What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

forward pass

Coach
We are kidding if we allow this guy anywhere near our club - in whatever capacity.

He is truly showing to be an incompetent administrator. Not to mention all the other stuff.

Gronk

Staff member
All this yet there are still people here who say things like "oh well, looks like they got their man in the witch hunt".

FFS the guy's f**k ups are so frequent it's almost comical if it wasn't so serious.

Titanic

First Grade
Geez, why do clubs insist on picking up this kind of administrator? Whether he was well-intentioned or not he's clearly not the transparent, consummate professional that is required. For the salaries they should be able to command corporate head-hunters must be able to find suitable candidates.

Furthermore, this is really a two person position as the CEO needs a quality Football Manager to work with - perhaps clubs should consider employing/developing management teams rather than in isolation of each other?

Last edited:
POLICE are about to arrest Clint Elford, Cronulla's would-be benefactor, on suspicion of obtaining money through deception. The 27-year-old is set to be taken into custody in Sydney, where he was understood to be meeting with Channel Seven.

Detectives hold grave fears that Elford obtained the $30,000 he passed onto Cronulla through forged documents used to claim health insurance.

Armed with a search warrant, Goulburn detectives visited Elford’s home this afternoon. But the 27-year-old – who claims to be suffering from terminal neurological disease Shy Dragers Syndrome – had fled to Sydney.

There are now deep suspicions he is not terminally ill, but instead forged doctors signatures to obtain health insurance earlier this year. Elford used that money to donate $ Related Links

30,000 to Cronulla, via the Beyond Sharks Foundation. He dealt directly with former CEO Tony Zappia, who did not inform his board of the foundation or $30,000 donations.

Elford also made Zappia the sole executor of his estate, claiming it was worth $13.8 million in life insurance benefits.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25644920-5006066,00.html

Gronk

Staff member
Look for Jenny Hall to be carrying Zappia's baby.

days.jpg

Bigfella

Coach
It did sound a little odd that a bloke who apparently had no family had a need for 8 life insurance policies...

If they are looking to relocate the Sharks they should move them to Summer Bay.

Summer Bay Sharks has a nice ring to it.

"Hold me in your arms...don't let me go...I want to stay forever...closer each day"

Suitman

Post Whore
If they are looking to relocate the Sharks they should move them to Summer Bay.

Summer Bay Sharks has a nice ring to it.

"Hold me in your arms...don't let me go...I want to stay forever...closer each day"

The most disturbing thing in all this, in fact, the thing that has shocked me the most in the whole Sharks debacle, is that Belly know's the words to Home and Away. :lol::lol:

Suity

Last edited: