What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Would you care if the NRL stripped the license from the Leagues Club, but essentially they still played as the Parramatta Eels?

it's no different to privatising the club and if our future was guaranteed than why not?? .... oh and they would also have to play the majority of their home games at Parra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Heard RLW Mole on the radio this morning say he would love the Emperor back at the club as Chairman. Guess the leakers and other agitators will also want any announcement made before the AGM? Afterwards clearly does not suit their interests.

shock horror...

gee hasnt the leaker earnt his keep?

IFR33K

Coach
Nah they would just let our players be picked off by the Broncos, Storm etc.

Andrew johns said the other day, Knights, Tigers and titans have zero sponsors. He might be having a stab in the dark with 2 of those teams thou. I'd say he's on the money with the Knights. I wonder why the NRL clubs have no sponsors.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone really believe an NRL appointed board would really work hard in obtaining tps

or recruiting the best available players

or retaining our best juniors

bean counters wont have the passion to make us the best we can be so I really would not like the club administered by some one who doesn't bleed blue and gold

IFR33K

Coach
or recruiting the best available players

or retaining our best juniors

bean counters wont have the passion to make us the best we can be so I really would not like the club administered by some one who doesn't bleed blue and gold

Agreed. They would just be interested in doing the bare minimum I believe.

Gronk

Staff member
Agreed. They would just be interested in doing the bare minimum I believe.

That's because ;-) player managers ;-) organise TPAs, so a club need not be involved. We'll just wait for the phone to ring with news from the manager about the whiz bang TPA he's organised..............:crazy:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There is nothing wrong with our current ownership structure, gee we have a business worth millions to support the NRL side. The Footy department loses money each year but each year the club department happily supports it. It also puts in money to support the footy, e.g. building our new training facilities.

If privatised the NRL side becomes solely focused on profit, do we want this ?

And really how successful is privatisation:
- Titans went broke
- Knights went broke
- Manly plenty of in fighting. Going ok, but already lost one co owner, how long will the current owner last?
- Souths, was successful but does help that a owner is one of the richest man in Aus and wrote off a shit load of debt. If packer didn't get involved wonder how it would off gone in future years
- Warriors how many owners have they had ? How many coaches ? Still the sleeping giant.
- Brisbane - one team town, will always be successful
- Storm - what would go wrong being owned by News Ltd. Lets see how they go when the big 3 retire with the current owners.

I reckon governance of the club and structure of the board is a bigger issue, just need a better structure. Maybe some independant directors / longer terms / split elections.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Privatisation is a million miles away from having NRL merkins on the board.

and that's fine but at least itll be out of the hands of Fitzy/Spag and Sharp..unless of course one of them buys it and knowing our luck the 3 of them will form a consortium to buy it just so they can f**k us and each other over for shit and giggles

that's the last thing we need a bunch of nrl bean counters who don't care if the club wins the premiership or the wooden spoon as long as the balance sheet looks good

Gronk

Staff member
and that's fine but at least itll be out of the hands of Fitzy/Spag and Sharp..unless of course one of them buys it and knowing our luck the 3 of them will form a consortium to buy it just so they can f**k us and each other over for shit and giggles

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater, Stagger.

We must explore all options so that we remain independent AND ensure that past factions are isolated.

Recently the Vic government has stepped in and took control of Geelong Council because that paparazzi photographer mad merkin Mayor had NFI. Everyone just argued with each other whilst achieving zip.

Vic Gov were pushing to defer elections until 2020, so in effect administrators were being appointed for a few years, so that the factions go away. Maybe a compromise in a similar vein is possible with us.

darryn-lyons-2013-360x202.jpg

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
it's no different to privatising the club and if our future was guaranteed than why not?? .... oh and they would also have to play the majority of their home games at Parra.

What if they stripped the licence, kept the coach and the team and the colours, but relocated the team to Perth?

strider

Post Whore
you know what?...I don't care, they can all kill themselves for all I can and the NRL can take over at board level as long as Brad, his staff and the players are not touched..

I don't subscribe to the theory that we should be happy with a board that's a little incompetent as opposed to one that's even more incompetent...

but I reckon you'd care if it cost us corey norman, nathan peats and who knows who else because we simply won't have the "resources" to offer as attractive offers anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.