What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I didn't say we're innocent, I have said I don't think a 4 point penalty is a big deal... a view you eventually agreed with ;-).

Look at us... we both love the drama, don't we! A pair of old dyed-in-the-wool Eel fan drama queens, you and I. Drama llamas, if you will...

But as for dinner, I sadly have to pass up on the kind offer... Something more important than the AGM has come up on May 2nd - the Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur replay on Fox Sports :cool:.

The board should go if we're penalised half a point.. In this Como any loss of points is s big deal given to he closeness of the comp..

phantom eel

First Grade
The board should go if we're penalised half a point..
Really? Even though this Board got rid of Seward? And even if any penalty stems from the mess the previous mob got us into, with their dud contracts and appointment of Ricky who left us paying contracts for guys at other clubs? :crazy:

And who are you going to replace them with?

Nah! ... Suity told me he wore a chastity belt on their first date, the friendship went pear shape from there..
He did seem upset I was saving myself for someone "special"...

$%28KGrHqJ,!n4FIEzuIRf4BSG0TSq8fQ~~60_35.JPG

Stagger eel

Staff member
You mean the same board who hired Seward as CEO? ....

Yes... If we're penalized any points they should f**k off

ash411

Bench
You mean the same board who hired Seward as CEO? ....

Yes... If we're penalized any points they should f**k off

So, if we don't lose any points, what will be the next excuse to get rid of the board?

Gonna wait for one of them to sneeze?

We need stability right now, getting rid of the board isn't going to accomplish that.

But yeah, sure, lets get rid of the board, and the next one too...

Avenger

Immortal
Going forward, despite his heart being in the right place I do not think Sharp is the right person let alone the invisible man, Boulous. If ever there was a time a CEO with some strong leadership credentials was needed it is now and so far all we have seen is a cameo and continued reactionary gibber by another who is on $20k a year in a part time role. After this scandal whoever is the CEO should be the ONLY person talking to the media.

PS if we get any penalty the board should do the honorable thing and stand down. That goes without saying.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
The disappointing thing with the last 6 weeks with the salary cap is that it could have been done and dusted last year. Weather the current board did dodgy tpa deals or not who knows but this should have sorted last year when they sanctioned us for salary cap breaches. The board should have done a thorough investigation themselves last year along with the nrl. All deals emails should have been gone through like a fine tooth comb.

We were never going to make the finals last year. And if we were found to be cheating we would have been punished back then. But instead know we have entered our premiership window for the 1st time in 5 or 6 years have a team that can challenge for the premiership but could be rubbed out by next week

I'm a bit suspicious of this whole argument that we were free to disclose any dodgy stuff and no penalty would be applied. If that were the case, surely we'd have said "here's everything we've got, you've got free access to all our data, if you want to look for more," as we supposedly did afterwards.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm a bit suspicious of the "if the CEO/Board steps down, the NRL will deliver a smaller penalty" line of thought too....

Either we've breached the cap/rules or we haven't. Penalise us accordingly, but not relative to whether certain board members "choose" to resign. If any board members have done anything dodgy, they can be dealt with as Club directors by OLGA or something, not by the NRL!

Leave the governance changes to the process already in train as a result of the results of last year's review - the 100+ NRL recommended changes that our club is already implementing.

Yes. We're guilty or we're not. I'm not too worried about it though. I don't think the NRL wants to control clubs in that way. There's too much scrutiny. And it's just an extra hassle.

I think they'd far prefer clubs carry on their cheating ways but keep their f**king lips shut.

Parraren

Bench
Going forward, despite his heart being in the right place I do not think Sharp is the right person let alone the invisible man, Boulous. If ever there was a time a CEO with some strong leadership credentials was needed it is now and so far all we have seen is a cameo and continued reactionary gibber by another who is on $20k a year in a part time role. After this scandal whoever is the CEO should be the ONLY person talking to the media.

PS if we get any penalty the board should do the honorable thing and stand down. That goes without saying.

I've got mixed feelings when it comes to Sharp because I agree he has his heart in the right place and he genuinely wants the club to do well.

He put his balls on the line to appoint Brad Arthur over Jason Taylor. What a massive call that was, and the correct one.

He is definitely inexperienced and made some dud calls like the appointment of Seward which was a disaster though.

The board should go if we're penalised half a point.. In this Como any loss of points is s big deal given to he closeness of the comp..

So you are on board with the NRL taking us over ? Cause apart from that we are talking about going back into the Shit fight that started in 2008.

Ring Gids

Juniors
So you are on board with the NRL taking us over ? Cause apart from that we are talking about going back into the Shit fight that started in 2008.

The NRL taking us over, or appointing an entire board would be a terrible result for any club, but at the same time, given all the shit fights we've had, I couldn't say that I wouldn't be against 1 NRL appointed board member sitting on our board, assuming it's one that brings some experience to the table

Status
Not open for further replies.