at Souths as an assistant coach after getting the arse. He’s involved with an unsuccessful grand final campaign, which is the equal the best result he’d had since 2005.

The Tigers then decide that Benji’s the man for the job, but not just yet. They exhume Tim Sheens from his eternal resting place after he conducts a coaching and development review from his crypt around 2040, to take over with a view to mentoring Benji as a coach. Timmy is pretty frozen, so they give the reigns to Benji early to let Timmy take the heat when the Tigers win the spoon again. Nobody buys that Benji isn’t in charge.

Formally, Benji starts his second stint as Tigers head coach in 2042. Nevertheless, the fans are excited.
I knew if I was patient this thread would finally deliver!

f**king outstanding… thank you!

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s a bit like a criminal charge. “But your Honour, what about all those days I *didn’t* drink drive? That one night is much too small a sample size.”
Well Brad Arthur's won as many grand finals as Wayne Bennett in recent years and merkins were desperate for him to come to the club.

"But your Honour, what about when Bennett *didn't* drink drive in 2010!" ffs your analogies are as shit as you are.

Pazza

First Grade
Changed my vote from ryles to hannay. Might be a bit unfair but I just loved that podcast Josh did. Seems like an intelligent young man driven to succeed.

DaveMc

Juniors
Well Brad Arthur's won as many grand finals as Wayne Bennett in recent years and merkins were desperate for him to come to the club.

"But your Honour, what about when Bennett *didn't* drink drive in 2010!" ffs your analogies are as shit as you are.
lol you’re actually the dumbest merkin

Dean Young anyone? Show's how much the media know jack shit, and the eels aren't leaking stuff.

Thanks for posting.

Clint said he didn’t want to influence eels selection panel and then went on to try to do exactly that.

One of his reasons was that Dean played injured ffs.

SGI had a taste of Deano post-Mary and that was more than enough.

A coaching success rate of 29%.

You could hunt Payten at 50% wins if he’s on the nose at NQ. Try an Ivan Cleary coup.

Last edited:

Latest posts