What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Exactly. Two teams of simmilar quality.
One is 1.25 to make top 4 while other is 9 - 1.
That is a 36 -1 difference to an even split.
Unheard of.Sportsbet would have no reason to take a risk like that in a team like parra based soley on trying to attract the punter.
You would understand offering double or 3 times what they are on sharks but 36 x?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just so everyone knows exactly how many points we are losing, I got told 4-6 and 10 tonight.

Also got told the NRL "want us in the semi's if we are good enough" which would indicate the lesser of a points penalty.

Don't worry about what the NRL want what does Paul K*nt and Roy Hardley want?

Bigfella

Coach
How can we have an agm with this unresolved?

Is there any capacity to postpone the agm?

Not that I really give a f**k about that. If it's more than 4 points it will be tough to cop.

And figuring out what the best way to react in terms of future board representation is just about impossible.

Anyway, if we play like that tonight all year watching will still be fun.

On here we will have to maintain an unofficial ladder as if we haven't lost any points.

phantom eel

First Grade
Sorry mate, but that is the most ignorant post ever.

Not attacking you but you obviously dont understand betting firms. They will not take massive risks.
Where's the risk though? If no-one is putting any bets on us at any price at the moment...

The adjustment of odds is based on the amount of bets being received, and the bookie's need to cover the spread of outcomes (and make a profit).

If they did "know something" it's not like they have to lengthen our price, they could just keep us at $3.25 and receive no bets - but then they'd be running the risk of not taking in enough volume of bets to pay out on the four teams that do make the top 4. Hence they have to lengthen our odds - not because they know anything - but in order to attract a steady stream (and balance of) bets.

*shrugs* Setting of odds is not a public service, it's done for proift, and is done by bookies mathematically with no regard for emotion etc.

hindy111

Post Whore
Based on odds from sportsbet id saywe lose 10 -12 points using my calculations.
If it was 16 theyd suspend it.Which some others just have. Thou 9s to make top 4 -16 points is a safe bet for sportsbet isnt it.

Bigfella

Coach
Mate, i am sorry but this is too common an opinion.

The government makes so much money from gambling, it will never investigate any gambling issues.

Why do you think they dont ban pokies?

Mate you have gone off on a panic campaign about this tonight.

You are making some sweeping generalisations and leaping to conclusions.

The government make a shit load more out of pokies than foreign owned corporate bookmakers betting on sport. There is no comparison.

phantom eel

First Grade
No lets reward them with another term...they're all good blokes
Well the next election is due in a year... let's see if we've won a comp between now and then, shall we?

(I still believe the penalty is 4 points, and that it is nothing and this team will make the finals :D.)

hindy111

Post Whore
Where's the risk though? If no-one is putting any bets on us at any price at the moment...

The adjustment of odds is based on the amount of bets being received, and the bookie's need to cover the spread of outcomes (and make a profit).

If they did "know something" it's not like they have to lengthen our price, they could just keep us at $3.25 and receive no bets - but then they'd be running the risk of not taking in enough volume of bets to pay out on the four teams that do make the top 4. Hence they have to lengthen our odds - not because they know anything - but in order to attract a steady stream (and balance of) bets.

*shrugs* Setting of odds is not a public service, it's done for proift, and is done by bookies mathematically with no regard for emotion etc.

We where under double figures to win comp not so long ago 😉

Basil Brush

Juniors

Nice intentions but it doesn't work that way.

No betting agency, in the history of the world, would have us at 3.25 to make the 8 after tonight unless they knew something.

This is mainy due to professional 24/7 punters all around the world.

Believe me, one of my best mates works in a betting firm.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Mate you have gone off on a panic campaign about this tonight.

You are making some sweeping generalisations and leaping to conclusions.

The government make a shit load more out of pokies than foreign owned corporate bookmakers betting on sport. There is no comparison.

I know how gambling, betting agencies and the government work. Unfortunately most people dont understand.

phantom eel

First Grade
Based on odds from sportsbet id saywe lose 10 -12 points using my calculations.
If it was 16 theyd suspend it.Which some others just have. Thou 9s to make top 4 -16 points is a safe bet for sportsbet isnt it.
It's only a safe bet for sportsbet because no-one is taking them up on those odds. It's more to do with a punter fear of uncertainty than on any inside knowledge imo.

The odds are lengthened entirely because non-one is making bets on us in the current climate of uncertainty, and they need to keep pulling money/bets in, spread across all the teams in differeing thresholds corresponding to their odds.

Dibs

Bench
Interestingly enough übet has us at 11 to win the title but top 4 and top 8 betting are suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.