What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Simple answer to why sportbet have blown our odds out: Simply because no-one was betting on us at the odds they were offering.

And that's because of the rumours and panic firstly about Foran, and now (post-win over the Dogs) about possible NRL penalties... rumours (not yet fact) that incidently serve the interest of the leakers/former warlords ahead of the AGM.

I don't htink sportsbet lengthening the odds means they know anything at all.

Sportsbet would not offer silly odds of 9-1 to finish top 4 and have the dogs at 2.40.... I have been betting a long time.They might offer a sweetner like 4-1 or maybe even 5s at a HUGE stretch.But 9-1 is just taking pi$$

hindy111

Post Whore
Read your reply. Sortsbet would not offer $2.40 on dogs for top 4 and 9s to parra. Just to try and get a few punters in.
3s would be good odds. $4 or $5s and people would be snapping it up. $9's is basically knowing they cant so giving someone who does not know perhaps a silly bet.

The fact sharks have also tightend into 1.25 to finish top 4 shows Parra are know threat to them. Our price is not the only one thats been effected. :p Sharks have moved.

Anyhows i know nothing -Just a dope from penrith.

Basil Brush

Juniors
We are 3.25 to make the 8 on sportsbet.

If you are willing to think they know nothing, get on.

However it appears you will lose your dough.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Read your reply. Sortsbet would not offer $2.40 on dogs for top 4 and 9s to parra. Just to try and get a few punters in.
3s would be good odds. $4 or $5s and people would be snapping it up. $9's is basically knowing they cant so giving someone who does not know perhaps a silly bet.

The fact sharks have also tightend into 1.25 to finish top 4 shows Parra are know threat to them. Our price is not the only one thats been effected. :p Sharks have moved.

Anyhows i know nothing -Just a dope from penrith.

Hindy111, i have had a shot at your spelling and punctuation but you are spot on here.

hindy111

Post Whore
We are 3.25 to make the 8 on sportsbet.

If you are willing to think they know nothing, get on.

However it appears you will lose your dough.

Smells massively corrupt. Some poor drunk punter after tonights game will see those odds and throw his money down the toilet.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'll wait to comment until the punishment, if any, is announced.
Avengers source has had a back flip.
And that is all anyone here is basing their comments on.

Suity.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep now there should be an investigation into the whole betting thing.
lol how short are the sharks now at 1.25 to make the top 4. lol Thats the give away

Captain BF

Juniors
The betting agencies don't look too out of whack to me considering our best/highest paid player/chief organiser just departed on an indefinite break. Get well soon Foz.

Assuming that the NRL want board members/staff to go, other than Sharp, who in your opinion would they want out?

Basil Brush

Juniors
The betting agencies don't look too out of whack to me considering our best/highest paid player/chief organiser just departed on an indefinite break. Get well soon Foz.

Assuming that the NRL want board members/staff to go, other than Sharp, who in your opinion would they want out?

Parra are 3.25 to make the 8 after winning tonight.

That tells you everything...

Basil Brush

Juniors
I totally agree Hindy111.

We have a massive story here. If i knew any journalists i could make a small fortune.

You know any Hindy??

Bigfella

Coach
You'd have to think we are a good chance of at least losing 4 points. That's only going on the degree of media speculation and the consistency of the various sources.

If we only lose 4 I reckon we can definitely still make the 8. In some ways the points loss hanging over our heads helped us tonight. I genuinely think we wanted to win more than them.

Over the minor premiership we might even make 4 points up in close games we could have otherwise lost.

The thing is though it makes it very tough to finish top 4. On form to date we would be a massive top 4 chance without the points issue.

I don't think the bookmakers' odds are necessarily an omen of doom.

Don't forget they will be wanting to create interest around us. No one would be backing us at correct market odds so they will have been laying bets on other marginal sides.

Bigfella

Coach
I also don't think they would be getting inside information. There are criminal offences around that kind of thing now equivalent to insider trading legislation so I truly don't think the bookmakers would be better or even as well informed as the league writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.