What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
just clearing emails this morning , when Raaay came on

Seems he "knows" exactly what is happening, Parramatta will be playing without the ability to make the finals. They "cheated " the cap to sign Foran, Scott and Gordon. They will also face a really significant fine as they are run by dumb people, wonder where that comes from

the question should be, who leaked any details to him and others, that seems to fly in the face of what the NRL should be about.

The witch hunt has worked, if we have done unspecified deals then it should be made public at the time of any punishment. However, weren't we cleared by the audit team after signing these players, what the heck is going on? again we have people who are willing to work to bring the club down at any cost to suit their agenda

We will see true colours at the AGM on Monday, no doubt the emperor and others will be there in force

what he is effectively saying is that we are over the cap for this year

that has never been anyone's allegation from any of the media reports that I have read

jono

Juniors
Isn't is amazing how SMH "obtained" the proposed equalisation document.
The entire rugby league fraternity is peppered with more leaks than the Titanic.
Journalists don't report anymore.......they grasp any scrap of rumour hearsay and gossip and embellish to create a "truth". I have friends who work in the media and these people are honourable and decent reporters......it seems to get to the highest echelon of the fourth estate you have to have the least scruples

Gronk

Staff member
The AGM is before the NRL's presser.

Hence why Pricey, Raaay etc all are turning up the hysteria dial.

Imagine if the AGM exploded with no confidence motions and the board were run out of town by the angry mob. Then the NRL hand down - 4 point sanctions because of breaches in 2012/13 and a few minors after that.

#Timing

strider

Post Whore
I guess now that it is inevitable that the ruling won't be handed down until AFTER the AGM, then the drivers of the campaign have open slather to throw out any propaganda they want and hope that helps their cause at the AGM

Having said that - none of us taking offense to what they are doing have any idea what the ruling is either

ash411

Bench
I guess now that it is inevitable that the ruling won't be handed down until AFTER the AGM, then the drivers of the campaign have open slather to throw out any propaganda they want and hope that helps their cause at the AGM

Having said that - none of us taking offense to what they are doing have any idea what the ruling is either

This is what they're banking on.

The longer the NRL takes to hand down its findings, there better it is for the destabilisers. They don't want the NRL to announce anything before the AGM, because then we will know exactly what is fact and what is fiction, it's kind of like a game of poker at this point, you want to scare your opponent off their hand before the last card comes out, rather than risk going to a showdown.

For example, if the NRL were to clear us of wrong doing (or say that the breaches are minor and technical, not devious or deliberate) it would knock the wind out of their sails, giving them no grounds to call for a no confidence motion. They need to speculation and threat of a huge penalty hanging over the board in order to keep the hysteria going and scare the voters into supporting them.

I didn't join the PLC, mostly because I didn't have a reason to in the past (don't go into the LC at all, not a drinker or a gambler), and was never invested in who ran the PLC for that reason. I was always under the assumption that my PNRL membership was going to give me voting rights for the PNRL board, until it didn't.

I really hope and appeal that regardless of your feelings about the guys currently on the board, those of you that do have voting rights don't support any coups undertaken by past board members to overthrow the board and cause more undue instability in the club.

Their terms are up next year (I believe so, right?), Give them that time to fail or succeed, Salary cap stuff aside (cause we really do not KNOW what is going on there for sure yet), they're doing an OK job so far, and really they're the best option available to us at the moment, unless you have a better option, if so, let us know.

Allowing this campaign of fear mongering and mis-information to succeed re-enforces their born to rule attitude and shows that the best way to gain control of the board isn't by showing that you're the most qualified or passionate, but by holding the club to ransom and tearing it down.

This method cannot work, if it does, it will just continue to happen. We need to send a message that if you decide to use the media to try to re-gain control of the club by dragging it through the mud, it WILL NOT WORK. We need to stop these tactics once and for all, it's been happening for too long, and apart from making us look extremely bad to the public, it's no good for the club as a whole either.

So Hadley is trying to make out we signed players for 2016 based on cheating yet we are under the cap in 2016.
wow does he even listen to himself before he speaks?

eel01s

Bench
I think it is extremely unfortunate that the NRL won't announce their findings before the AGM.

I will be going to the AGM. Anyone want to meet up beforehand?

Delboy

First Grade
So Hadley is trying to make out we signed players for 2016 based on cheating yet we are under the cap in 2016.
wow does he even listen to himself before he speaks?

Don't think so, tends to read the script as prepared by the emperor , as before, it's all a bit sad . No matter the outcome we cannot let these "infidels" back inside the walls

I think it is extremely unfortunate that the NRL won't announce their findings before the AGM.

I will be going to the AGM. Anyone want to meet up beforehand?
If they wanted board members gone then they would announce it before hand you would think.

84 Baby

Referee
If they wanted board members gone then they would announce it before hand you would think.

Casper Memorial Conspiracy Threory Hat on - what if the NRL want board gone and have made deal with certain prospective board members that if board are gone with vote of no confidence then there will be no points penalty :sarcasm:

ash411

Bench
Casper Memorial Conspiracy Threory Hat on - what if the NRL want board gone and have made deal with certain prospective board members that if board are gone with vote of no confidence then there will be no points penalty :sarcasm:

If that's the case, then the NRL are done as a sporting governing body, that is flat out corruption right there.

It's not the NRL's place to dictate who runs the club. If they have found that board members have broken rules or laws making them unfit to hold office on the board, then have them removed by ASIC, but if they do not have evidence to do so, then they cannot do anything.

You can't go making shonky deals and manipulating the comp because you don't like who's running a club.

amitropo

Juniors
Would Greenberg maybe be attending the AGM to break the news to eels members 1st.
He was at the Newcastle Knights the other day, for meeting with them.

Would Greenberg maybe be attending the AGM to break the news to eels members 1st.
He was at the Newcastle Knights the other day, for meeting with them.
I doubt it, the Knights are owned by the NRL now aren't they? that's why he would have been there I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.