What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Kent said the NRL isn't comfortable with us maybe lifting the premiership trophy this year so the points lose will be enough to make sure we don't make the finals.

then we should just forfeit every match

especially if we are cap compliant for this year

Chipmunk

Coach
They don't really have to dock us any points in reality. If the NRL decide they don't want us in the Finals, then its feasible that the penalty will simply be just that - we will not be allowed to participate in this years Final Series. It was the same penalty given to Essendon in the AFL a couple of years back. I believe after being 6th on the Ladder they were relegated to 9th and didn't play in the Finals. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the penalty becomes something like that, annoying as it would be.

The Club has been given plenty of time to plan for the outcome, if they haven't explored every possible legal angle then they really deserve to be kicked out.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
There is no bias in the administration of the NRL, now will have to dodge around to avoid being struck by lightning

The photo tells a tale of who pulls strings at the top

Yes in the same way that the moon landing footage proves it was faked and the 9/11 video confirms the conspiracy.

ash411

Bench
Yes in the same way that the moon landing footage proves it was faked and the 9/11 video confirms the conspiracy.

And that time that Hayne and the Roosters coach were photographed at the same function (not talking mind you, just in the same room) proved that Hayne had signed with the Roosters...

Chipmunk

Coach
We must be worth $50M then. I hope that Moss merkin has deep pockets.

It would be interesting to know the value of the team if it was for sale. I dare say unless the purchase came with a substantial grant from the Parramatta Leagues Club each year to run your team, it wouldn't be worth that much.

one of the biggest worries for me at present is our CEO has said nothing for over a month and the chairman hasn't been sending out his regular emails and the last public statement was over 10 days and said basically nothing.
That makes me think we are in deep shit and it might even be worse than first thought.
If so why didn't we just pull a broncos and say nothing and not let people be interviewed?

Stagger eel

Staff member
We must be worth $50M then. I hope that Moss merkin has deep pockets.

mate, we're not even worth a million, do you seriously believe any rich merkin will go near us at our current state?

even the tigers are more attractive than us

Stagger eel

Staff member
one of the biggest worries for me at present is our CEO has said nothing for over a month and the chairman hasn't been sending out his regular emails and the last public statement was over 10 days and said basically nothing.
That makes me think we are in deep shit and it might even be worse than first thought.
If so why didn't we just pull a broncos and say nothing and not let people be interviewed?

that's exactly how I'm thinking at the moment.

that's exactly how I'm thinking at the moment.
In my head i have already written off 2016.
Will still enjoy watching them play and think the group we have now will not give up and try to win every game so at least we will get to watch some good footy. But junior leaves so who do we replace him with for 2017 so we can have a red hot go at the premiership?

Stagger eel

Staff member
In my head i have already written off 2016.
Will still enjoy watching them play and think the group we have now will not give up and try to win every game so at least we will get to watch some good footy. But junior leaves so who do we replace him with for 2017 so we can have a red hot go at the premiership?

im feeling the same mate, there's a great uncertainty moving forward from this but at the same time I'm very conscious at the media's campaign to destabilize us, it wont end with the Cap results, I'm sure every player at the club would be linked to a move out of the place and so on and so on..

the thing that warms me in the dark times is the commitment shown by Brad and the players to rise above all this.

we talk how hard it is at times to support this club, it must be just as difficult to represent it on the field..

one of the biggest worries for me at present is our CEO has said nothing for over a month

frankly i'd prefer that to him putting out a statement every day for each new rumour when the nrl finding comes down then he can reply to that

answering the media's bullshit just gives it credibility

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I can only think of the following matters that the media has mentioned:

- semi matter, which Weilder claimed wasn't true
- emails / minutes showing us talking about TPA, which the club is claiming didn't show the true context of matter.
- Mossop matter, payments to oversea accounts didn't make good headlines but he is also a foreigner. The extra $50k payment could be an issue.
- Watmough matter, yeah it looks like we may have incorrectly reported matter rather then cheated
- tickets to TPA, surely this always happens
- inflated invoices to TPA providers, this is probably our biggest issue. Not a lot of info report in this matter.

Are there other matters ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.