What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

butch82

Juniors
Less than a week until the AGM... the "usual suspects" are just trying to whip up a dissatisfied angry mob via media stories any way they can land them.

Lucky most supporters/members can see through the tactics now, and not get caught up in much of this faux-drama.

Just focus on how we're doing as a club - f**king great actually, compared to any of the past 5-7 years at this stage of the season. Fantastic squad, fantastic depth, great win ratio, and nothing of concern in the annual report financials.... One can only hope that some of the NRL governance review changes will somehow result in the warlords walking away and leaving our club and its rosy future in peace.

in relation to the agm is there any new tickets or people going for the board?

phantom eel

First Grade
There are no elections due this year to my knowledge.

So it's just a boring AGM, where people with agendas try and posture and create drama... to make life difficult for the current board, and destabilise our club (via the media reports) in the process.

Perhaps some former board members/employees were hoping a no confidence motion will force the current Board (or a member or two of it) to stand down, and then new elections to be called before they are due in 12 months' time, but that seems an unlikely outcome of the AGM to me?

There are no elections due this year to my knowledge.

So it's just a boring AGM, where people with agendas try and posture and create drama... to make life difficult for the current board, and destabilise our club (via the media reports) in the process.

Perhaps some former board members/employees were hoping a no confidence motion will force the current Board (or a member or two of it) to stand down, and then new elections to be called before they are due in 12 months' time, but that seems an unlikely outcome of the AGM to me?

I heard motions needed to be in within 21 days of the meeting, so it someone did want to put forward a motion of no confidence then they would have already have done so in writing.

Yes it would be pretty hard to work out when Frank Smith the new poster starts making inappropriate sexual innuendos, posting videos and freakish photos and ranting about the system.

I dunno what he did. I have my suspicions it was something along the lines of what you suggested. But that's Casper. He genuinely believes it..

I prefer this place with Casper than without. Do we need to stick to these rigid rules that, while it might seem fair, takes a bit more colour out of all our lives?

emjaycee

Coach
I heard motions needed to be in within 21 days of the meeting, so it someone did want to put forward a motion of no confidence then they would have already have done so in writing.

Motions can be taken from the floor during General Business.
The Proposer needs to take the mike and propose the motion, the Chairman calls for a Seconder and if seconded, the motion is put to a vote via a show of hands/voting paddles.

A motion of no confidence in the Board would require 75%+1 of the eligible voters to vote Yes in order to pass.

Gronk

Staff member
The NRL will introduce a limit on football club spending next year in the biggest club equalisation measure since the establishment of a salary cap.
The governing body and its clubs are in the process of signing off on a whole-of-game funding agreement that effectively extinguishes any threat of a Super League-style breakaway competition. Rugby League Central has sent all clubs a copy of the memorandum of understanding which, when signed, will become a binding agreement that secures their financial future and holds them to a perpetual license to play in the NRL competition.

It's understood the document - obtained by Fairfax Media - has been signed off by a number of clubs. Others are expected to do likewise to qualify for the promised up-front payment of $1.125 million each in early July, made possible by the record broadcast deal. The clubs stand to earn an additional $100 million from 2018 to 2022, with additional grants totalling 130 per cent of player payments over that period.
Head office is keen to ensure its franchises don't squander those funds, while also seeking to create an even playing field by controlling off-field expenditure. To that end, for the first time there will be a ceiling on the amount of money spent on football departments from 2017.
The cap will likely apply to the dollars spent on the head coach and his staff, sports science, high-performance units, study trips and other means of achieving an off-field edge. There is a discrepancy of about $10 million between what the richest and poorest clubs spend off the field, with the new cap to bridge the gap.

"The parties will form a working group consisting of both ARLC and NRL club representatives with the express mandate to research and develop a football department cap system by no later than 31 October 2016," the agreement states.
"The terms of reference of this [six-person] working group will include development of the protocols for calculating football department expenses, cap limits and rules, reporting of information, compliance monitoring processes and penalties for non-compliance. An agreed process for capping football department expenses will be incorporated in the New Club Licence."
The AFL introduced an "equalisation tax" two years ago after confirming there is a correlation between football department spending and success on the field. Exactly how it is applied in the NRL remains to be determined, with rigorous debate sure to ensue before a figure is settled upon.
Brisbane and Melbourne are among the biggest-spending clubs off the field, paying head coaches Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy seven-figure sums. Wests Tigers, Gold Coast and Newcastle - the clubs that have gone cap-in-hand to the NRL for financial assistance - spend just a fraction of the amount on staff and facilities.
Another contentious issue is the NRL's move to remove ratchet clauses from player contracts. While the clubs and the League are aligned on the issue, the move puts them on a collision course with the Rugby League Players' Association. With the salary cap yet to be set for 2018 and beyond, most star players and their managers are holding off on a decision or asking for pay rises commensurate with any salary cap increases. The RLPA wants ratchet clauses to remain but the MOU states they are to be abolished, with a separate working party to be formed to oversee the drafting of a new collective bargaining agreement with the players.
"As a first step, ARLC and NRL clubs will agree a whole of game position regarding the use of ratchet style clauses in player contracts which they shall jointly and immediately take to the RLPA for approval," the document states.
Another working party will be formed by June 30 to focus on the issue of 'centralised stadia and match placement' for Sydney clubs. It's understood the NRL won't be able to dictate to clubs where to play matches, although several want clarification on the issue before signing off on the agreement.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ng-in-2017-20160427-gogcut.html#ixzz473qnaMIe
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

hindy111

Post Whore
I dunno what he did. I have my suspicions it was something along the lines of what you suggested. But that's Casper. He genuinely believes it..

I prefer this place with Casper than without. Do we need to stick to these rigid rules that, while it might seem fair, takes a bit more colour out of all our lives?

Just get back to work so you can pay your taxes.

Gazzamatta

Coach
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend the death your right to say it"
Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

Bigfella

Coach
One thing you can be sure of - the more smug and condescending twizzle is when asserting a fact - the more completely wrong he will be.

It never ceases to amaze me that someone can be so consistently adamant yet so completely wrong.

Delboy

First Grade
just clearing emails this morning , when Raaay came on

Seems he "knows" exactly what is happening, Parramatta will be playing without the ability to make the finals. They "cheated " the cap to sign Foran, Scott and Gordon. They will also face a really significant fine as they are run by dumb people, wonder where that comes from

the question should be, who leaked any details to him and others, that seems to fly in the face of what the NRL should be about.

The witch hunt has worked, if we have done unspecified deals then it should be made public at the time of any punishment. However, weren't we cleared by the audit team after signing these players, what the heck is going on? again we have people who are willing to work to bring the club down at any cost to suit their agenda

We will see true colours at the AGM on Monday, no doubt the emperor and others will be there in force

Status
Not open for further replies.