What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Because they self-reported they got lighter sentences. If we had disclosed things to the NRL over the pre season we too probably would have been hit with ta lighter 4 point penalty.

But then you can't report what you don't know.

Considering how much we were on the media last year for our salary cap issues and the investigation that took place, probably a chance they had no idea.

But we don't know the full story yet either. Need to wait until the report/punishment to be released before we can judge.

Joely01

Bench
doesn't matter what happens in our current case if like you say the death riders keep the same shit up it will go on for ever.

Well that's the whole point, they are still around and have there "mates" in the media who will run whatever they tell them.
I see every game day these death riders at the game walking around with there heads held high like they are a god to this club, just pack your s**t up and get out. You aren't there to support the club, you are there to shake a couple of hands and keep your mug around the joint. We don't need you people around, so get out!

The chairman has spoken....
Dear Members,
After seven rounds, it's time to reflect on our club’s overall start to the 2016 season. It warms my heart to see our NRL, Holden Cup and Intrust Super Premiership NSW teams all sitting in the top four of their respective competitions.
We also have our Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams winning their quarter-finals last week and progressing to the next week of the finals in both competitions.
Both these young teams have excellent chances of winning their respective competitions. We certainly have some young up-and-coming stars preparing themselves for NRL careers with the Eels.
This week our NRL and NYC teams travel to Townsville to take on the North Queensland Cowboys in what could be the NRL game of the season to date. Good luck to Brad Arthur and his team, I know they will do us all proud.
I again assure you that in respect to the current salary cap investigation, your club is working as openly and transparently with the NRL as possible. That is our commitment to the NRL and it’s a commitment we are honouring.
I can advise you that we have received assurances from the NRL that the club will receive due process and a fair hearing supported by a serious investigation.
This is so important for the club, given all of the pre-judgment we have witnessed in the media based purely on speculation.
We are reliant on a fair and detailed investigation to expose the truth behind the speculation and the motivations of those driving these smears.
We continue to work in the best interest of the Eels each and every day, and we will continue to do so.
As information comes to light, rest assured we will share it with you as soon as we can.
Stay strong, stay united, and stay Blue and Gold.
Steve Sharp
Chairman
Clicky- http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/04/21/message_from_the_cha.html

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Eels Bookface page saying decision next week, take it as gospel, lol

Also its a full moon tonight, so I expect meltdowns left right and centre tomorrow

Gronk

Staff member
We are reliant on a fair and detailed investigation to expose the truth behind the speculation and the motivations of those driving these smears.
Hmmm !

Chipmunk

Coach
Exactly. And players attracting TPA's is within the law. So why would they make a decision to make all TPA's visible?

It would all depend on what legal argument someone is trying to make on whether or not all third parties would need to be declared in a court.

Whether TPAs are legal or not will have nothing to do with whether they will requested as part of court preceedings.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Doubt we will see paul kent go on his high horse about kade Snowden retiring due to a chronic back injury and his contract not going on the salary cap from next year like he did with watmough

Glenn

First Grade
Am I right in thinking that the amount we were over the cap in the worst year was about $400k? And with that added to any further dodgy stuff we'd be $5-600k over? Isn't this roughly a Warriors scale breach, even if it occurred in two stages?
I'm hoping we've had legal people on this from the beginning.

A group of Storm fans are reportedly putting together a petition for NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg asking that Parramatta suffer the same fate and not play for competition points this year.

When the NRL finds a boat in Ryan Morgan's shed that is paid for by the club off the books I would expect such a reaction. Until they do, JOG ON!

Chipmunk

Coach
Am I right in thinking that the amount we were over the cap in the worst year was about $400k? And with that added to any further dodgy stuff we'd be $5-600k over? Isn't this roughly a Warriors scale breach, even if it occurred in two stages?
I'm hoping we've had legal people on this from the beginning.

Surely we have had someone spending every waking moment on it. If not and the club just reacts when it happens then the entire board and CEO need to all be punted. We've been given ample warning to be able to get ourselves sorted for all possible scenarios.

Glenn

First Grade
When the NRL finds a boat in Ryan Morgan's shed that is paid for by the club off the books I would expect such a reaction. Until they do, JOG ON!

Absolutely , the hilarity of Storm supporters thinking this is the same as the Storm and multiple Books, Boats ,etc .
Not in the same Ballpark, not even in the same Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts