What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking that the amount we were over the cap in the worst year was about $400k? And with that added to any further dodgy stuff we'd be $5-600k over? Isn't this roughly a Warriors scale breach, even if it occurred in two stages?
I'm hoping we've had legal people on this from the beginning.

It's the 2 stages thing that is the biggest threat to us, rather than the amounts (I'd reckon).

Surely we have had someone spending every waking moment on it. If not and the club just reacts when it happens then the entire board and CEO need to all be punted. We've been given ample warning to be able to get ourselves sorted for all possible scenarios.

Yep. Not indicative perhaps, but our recent judiciary efforts don't fill me with confidence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: Storm fans, the most deluded and clueless in the League. They still believe Bellamy and the players had no idea.

Oh the irony!!

Mickyd39

Juniors
FMD NRL 360 is running a poll on should the Eels play in the semis this year.

This is now getting beyond a joke.

This shit needs to get sorted sooner rather than later.

Kornstar

Coach
FMD NRL 360 is running a poll on should the Eels play in the semis this year.

This is now getting beyond a joke.

This shit needs to get sorted sooner rather than later.

Yeah, not even "if they are found to be cheating" just straight out like we are already guilty. Pretty f**king poor to be honest.

Kent also said something along the lines of if the NRL goes the way he thinks they're going to go then they have to be very clear what the findings are transparent so everyone knows what's going on.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Yeah, not even "if they are found to be cheating" just straight out like we are already guilty. Pretty f**king poor to be honest.

Kent also said something along the lines of if the NRL goes the way he thinks they're going to go then they have to be very clear what the findings are transparent so everyone knows what's going on.

What was his tone when he said that

phantom eel

First Grade
There are allegedly issues with Watmough's TPAs (current board).
There are allegedly issues with Mossop's payout (current board).
There are allegedly issues with over paying service providers to secure TPAs (current board).
Corrected it for you...
There are allegedly issues with Watmough's TPAs (rogue footy CEO, sacked by current board; poor governance, identified and being fixed via recommendations from NRL governance review).
There are allegedly issues with Mossop's payout (rogue footy CEO, sacked by current board).
There are allegedly issues with over paying service providers to secure TPAs (rogue footy CEO, current board).

Seriously, it's no more than a Storm in a teacup (pun intended) ;-)

mate, we're not even worth a million, do you seriously believe any rich merkin will go near us at our current state?

even the tigers are more attractive than us
The sky is falling, the sky is falling :crazy:

We need some positivity in this place, and for us as fans to stop following the media games, stop second guessing everything and stop interpreting it all for the worst :thumn.

phantom eel

First Grade
Some interesting claims in that article...

Formal interviews with Parramatta officials and staffers, past and present, with investigators from League Central have been completed although the club's lawyer, John de Mestre, is understood to still be in dialogue with the NRL Integrity Unit.
Parramatta's seven directors are holding firm, believing they will be cleared of any links or association with the secret deals and third-party payments.
In the lead-up to Monday week's annual general meeting club insiders have been absorbed by a supposed coup to overthrow two directors, a plot that has been denied by the alleged conspirators.

:crazy:

Parraren

Bench
A fair bit of legal speak in our recent statements.

No doubt the statements released by Sharp have been partly ghost written by our legal representation.

The NRL are no doubt well aware we aren't going to lie down and cop it if they decide to dish out a penalty without clear evidence.

They'll be dotting the i's and crossing the t's before any announcement I bet as they know what the club is prepared to fight back with.

No wonder it's dragging out.

Maybe they haven't found the so called 'smoking gun'

emjaycee

Coach
In the lead-up to Monday week's annual general meeting club insiders have been absorbed by a supposed coup to overthrow two directors, a plot that has been denied by the alleged conspirators.

Seems to me someone is getting worried about the security of their tenure (sic) as a Director.

Avenger

Immortal
A fair bit of legal speak in our recent statements.

No doubt the statements released by Sharp have been partly ghost written by our legal representation.

The NRL are no doubt well aware we aren't going to lie down and cop it if they decide to dish out a penalty without clear evidence.

They'll be dotting the i's and crossing the t's before any announcement I bet as they know what the club is prepared to fight back with.

No wonder it's dragging out.

Maybe they haven't found the so called 'smoking gun'

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts