What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I just love how stagger is going on about the board, as if he wasn't pushing everyone out of the way to get to the front of Spags' line for the chance to be in.

Now it's as if it never happened and stagger is all about independence, no factions etc.

This.

Best post I have read on this board ever. He's the epitome of a gutless fence sitter.

ash411

Bench
This.

Best post I have read on this board ever. He's the epitome of a gutless fence sitter.

Tastes like sour grapes to me. 90% of the anti-board posts are driven by the same thing.

on edit: I should state that I agree with Ron & HJ... in case I'm misunderstood

Avenger

Immortal
Gee you really fired up stagger. And sounds like you have a long memory.

I just love how stagger is going on about the board, as if he wasn't pushing everyone out of the way to get to the front of Spags' line for the chance to be in.

Now it's as if it never happened and stagger is all about independence, no factions etc.

This.

Come on boys. What a load of bullshit. 90% of us were excited with Fitzg being down the door, including me. I was suspicious of Spags. Yes he made some errors but at least he did some good things like improve the Leagues Club etc. This reference to Stagger trying to get on the board of be a fence sitter is bullshit. He merely sat back and watched what the new regime had to offer as we all did. They inevitably failed and now we have this fragremented leaderless mob that we have now. All we need is a CEO with experience that won't take any shit. Someone like Richardon would have been perfect but we opted to give the gig to one of the boys.

phantom eel

First Grade
But (as people are insinuating) the borderline hysterical posts suggesting we need to sack the current board at all costs - before the NRL has even come close to announcing any wrongdoing let alone penalty - seem to be coming from a strange place - a place removed from the views of most people posting on here?

It's almost getting to Jake "sack the board" cliche proportions, imo. People just need to chill ;-).

Gronk

Staff member
Billionaire businessman Bruce Gordon is set to take a 50 per cent stake in NRL club St George Illawarra, according to a report.

Fairfax reported that Gordon would repay a debt of $6 million to $7 million to the NRL as part of his holding.

Gordon owns media outlet WIN Corporation.

It was also reported the Magpies were to move to a 75 per cent equity in Wests Tigers, the NRL joint venture between Western Suburbs and Balmain.

The Balmain Tigers, who are already in a difficult financial position, would need to raise $2.7 million to acquire a 25 per cent share of the club and board representation but are said to be going to be given five years to do so.

The official announcement of the restructures will be supervised by the NRL's Tony Crawford.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/04/19/gordon-buys-half-nrl-stake-dragons

I gave Dykes a massive, massive serve when he was on the field after being dumped to reserve grade. Had no idea his missus and kids were like 5 metres away from me.

For the record, once informed, I apologised to Dykes (about the family thing, not the serve) and he understood.

I stand by my earlier post.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm not surprised that I'm being targeted here..
HJ has always supported Fitzgerald and has been dirty ever since he was pushed out of the club and Bart and has always supported the current chairman and his decisions...
I have never ever been part of a faction, never worked on a campaign ie: hand out leaflets, despite being asked a few times by different people or factions..I've flatly refused.
I've never benefited from a director except on 1 occasion when a director invited me into the corporate box 10 years ago just to take me to task on something I said on LU ( funny and awkward moment but food was great )

I've made it clear that the board should step down on the proviso that we're penalised competition points and I stand by it .. I've also made it clear that i don't believe any of the 3 factions should be part of our club however if the NRL come back and give the current board a clean bill of health than I'll be happy to be proven wrong in fact I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong..
My concern in all this is the players and coaching staff who have worked so hard to get to where they're at and their ability to stay focus and committed to representing this club.
Unlike Bart, whatever happens, I will never walk away from this club and will maintain my support and continue to attend games at all levels not even a bearded drunken bum can stop me.
So without further ado lets shift the focus back to the real issue shall we?

Gronk

Staff member
The coach and the playing staff are competitive because the front office played the game that all the successful clubs play. They push the TPA envelope.

You cant ignore the fact that the team that we have is a direct result of the coin raised. Salary cap scrutiny would not be on our lips right now if not for merkins who willingly watch us burn to the ground just so they can get some if that sweet sweet revenge.

phantom eel

First Grade
You're not being "targeted" Stags, let's just get that clear. :crazy:

From the range of replies questioning your neutrality on this topic, perhaps it hadn't been clear enough from your posts on this topic that you weren't in the pocket of one of the factions. Perhaps a bit more positivity in general might go toward changing that general view, though you've made your right of reply on that, so fair enough.

Some people disagree that this Board should stand down if there is a points penalty, depending on the nature of the penalty, and yet to be revealed details of exactly what any penalty is for, and who was responsible for and the timing of any actions leading to any penalty. But you're entitled to stand by your view - as are others who aren't prematurely calling for this Board's heads.

Now, on with the show...

hindy111

Post Whore
I gave Dykes a massive, massive serve when he was on the field after being dumped to reserve grade. Had no idea his missus and kids were like 5 metres away from me.

For the record, once informed, I apologised to Dykes (about the family thing, not the serve) and he understood.

I stand by my earlier post.

I recall once asking Paul Green what happend tonight after a Parra loss and he went haywire.
Mick Vella calmed him down. Respected Vella after that and thought green was a bellend.

hindy111

Post Whore
As far as the board goes. I do not even understand how it works or runs.I reckon Fitzgerald was a smart operator thou. Wasn't he the one who was buying half the properties in Parramatta for the club? I am not sure. I just recall when osbourne came in he was selling a few off to make it look like he made a profit.

Do we still own all those properties? If we do they would be worth a BOMB. If Spags and the rest have sold them off then -Shame

phantom eel

First Grade
The financial reports (available now, ahead of the AGM) list the properties the club still owns.

There are quite a few - some are labeled "core" (never to be sold off - the club itself and the dundas club), and the rest can be sold off should the administration decide to.

84 Baby

Referee
For those who care, Sunrise ran with the 8 points to start their 6.30 sports bulletin, and then not a word of it from then until I stopped watching at about 8. Seems weird that if 7 have the exclusive that they would stop just like that

Gronk

Staff member
Ever since Josh got the Ch7 gig I think he feels compelled to provide his boss with scoops. Josh is seemingly Ch7s version of Weedler.

So he just makes shit up on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.