What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joely01

Bench
I have yet to comment in here about this situation of our club.
I haven't read one paper about it, and when a footy program starts talking about it I switch it off.

I feel a lot of it is media driven crap which they shouldn't be allowed to print.

It's probably already been discussed and the answers are probably pages back, but isn't all the drama going on from 3 or so years ago? Yet people blame the current board and want them kicked out... That doesn't make much sense.
This is basically issues from past management if the time frame I'm thinking is right, and since the new board has been in place it looks as though they have been trying to fix any mess we have had.
So the whole the board must step down I'm not really understanding why?

If anything apart from this media campaign, again from an outsider looking in the club is in its best shape for some time and still improving. Getting another board and starting again puts us back once again, and who knows what agenda they would bring in.

Noise

Coach
I have yet to comment in here about this situation of our club.
I haven't read one paper about it, and when a footy program starts talking about it I switch it off.

I feel a lot of it is media driven crap which they shouldn't be allowed to print.

It's probably already been discussed and the answers are probably pages back, but isn't all the drama going on from 3 or so years ago? Yet people blame the current board and want them kicked out... That doesn't make much sense.
This is basically issues from past management if the time frame I'm thinking is right, and since the new board has been in place it looks as though they have been trying to fix any mess we have had.
So the whole the board must step down I'm not really understanding why?

If anything apart from this media campaign, again from an outsider looking in the club is in its best shape for some time and still improving. Getting another board and starting again puts us back once again, and who knows what agenda they would bring in.

There are allegedly issues with Watmough's TPAs (current board).
There are allegedly issues with Mossop's payout (current board).
There are allegedly issues with over paying service providers to secure TPAs (current board).

cv8z

Juniors
What I fail to understand, if the NRL ran an audit on us last year, and Ian shoebox is on our books, how didn't anyone pick up we paid mossop an extra 50k???? If it's true of course.

The audit was probably something like the NRL asking Parramatta do you have anything else to declare and the club saying no and them accepting it as true.
End of audit :lol:

Chipmunk

Coach
Agreed. Why anyone thinks that the court would rule to have all TPA's investigated when they are not against the law is beyond me?

People are confusing the law with NRL rules - like when people were trying to claim that double jeopardy nonsense.

An organisation (i.e. the NRL) still has to conduct itself within the laws of the State or Commonwealth.

Anything can be challenged, it's just whether you're argument is good enough that is the issue.

strider

Post Whore
There are allegedly issues with over paying service providers to secure TPAs (current board).

the first you could probably make a case as a "technical breach" and sidestep around it

the 2nd and 3rd, if true, are likely planned cheating of the cap and we should cop it over them - the degree we cop it depends on how big it is

Chipmunk

Coach
the first you could probably make a case as a "technical breach" and sidestep around it

the 2nd and 3rd, if true, are likely planned cheating of the cap and we should cop it over them - the degree we cop it depends on how big it is

The 2nd issue is $50k...if we're going to lose competition points for a $50k breach of the salary cap I'll give the sport away.

Noise

Coach
An organisation (i.e. the NRL) still has to conduct itself within the laws of the State or Commonwealth.

Anything can be challenged, it's just whether you're argument is good enough that is the issue.

Exactly. And players attracting TPA's is within the law. So why would they make a decision to make all TPA's visible?

Joely01

Bench

If that's all it is, and that's what the current board is at fault of and what we risk losing points over then the NRL has some serious questions to be asked.
The Broncs get off with no punishment what so ever, we risk the season over those.

Noise

Coach
If that's all it is, and that's what the current board is at fault of and what we risk losing points over then the NRL has some serious questions to be asked.
The Broncs get off with no punishment what so ever, we risk the season over those.

The whole "but everyone else is doing it" is childish and does not wash with me. The Broncos may or may not have rorted the cap. But at the end of the day nothing was proven. If our board have cheated and it is proven then we deserve to get f**ked.

Like Strider said, the dodgy payment to Mossop and the dodgy over payments to service providers if proven then that is dead set cheating.

Last edited:

Joely01

Bench
The whole "but everyone else is doing it" is childish and does not wash with me. The Broncos may or may not have rorted the cap. But at the end of the day nothing was proven. If our board have cheated and it is proven then we deserve to get f**ked.

Like Strider said, the dodgy payment to Mossop and the dodgy over payments to service providers is proven then that is dead set cheating.

The whole point there is that the Broncos had a united front and stuck solid and didn't say a word basically.
I can't remember the last time a past board member or past player of that club came out and bagged it.
But we continue to have people who apparently "love the club" bash it at every opportunity they have, just to get their face in the media.
Enough is enough

I have a feeling if we beat the Cowboys and then the Bulldogs they will take 12pts of us to make it near impossible to make the 8.
Imagine the uproar from the media is so called salary cap cheats won the comp.

Noise

Coach
The whole point there is that the Broncos had a united front and stuck solid and didn't say a word basically.
I can't remember the last time a past board member or past player of that club came out and bagged it.
But we continue to have people who apparently "love the club" bash it at every opportunity they have, just to get their face in the media.
Enough is enough

Yep, Andrew Gee did a massive service for the Broncos by stepping down before shit hit the fan - and fair enough, he is allowed to resign. It's a shame we don't have people that put the club first by dodging this shit storm

Enough is enough
doesn't matter what happens in our current case if like you say the death riders keep the same shit up it will go on for ever.

woddy

Juniors
I had a look at cap breaches up til 2010. I can't for the life of me work out how we can be so screwed by media and nrl . 50k is F all in the big picture of breaches occured , surely we didn't say watmo get 2mill in tpa's and we're all sweet? It looks like the clubs who had breaches in money terms stated on link given got a fine that is basically half of the breach that occured. So we have a 25k fine so far and ??????? We can't be that bad with the teams we assembled in the last 4 yrs.
Bulldogs 2002 -
Breach of the Salary Cap by approximately $2 million over three years. All of these breaches were due to undisclosed payments. fine $500,000 plus 37 competition points in current year.
Storm 2004 -
Breaches relating to undisclosed TPA's from 2001 - 2004 Subsequently disclosed by new management
fine $120,000
Warriors 2005 -
Breaches relating to seasons 2004 and 2005 subsequently disclosed by new management.
fine $430,000 plus 4 competition points in the following year.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...1/history-of-salary-cap-breaches/default.aspx

Noise

Coach
I had a look at cap breaches up til 2010. I can't for the life of me work out how we can be so screwed by media and nrl . 50k is F all in the big picture of breaches occured , surely we didn't say watmo get 2mill in tpa's and we're all sweet? It looks like the clubs who had breaches in money terms stated on link given got a fine that is basically half of the breach that occured. So we have a 25k fine so far and ??????? We can't be that bad with the teams we assembled in the last 4 yrs.
Bulldogs 2002 -
Breach of the Salary Cap by approximately $2 million over three years. All of these breaches were due to undisclosed payments. fine $500,000 plus 37 competition points in current year.
Storm 2004 -
Breaches relating to undisclosed TPA's from 2001 - 2004 Subsequently disclosed by new management
fine $120,000
Warriors 2005 -
Breaches relating to seasons 2004 and 2005 subsequently disclosed by new management.
fine $430,000 plus 4 competition points in the following year.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...1/history-of-salary-cap-breaches/default.aspx

Because they self-reported they got lighter sentences. If we had disclosed things to the NRL over the pre season we too probably would have been hit with ta lighter 4 point penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.