What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfella

Coach
Fair enough. We are not getting personal, are we?

That would be a bit low...

There's nothing personal about it mate.

You wanted us to accept your conclusions based on having a mate who works in a corporate bookmaking joint.

I was making the point that that doesn't really elevate your opinion very high given a) it's not you b) they are mainly global conglomerates with thousands and thousands of employees and c) even if he is high up in one of those it doesn't mean he knows the outcome of the investigation.

I just did it in a smart arse way because I thought it was funnier

Chipmunk

Coach
Im going with 10

I'm going with an initial hefty penalty, which the club seeks a court injunction over and we keep the points in the interim. The subsequent court case reveals many things, including the current NRL CEO's involvement in past arrangements with TPAs, forcing him to resign. Parramatta make the Finals, but go out in week 2. The subsequent court case is awarded in Parramatta's favour with the NRL salary cap deemed illegal under Commonwealth legislation. 2017 and beyond will be a free for all open slather who has the most money wins affair. Multiple ARL Commission members stand down as a result of the fiasco.

Bigfella

Coach
Well the next election is due in a year... let's see if we've won a comp between now and then, shall we?

(I still believe the penalty is 4 points, and that it is nothing and this team will make the finals :D.)

4 is manageable.

It's not nothing.

It makes top 4 just about impossible. That puts us statistically in the dog house.

I certainly hope we don't develop a view that losing 4 is excusable and that there are no consequences.

hybrideel

Bench
John Boulos addressed people in the corporate box tonight advising the decision was to be handed down next week and the NRL have assured that any decision on a penalty would be made purely on evidence and not media speculation

ash411

Bench
Anyone else want to throw numbers around? FFS you lot.

It's somewhere between 0 and 100. You watch I bet I'm right.

F**cken merkins, the lot of you. Forget what you're "Hearing" your so called sources are obviously wrong, or don't actually know anything.

Before you get all butthurt about me calling you out, chill. I understand that it's what you heard, and you're just helping out trying to keep us informed, but it look like no information is credible right now.

Can we please have a moratorium on people throwing rumors around (or what they "hear" from their secret squirrels) unless you have the sack to name the person that told you, what their role is, and where they heard it from (i.e. I want you to trace the source back to Greenberg himself).

Unless you can provide that supporting information (which you can't/won't, and I don't blame you) SHUT THE F**K UP!

I'm sorry but I'm sick of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.