What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree Phantom, they blew out last night..

Check out the prices penrith + souths and raiders are for winning comp compared to the top 4 and top 8 prices.Then compare it to Parras.

There is the proof. They no it will be hard to make it but if we do we are a chance to win it.

Someone

Bench
sounds like our season is all but over.

not sure if i can watch anymore footy games this year if that happens. will just hurt way too much. our club deserves so much better.

Djay

Juniors
I'm not doubting you Avenger but if that is the case if we had only won 1 game so far this year, that means the punishment is only worth 2 points.

It makes 0 sense, we would already be out of semi finals contention.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So it is obvious sportsbet know what is going on with parras point deduction before the fans or the club or general public does.
They have blown us out to 9-1 to finish top 4.There is no way they would do this before knowing.
Who in the NRL has leaked the information to sportsbet?

The only thing that Sportsbet will blow is my fat penis.

#JamieRogers

phantom eel

First Grade
Check out the prices penrith + souths and raiders are for winning comp compared to the top 4 and top 8 prices.Then compare it to Parras.

There is the proof. They no it will be hard to make it but if we do we are a chance to win it.
I don't think it's proof of anything Hindy. Setting odds is purely a mathematical exercise, based on the level of bets you are attracting (and hence payouts you might be liable for) at the current price. The overall "field" has to balance out - with a profit margin for the operator - so that no matter which bet succeeds the bookie has covered his losses by attracting enough bets for the other (unsuccessful) teams along the way.

If no enough people are betting on Parra at say 15-1 (because they are worried about being without Foran, or about silly rumours of points deductions) then the bookie has to lengthen the odds (to say 19-1) to try and attract further bets on us in order to cover the prizepool/payout for the bets on whoever does win the comp.

hindy111

Post Whore
THIS IS CORRUPTION . I bet with these bastards and they are getting tipped off.f**k I WANT MY MONEY BACK

phantom eel

First Grade
Hindy, the first time you started this sportsbet thread the mods moved it into the salary cap thread... I reckon they are about to do the same in 3, 2, 1...

Yeah. Not feeling too confident ATM. I can't imagine I'll ever have another footy team, but it's not too hard to imagine losing interest in league.

Basil Brush

Juniors
I don't think it's proof of anything Hindy. Setting odds is purely a mathematical exercise, based on the level of bets you are attracting (and hence payouts you might be liable for) at the current price. The overall "field" has to balance out - with a profit margin for the operator - so that no matter which bet succeeds the bookie has covered his losses by attracting enough bets for the other (unsuccessful) teams along the way.

If no enough people are betting on Parra at say 15-1 (because they are worried about being without Foran, or about silly rumours of points deductions) then the bookie has to lengthen the odds (to say 19-1) to try and attract further bets on us in order to cover the prizepool/payout for the bets on whoever does win the comp.

Unfortunately the house never loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.