What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

First Grade
Channel 7 running with the story of Parramatta to lose 8 points , to be told within 10 days.
In that case, who the f... is leaking to the Media before the NRL officially announces anything? :twisted::twisted:

ash411

Bench
Channel 7 running with the story of Parramatta to lose 8 points , to be told within 10 days.
In that case, who the f... is leaking to the Media before the NRL officially announces anything? :twisted::twisted:

Here's what makes these stories bulls**t.

If they already know they are going to punish us with points, and how many points it is going to be, they wouldn't be waiting 10 days, it makes no sense.

It's been between 4 and 14 days for over a month now, with a points spread that is between 2 and all of our points for 2 years.

Until the NRL themselves say something, everything else is bulls**t. Plain and simple.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Kent was saying that the penalty has been determined but later on he said the report has to go the ARL commission.

I'm pretty sure any penalty would need to be signed off by the commission.

So the commish has not seen the report but he is happy to go on about penalties.

He has NFI.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
Masoud is saying that he was "Told" about the 8 point penalty.

I wanna know who told him, and tweeted him as such, we should all do the same.

If we ever find out, I want who ever told him that to be fired, a lot.

strider

Post Whore
Personally, i cant see us getting anything less than 4pt penalty - which is our suspended sentence for the case where anything else turns up. If there is nothing more to see then i think everyone would have already moved along by now.

And if they have uncovered more, lets say of similar scale, then why wouldnt there be a similar penalty ontop?

So 8 or 10 might be about right .... thats what i am expecting ... anything better will be a bonus

IFR33K

Coach
Was there anymore recommendations or ultimatums for the board to stand down made, reducing in the penalty?

Also, it seems josh and Kent are just feeding off each other. We've heard 8-10 points for a month now, with the penalty being handed down in ten days. They don't know when the penalty will be handed down, is it possible they know the amount??? Let's hope not.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ABC News are reporting a decision is at least 2 weeks away now, yet Kent and Massoud already know what the penalty is.

If this wasn't so serious it would be funny.

Noise

Coach
Didn't Massoud say last night that the decision will come following the Bulldogs game? That would be about two weeks away.

ABC are just putting a slightly different spin on Massouds 'scoop'. And why do we believe the ABC?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Massoud is claiming he will be reporting tomorrow on another eels player owed TPA payments and is being linked to the roosters

Delboy

First Grade
Massoud is claiming he will be reporting tomorrow on another eels player owed TPA payments and is being linked to the roosters

No questions asked if the Rorters sign anyone with the roster they have, too many influential people at that club so the NRL take another step backwards, un-friggin-believable , injuries have upset them this year so no issues with them chasing players with large TPAs .

Just frightening the double standards

woddy

Juniors
But did they though?

Have we ever seen a statement from the NRL saying any penalty would be reduced by the board stepping down? I'd love to see it if so...

It was also propaganda sent out by the media fed by you know who (or them, it or whatever).

Good point . I can't find anything except media bullsh#t . Someone in the press said it so it must be true :crazy:

Last edited:
how what was not uncovered ?

Our Supposed systemic salary cap rort

The Club had the NRL go though it with a fine tooth comb back in September/October, why weren't those that are slinging shit now speaking with the NRL then?

If it is only for political gain then I will once again say f**k THESE LEAKING BASTARDS.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
:lol: So apparently the NRL doesnt feel comfortable of the Eels playing finals football so 8 points would be enough to make it impossible to make the finals. Yet they still reckon the Roosters can still make it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No questions asked if the Rorters sign anyone with the roster they have, too many influential people at that club so the NRL take another step backwards, un-friggin-believable , injuries have upset them this year so no issues with them chasing players with large TPAs .

Just frightening the double standards

And new reports claim they are $600k under the cap this year

Status
Not open for further replies.