What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well you tell me? You're the cocky merkin That thinks we're innocent ... I hope to god that you're right and if you are Bart I'll buy you dinner on May the 2nd prior to the AGM...

Awesome. Free Dinner.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on 2nd. Can you post my dinner to Brisbane?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So, if we don't lose any points, what will be the next excuse to get rid of the board?

Gonna wait for one of them to sneeze?

Depends.

If it is only a small one then probably not. But if they don't cover their mouth and deliver a massive golly then it think it is only fair that they go.

why would anyone want an NRL appointed board?

every club they run is a basket case

Um, you don't think there's a bit of a selection bias in these cases?

It's like saying that company administrators are hopeless because all the companies they administer are not performing well.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Um, you don't think there's a bit of a selection bias in these cases?

It's like saying that company administrators are hopeless because all the companies they administer are not performing well.

Completely different circumstances Barry, plus administrators are brought in to either turn company around or wind them up. The NRL are doing neither in those cases

84 Baby

Referee
I think they're winding us all up mate

"We've decided to restructure the competition into 4 teams. Bulldogs, Roosters, Storm & Brisbane are now the only teams left. Plus we're taking all Storm & Broncos points for breaches, and suspending all Roosters players indefinitely for playing with Mitchell Pearce" - Greenberg

Stagger eel

Staff member
So you are on board with the NRL taking us over ? Cause apart from that we are talking about going back into the Shit fight that started in 2008.

you know what?...I don't care, they can all kill themselves for all I can and the NRL can take over at board level as long as Brad, his staff and the players are not touched..

I don't subscribe to the theory that we should be happy with a board that's a little incompetent as opposed to one that's even more incompetent...

T-Boon

Coach
The only valid reason to even consider allowing an NRL appointed board member is if we were a financial basket case and were reliant on the NRL bailing us out as these other clubs tend to be. Thats not the case with Parra. Not happening.

Oscarman

Juniors
Heard RLW Mole on the radio this morning say he would love the Emperor back at the club as Chairman. Guess the leakers and other agitators will also want any announcement made before the AGM? Afterwards clearly does not suit their interests.

Completely different circumstances Barry, plus administrators are brought in to either turn company around or wind them up. The NRL are doing neither in those cases

Completely different to Newcastle? To the GC (who were actually placed in VA)?

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
you know what?...I don't care, they can all kill themselves for all I can and the NRL can take over at board level as long as Brad, his staff and the players are not touched..

I don't subscribe to the theory that we should be happy with a board that's a little incompetent as opposed to one that's even more incompetent...

Would you care if the NRL stripped the license from the Leagues Club, but essentially they still played as the Parramatta Eels?

84 Baby

Referee
Completely different to Newcastle?

I can't post why that is a different case to itself. But yes the cases of the NRL run clubs are different to administered companies because the synergism between the NRL & clubs means they can't allow clubs to be underperforming. The performance of Tits, Knights, Tigpies & even Dragons shows either they don't prescribe to that theory or they just aren't very good at it

I can't post why that is a different case to itself. But yes the cases of the NRL run clubs are different to administered companies because the synergism between the NRL & clubs means they can't allow clubs to be underperforming. The performance of Tits, Knights, Tigpies & even Dragons shows either they don't prescribe to that theory or they just aren't very good at it

So do you agree that the NRL are more likely to take over a club that has problems, than one which is well run?

84 Baby

Referee
So do you agree that the NRL are more likely to take over a club that has problems, than one which is well run?

They are, but equally you can question their ability when their run clubs are still basket cases because as I said it's not in the NRL best interests to have any underperforming clubs, so either they're not very good at running clubs, or for some reason they don't want the club performing well (cue the conspiracy theorists). I'm inclined to believe the former

So in essence you answer is yes. Your happy to give up the club to the NRL as long as the team is still there and unaffected.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I just want my club to be well managed and the focus to be about what we do on the field.

If that means handing it over to someone else, f**ken bring it on and bring it on quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.