What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No.

Yes, we are better off, but we are coming from a long way back.

I guess thats in the eye of the beholder.

Any attempt to get rid of Fitzy was gonna be a bit of a sh*t fight because he was so firmly entrenched, and one the the biggest controversies was the votes for vouchers issue, which had nothing to do with our board.

I dont see why that coup should influence any decisions we make over our next CEO.

If Zap is the best man for the job, then I dont see what he has done wrong to be excluded from being our CEO.

If he is not the best credentialled man, then let the best man get the job.

Gronk

Staff member
Not to mention her illegally taped conversation, yet we only heard a few words which were "you wanna spank me"

Why was everything else edited out ?

Could it be, as Zap said, it was taken out of context ?

Or more to the point, would be dull viewing or reading ?

They said on the Footy Show last night that the Sharks board sat down with Zapps and listened to the entire recording. Apparently Zapps walked out halfway through and then tendered his resignation.

joie

Juniors
The club would be absolutely mad to take Tony Zappia as CEO. He didn't do such a great job with Cronulla and I believe that he would'nt do much for Parra. We should'nt have to be lobbed with Zappia just because he happens to be good friends of Spagnolo surely there are other choices out there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
According to this article, he resigned due to the damage done by the media, although he had been cleared of any wrong doing by an independent investigation.

"Both Mr Zappia and the Sharks acknowledge the harm done to both parties by the media reporting of the Ms Hall incident, in particular the reporting of the taped conversation by Channel Seven.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25621167-11088,00.html

The Colonel

Immortal

Gronk

Staff member
According to this article, he resigned due to the damage done by the media, although he had been cleared of any wrong doing by an independent investigation.

He should be a man and own it, rather than telling porkies. If any of this was fabricated both he and the club would have defamation writs served on the chick with the black eye, News, Fairfax, Ch7 & Ch9 and anyone else who dipped their toe in the water.

mickdo

Coach
staff that break the law by illegally taping phone conversation and breaching a written agreement ?

I don't believe it is illegal to secretly tape a face to face conversation as long as you are one of the people in the conversation. This wasn't a phone conversation. Court eligibility for such a recording is a different matter.

Gronk

Staff member
staff that break the law by illegally taping phone conversation and breaching a written agreement ?

If Zapps wants to lodge a complaint with the police about his breach of privacy, he can. I'm sure that she'd cop a small fine anyway. Storm in a teacup.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He should be a man and own it, rather than telling porkies. If any of this was fabricated both he and the club would have defamation writs served on the chick with the black eye, News, Fairfax, Ch7 & Ch9 and anyone else who dipped their toe in the water.

Personally I dont think any of it was fabricated, but thats just my opinion.

It was taped illegally.

Why ?

He was cleared of any wrong doing or illegal activity, so what else could be her motives, other than to sell it to the willing media.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe it is illegal to secretly tape a face to face conversation as long as you are one of the people in the conversation. This wasn't a phone conversation. Court eligibility for such a recording is a different matter.

It was a phone conversation

In a later phone conversation with Mr Zappia, which Ms Hall taped, he allegedly told her the worst of her injuries came from bouncing off the wall then allegedly went on to ask if she should "spank" him for poor behaviour.

spiderdan

Bench
that's what i thought too. it's not like this is being admitted as evidence in a trial.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I find it funny how people believe that Hilly is instantly right for the job based on 2 signings..

As for Zap? well......Roy has opened the door, to apply for the job.

interesting to see what happens from here.

Spot on Stags

People read the articles regarding the signing of Poore and Shacks and Andrew Hill who is acting as General Manager has to make the comments/statements.

Those two signings were purely Roy's work. He fled to Melbourne to continue the talks he had started with Poore and got him

OK, well Spagnolo then. Whatever - anyoe but Zappia. Innocent or guilty he'd bring a lot of mud with him and if we're serious about heading in a new direction we just don't need that.

Gronk

Staff member
Personally I dont think any of it was fabricated, but thats just my opinion.

It was taped illegally.

Why ?

He was cleared of any wrong doing or illegal activity, so what else could be her motives, other than to sell it to the willing media.

Cleared ? How, what, when ? :?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

fish eel

Immortal
Same here fishy

I found that article this morning, maybe she taped more than one conversation

who knows ?

the more I get into this the more I feel she had an agenda against Zaps and she wanted a bit more than the agreed $20K

all reports I've read until that link you posted had it as a conversation in his office.

Perhaps the tele just got it wrong? After all, it does say the tape was released to channel 7. The 7 tape was the office tape.

I've only ever heard that he offered to be spanked once, in the recording made in his office.

I would have thought if he said it twice, in two different conversations, we'd have heard about it?

Latest posts