What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You know the worst part of all this?

It doesn't matter what we have done now. In the eyes of the public, The Eels have been cheating the cap since 1947 to the tune of 4 Billion dollars a year (might as well be) and the general public already have their minds made up. Makes not one shred of difference if Greenberg comes back on Monday saying the "New" breaches were minor and technical, not even really breaches at all, and hands us no penalty at all, they will still believe that we cheated, forever.

That is the damage that the media has done to our team. It is irreparable damage that will follow us for generations, especially if the hard work BA and the boys have been doing pays off and we hit a purple patch, it'll always be a case of "Of course they're playing well, they've been cheating forever".

Thanks for that, Australian sports media, you've tarnished our club for the foreseeable future.

When did this happen?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
First we have no idea if we are guilty yet.

But if the matter was finalised before the start of the year and we were guilty of something that requires points to be deducted, I reckon the media would think 4 points was reasonable or that is what they would be suggesting (obviously depending on what crime was). But I think now with our good form, the media are thinking it should be more points, is that fair? Good form means more points.

I reckon if we were on 4 or 6 points, no one would be suggesting 8 points.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Very disappointing effort from a club legend, actually sad to see that he said that the side should not be allowed to qualify for the finals

Big opportunity to show a level of support,no matter how small, such a pc answer, seemed a shallow response

Yep a disgrace, And a gutless leader, he was useless as a captain and now not even defending his club. He should be shouting from the roof top defending his club, saying what evidence the others had seen to say parra are guilty, but nope, just takes it as it is and lies down.

Maybe Hindmarsh was the problem and not the younger brigade ie Hayne which was spoken about a few years ago....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
First we have no idea if we a guilty yet.

But if the matter was finalised before the start of the year and we were guilty of something that requires points to be deducted, I reckon the media would think 4 points was reasonable or that is what they would suggesting (obviously depending on what crime was). But I think now with our good form, the media are thinking it should be more points, is that fair? Good form means more points.

I reckon if we were in 4 or 6 points, no one would be suggesting 8 points.

But Hindmarsh who wouldn't have a clue has deemed us guilty. What a shit stain.

Hayne atleast has balls unlike that other fairy captain we once had.

Just penalise us commensurate with the crime committed. This thing about knocking us out of finals contention is ridiculous. If they're determined to do that then I hope they dick us a bazillion points.

+10000 the penalty should be based on the breach end of story it shouldn't matter if we are in the top 4 or bottom 4 if we lose points and still win the premiership fair enough

frankly it scares the crap out of me that us making the finals might come into consideration in their punishment

at what point do you stop being a sporting body handing down a penalty for a rule infraction and become a mean kid ripping the wings off flies just because you can?

ash411

Bench
When did this happen?

Go ask anybody on the street, yes I am exaggerating a touch, but joe public already believes we are guilty, on a Melbourne storm level.

Why? Because they read it in the paper. My own Father in Law said the following words after I dismissed the article he quoted as bulls**t:

"They couldn't print it if it wasn't true".

That's how the general public thinks folks, and the media knows it.

As for Hindmarsh not sticking up for us, he knows where his bread is buttered I guess. He's made his choice, and it obviously wasn't to stick up for his club that gave him his career. Fine.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Yep a disgrace, And a gutless leader, he was useless as a captain and now not even defending his club. He should be shouting from the roof top defending his club, saying what evidence the others had seen to say parra are guilty, but nope, just takes it as it is and lies down.

Maybe Hindmarsh was the problem and not the younger brigade ie Hayne which was spoken about a few years ago....

Well said.

+10000 the penalty should be based on the breach end of story it shouldn't matter if we are in the top 4 or bottom 4 if we lose points and still win the premiership fair enough

frankly it scares the crap out of me that us making the finals might come into consideration in their punishment

at what point do you stop being a sporting body handing down a penalty for a rule infraction and become a mean kid ripping the wings off flies just because you can?

