What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Decision to be handed down on Tuesday. We are now expecting to lose all our points. Sorry guys. Got the text a few hours ago. Just woke up.

I'm pissed. Off to court we go. (My opinion).

So what has happened in the middle? How well informed is your impeccable source if the good oil changes viscosity so quickly?

Delboy

First Grade
Update:

Decision to be handed down on Tuesday. We are now expecting to lose all our points. Sorry guys. Got the text a few hours ago. Just woke up.

Is that we play the season for no points, or they take 10 points off us

If they have us play for nothing, they better have found at least what the Storm did, they penalised the Wariors 4 points for being $1 million over

Not that I trust Greenberg one bit

El Diablo

Post Whore
I feeling gutted as I write this. Source does not know what changed. Again sorry guys. I don't think anyone really knows what's happening. I too am clueless as I think everyone's contacts are merely speculating. If we lose all our points I'd spend millions on court and open up a can of worms for the NRL.

News Corp is what happened

definitely take Grant and his cronies to court

phantom eel

First Grade
f**k... the NRL could be f**king up a LOT of public good will for the code unless they detail specific, current, systematic rorting of a Storm-like scale if they're making a significnt points deduction.

I still reckon 4 points is the NRL's best bet to avoid court action and potential ongoing embarassment over this whole TPA issue...

Stagger eel

Staff member
The conspiracy theory in me thinks the board know and have told the NRL to penalise us on Tuesday a day after the AGM ..

Delboy

First Grade
I just hope that it is not Greenberg acting and looking tough given the c**k ups he had made with th bunker and other things, he is not the right person to make decisions like this given his club affiliations

Avenger

Immortal
Is that we play the season for no points, or they take 10 points off us

If they have us play for nothing, they better have found at least what the Storm did, they penalised the Wariors 4 points for being $1 million over

Not that I trust Greenberg one bit

Just told all our points.

eel01s

Bench
Not questioning you Avenger, but how can things supposedly change so much in the space of a day or two this late in the piece?

I can only think that a recommendation went to Greenberg, and he has overruled it?

El Diablo

Post Whore
The conspiracy theory in me thinks the board know and have told the NRL to penalise us on Tuesday a day after the AGM ..

the NRL wanted to wait until after tonights game because they were worried the crowd would boycott one of the biggest games and they'd also get low ratings on TV

Delboy

First Grade

Having said that Stagger, it would have to be a monumental overspend if the punishment is to fall in line with what has been handed down peeviosuly

The hard thing is we were given the OK, then we signed Foran and pissed off Bozo and the fatman, they joined forces with the chosen one and the leaks and whispers started in force.

Gronk

Staff member
LOL it's a f**king riot being an Eels supporter. Never a dull moment.

FML :crazy:

I don't have high hopes anymore, but I'll be interested to see the numbers. Or as I fear, I'll be left wanting to jam them you know where, because we have been shafted yet again.

IFR33K

Coach
Update:

Just heard from someone within the club, the points will be determined by the amount of board members to stand down.

Status
Not open for further replies.