What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
Hindy is entitled to his opinion. That's the problem when you go into the media, you HAVE to talk about the game and you have to be critical.

The fact is that he probably would have had the exact same opinion if he was still playing and this happened.

Avenger

Immortal
Hindy is entitled to his opinion. That's the problem when you go into the media, you HAVE to talk about the game and you have to be critical.

The fact is that he probably would have had the exact same opinion if he was still playing and this happened.

What ? If he was playing he would want the NRL to end our season? Are you seirious?

Gronk

Staff member
+1

Either he is dumb and has bought into the News Ltd led tsunami of trial by media or he is spineless. I get that News Ltd probably provide him with a very nice post career pay packet, but he could have said something that both sides with his club and errs on the side of caution regarding the media hyperbole.

Avenger

Immortal
+1

Either he is dumb and has bought into the News Ltd led tsunami of trial by media or he is spineless. I get that News Ltd probably provide him with a very nice post career pay packet, but he could have said something that both sides with his club and errs on the side of caution regarding the media hyperbole.

When I read Hindy's bio I changed my opinion on him. He had a defeatist attitude. Mentally he lost the GF a week before he played the Storm. That's why he left the game a loser and that's why everyone openly shit stirs him about it.

Gronk

Staff member
When I read Hindy's bio I changed my opinion on him. He had a defeatist attitude. Mentally he lost the GF a week before he played the Storm. That's why he left the game a loser and that's why everyone openly shit stirs him about it.

Agree. He is the Charlie Brown of the NRL. Heart of gold, but gives in easy and lets people walk all over him. Suffers in silence.

good-grief-charlie-brown.jpg

Sphagnum

Coach
Hindy didn't say anything wrong imo. He was just saying that if the NRL believe we should lose points this season for what we've done. They will end up looking really stupid if we still make the semi finals. Which is absolutely true. Fans from other clubs would be rightly aggrieved if they missed out or got knocked out at our expense after the NRL decided we were not on a level playing field this year (which is the only reason they should deduct points from this campaign)

Avenger

Immortal
Hindy didn't say anything wrong imo. He was just saying that if the NRL believe we should lose points this season for what we've done. They will end up looking really stupid if we still make the semi finals. Which is absolutely true. Fans from other clubs would be rightly aggrieved if they missed out or got knocked out at our expense after the NRL decided we were not on a level playing field this year (which is the only reason they should deduct points from this campaign)

That's right for THIS YEAR, if we have breached FOR THIS YEAR. Not when we got the spoon when Hindy was captain. Loser!!! (Hindy not you Spags)

Again do this people in the media commenting know what we have actually done and are guilty of?
If you come out making statements without all the facts you look like a fool.
Well no now a days look like like the prime minister or news reporter.....

On Hindy, he would have to toe the company line which is News' team cheated more then any team ever has or ever will and got punished massively, so if you cheat you have to get punished like his team does and if you don't News will make the public all think the NRL is soft and favors Sydney teams.
Because the media now makes rumors and turns them into fact.

Go ask anybody on the street, yes I am exaggerating a touch, but joe public already believes we are guilty, on a Melbourne storm level.

Why? Because they read it in the paper. My own Father in Law said the following words after I dismissed the article he quoted as bulls**t:

"They couldn't print it if it wasn't true".

That's how the general public thinks folks, and the media knows it.

As for Hindmarsh not sticking up for us, he knows where his bread is buttered I guess. He's made his choice, and it obviously wasn't to stick up for his club that gave him his career. Fine.
This is how the media now works they know a lot of people think the news they report is true 100% so they have now turned rumors in to fact.
a Current affair works the same way.

phantom eel

First Grade
Exactly. Basically he is saying that if there is a penalty it should be 4 points max. That way this saga can finally end.
Exactly.

Anyone that maes it through to the end of the article sees that he spells out the exact process for the NRL imposing a sanction on us, our appeals rights, and the conditions in which these apply.

If the NRL penalise us 4 points or less we can not appeal, and that brings this drama to an end. (And as I've said all along, a 4 point penalty is nothing for this year's squad under Brad Arthur to overcome, make the finals, and win this premiership!)

strider

Post Whore
re: what hindy said ... I think people are a bit stunned and disappointed by the way he put it across ... and i am too ... BUT he did actually say he hopes they do NOT take all parras points ... his point was that if we are guilty and they do takes points then they have to stop us playing finals ... his exact words were along the lines - "if they do, and i hope they dont, blah blah blah"

I agree he should try and be more supportive by not saying much at all ... i see him as someone who can be strong as all hell, but is a follower and will follow along with others for acceptance ... thats his current role on fox

Johnny88

Juniors
On Hindy, he would have to toe the company line which is News' team cheated more then any team ever has or ever will and got punished massively, so if you cheat you have to get punished like his team does and if you don't News will make the public all think the NRL is soft and favors Sydney teams.
Because the media now makes rumors and turns them into fact.

I disagree no one forced hindy to say what he did, its very clear to me why when he played we were so inconsistent he has a loser mentality and ruined the vibe in the dressing sheds. , He is just a negative person who wanted Hayne to carry him to premiership glory riding his coattails.

phantom eel

First Grade
Hindy works for Foxtel i.e. News Ltd. He's now paid to tow the sensationalist Storm-retribution media line... the power of the mighty dollar.

(And more reason never to believe media commentators, because there's always an agenda.)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Never saw the interview but reading the comments here makes me think that Hindy may know a little more about this than many of us are making out or maybe I'm just being a little too suspicious... Who knows?

Regardless it is very disappointing, for once it would be nice if had someone in the media that's got our backs just once..

Gronk

Staff member
Never saw the interview but reading the comments here makes me think that Hindy may know a little more about this than many of us are making out or maybe I'm just being a little too suspicious... Who knows?

Regardless it is very disappointing, for once it would be nice if had someone in the media that's got our backs just once..

Believe it or not the only merkin in the media who has actually not bought into the hyperbole and showed some support in this hate campaign is Danny Weedler.

Status
Not open for further replies.