Can't blame the NRL yet as they've not ruled or said anything....but if this talk turns out to be right I'll be more than a little bit suspicious.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Go ask anybody on the street, yes I am exaggerating a touch, but joe public already believes we are guilty, on a Melbourne storm level.

Why? Because they read it in the paper. My own Father in Law said the following words after I dismissed the article he quoted as bulls**t:

"They couldn't print it if it wasn't true".

That's how the general public thinks folks, and the media knows it.

As for Hindmarsh not sticking up for us, he knows where his bread is buttered I guess. He's made his choice, and it obviously wasn't to stick up for his club that gave him his career. Fine.

I nearly had a heart attack!

I wasn't sure if your post was a hyperbole, or if news broke we'd been cheating for years.

Oscarman

Juniors
Darren Kane is a f**kwit with no idea. He had something to do with Cronulla in the ASADA thing and thought the Essendon players had no case to answer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Disappointed in Hindy tonight, I know it probably won't mean much in the scheme of things but he could of supported the club that made him.

I suppose his job as Fletch and Matty's punching bag means more to him.

Chipmunk

Coach
One interesting thing in that Darren Kane article says that if the penalty is 4 points or less then you cannot take it to this Appeals Tribunal. That's pretty interesting, becauss I'd imagine if the penalty is anything more than 4 points that we will probably appeal anyway.

Gronk

Staff member
Darren Kane is a f**kwit with no idea. He had something to do with Cronulla in the ASADA thing and thought the Essendon players had no case to answer.

I think you need to re-read that article. It was all tongue in cheek and he basically said that (from a lawyers point of view) it's a shit storm that probably won't end with Greenberg's verdict.

he basically said that (from a lawyers point of view) it's a shit storm that probably won't end with Greenberg's verdict.

of course he wouldn't have a vested interest in seeing the matter go to court :sarcasm:
he's probably right though if the nrl come down like a ton of bricks we'll appeal and if we get off with a slap on the wrist (unlikely) they will

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon if the NRL wants to strip any points off us, they should do so at the end of the season.
I would rather we play the season, play in the semi's, win the f**ken grand final and then have it taken off us after the presentation.

That way the commentators will forever talk about our 2016 Premiership* and how our players are premiership winners* just like they do for the '07 and '09 Premiers*.

Avenger

Immortal

I think you need to re-read that article. It was all tongue in cheek and he basically said that (from a lawyers point of view) it's a shit storm that probably won't end with Greenberg's verdict.

Exactly. Basically he is saying that if there is a penalty it should be 4 points max. That way this saga can finally end.

Noise

Coach
of course he wouldn't have a vested interest in seeing the matter go to court :sarcasm:
he's probably right though if the nrl come down like a ton of bricks we'll appeal and if we get off with a slap on the wrist (unlikely) they will

Huh? So if the NRL comes down lightly on us they will appeal? Why would they appeal their own decision?

Avenger

Immortal
A guy from Phil's site posted this. I couldn't agree more. Hope he joins us here:

This appears to be a direct quote from Hindmarsh “(The NRL has) got to make sure they don’t make the semi finals,” Hindmarsh said on Fox Sports". Did Hindmarsh lose his coaching gig at Parra this year or is he still involved? If still involved I would sack him at 9:00 am this morning. If he lost his coaching gig he joins the long list of those who have spite and revenge as their motivation over all this. You may have had a lounge or grandstand named after you one day Nathan but not now. If you were a strong captain you would have won 2 premierships. Puts me one step closer to cancelling my Foxsports subscription and all league involvement after 50 years. And that Nathan is why you will never make any legend team. Just missing that bit of steel in the backbone that blokes like Ray Higgs, Ray Price and Beau Scott have. The commentators on the game used to be real men like Rex Mossop, Ron Casey, Frank Hyde, Ferris Ashton, Col Pearce but now you only get a gig if you act like a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.