What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I guess if they rule our TPAs are illegal then that might change our cap position???

And we probably aren't able to offer TPAs while there is speculation what we do is dodgy

and they wouldn't register a contract that has had anything to do with our current board or CEO

they want one of the you beaut John Grant boards that are going gangbusters at all clubs the NRL run

speaking of those http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ver-reminded-of-the-slap-20160422-goddwh.html

PRICE OF STAYING PUT

There has been plenty of speculation about just how much Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks will earn should they exercise an option in their contract to stay at Wests Tigers next year.

Some of the figures bandied about are heavily inflated. For the record - they are entitled to $550,000 each to stay put.

However, the Tigers are hoping they might be prepared to take a slight haircut in the first year, as the joint-venture outfit has little salary cap wriggle room in 2017.

The club is looking to make it up to the halves in later years as part of an extension offer, although officials want to avoid a situation where they both come off contract again at the same time.

I guess if they rule our TPAs are illegal then that might change our cap position???

And we probably aren't able to offer TPAs while there is speculation what we do is dodgy

It might, but wouldn't we still be punished this year? Your second point though, yeah, could make things difficult.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ill-williams-back-to-nrl-20160423-godk37.html

Sydney Roosters keen to lure golden son Sonny Bill Williams back to NRL

Date
April 23, 2016 - 10:00PM

Danny Weidler
Sport columnist

It's hard to say no to Roosters chairman Nick Politis, and when the Roosters make one final play for Sonny Bill Williams, the club will be banking on their friendship to make a difference.

Politis, Willliams, his agent Khoder Nasser and former Roosters director David Gyngell are good friends and catch up when Williams is in town. There is a meeting planned in the next month.

But being the successful businessman he is, Politis knows he is going to need to come up with a plan to lure Williams back to the NRL. As it stands right now the Roosters have been told that it's too difficult for Williams to rejoin the club and they should move on.

But the Roosters won't wear that. The focus and discipline in the group was never better than when Williams was at the club. Not to mention he was a key figure in their 2013 grand final win.

That's why the Roosters are hatching a plan. They know that Williams loves living in Sydney and has family here - that is an attraction.

But central to it will be a job with the Roosters post-football. The club can't match the kind of money - the equivalent of around $3 million sign-on, that he is being offered per year in Europe.

The All Blacks will also have a greater ability to entice Williams. But a job later in life is what the Roosters can look at. There is a commonly held view that post-football jobs are are a way of rorting the cap.

The NRL's overriding principle is that they monitor any agreement/contract which could be a way of getting around the salary cap. But they also encourage clubs to set up players for a career after their playing days are over.

If a club came to the NRL proposing a contract which included ambassadorial work after someone's playing career, they would first ensure that the payments were all in line with their assessment.

So the payment would have to be high enough during the playing years, and the ambassadorial salary would have to be in line with market rates. The NRL know those rates because we have about 40 ambassadors.

But if the club didn't tell the NRL and just hired the player after he quit, they can still go back later and determine if there was an attempt to breach the salary cap while he was playing.

John Morris was a good example of this: the Sharks set him up to be a coach and then paid him a fair amount once he finished his career.

Williams won't make his final call until his commitments are finished with the New Zealand Sevens team at the Olympics.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Danny forgot a name

this should read

Politis, Willliams, his agent Khoder Nasser, John Grant and former Roosters director David Gyngell are good friends and catch up when Williams is in town

Avenger

Immortal
How what Politis is doing is any different to what we have done? Is his arm longer than ours? That's right. They don't have spineless people in their ranks white anting him at every opportunity.

Dibs

Bench
Did John Grant run over your dog? What is his current role anyway?

He is like a broken record. I think we all have the point now he doesn't like grant and blames him for all our problems. Probably thinks grant was taking the minutes for the meeting where we discussed rorting tpas

Green River Eel

Juniors
Hindy has an agenda, he is being loyal to his mates and his mates hate the current board, so does he thats why he wants to see us lose all points, so the board will be gone but he doesnt have the balls to say it.
Spagnolo has been looking after Hindy for years.

TheRam

Coach
Hindy has an agenda, he is being loyal to his mates and his mates hate the current board, so does he thats why he wants to see us lose all points, so the board will be gone but he doesnt have the balls to say it.
Spagnolo has been looking after Hindy for years.

Well if that is true, then he is just a wanker like all the others who put their personal gain in front of the club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If it's true.... Then again there's plenty here who love a good conspiracy theory don't they?

It's worth noting that 2 of Hindys best mates are currently employed by the club.

Hindy strikes me as the sort of guy not influenced by anyone and has a mind of his own, but that's just me.

T-Boon

Coach
Stagger, the fact Hindy would say it raises the question why he would say it. How could he want Parra to be punished in such a way? It certainly makes me think he is part of a campaign of hate.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger, the fact Hindy would say it raises the question why he would say it. How could he want Parra to be punished in such a way? It certainly makes me think he is part of a campaign of hate.

Who knows mate? If Hindy had a massive beef with those running the club than I couldn't imagine him picking up a pay cheque from them when he was a member of the coaching staff and the same could be said about his mrs who up until about a year ago or so was working at the club

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who knows mate? If Hindy had a massive beef with those running the club than I couldn't imagine him picking up a pay cheque from them when he was a member of the coaching staff and the same could be said about his mrs who up until about a year ago or so was working at the club

So he and his wife were employed by the club but now they're not? They sound like they tick one of the major boxes for disgruntled former employees.

I'm sick of people who think the club owes them something.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So he and his wife were employed by the club but now they're not? They sound like they tick one of the major boxes for disgruntled former employees.

I'm sick of people who think the club owes them something.

Bonnie now works with Lana Taylor and Erin Cayless flipping houses using their business, Three Birds Renovations.

Chipmunk

Coach
Bonnie now works with Lana Taylor and Erin Cayless flipping houses using their business, Three Birds Renovations.

Am I right in saying that this was predominantly expanded as a business after Mrs Cayless and Mrs Hindmarsh were no longer required by the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.