What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yy_cheng

Coach
CEOs, chairmans, board member, coaches, football administrators comes and go. The club is just a working place to them.

I really don't think stripping points off a club actually does much. The CEOs, et al leave and the club suffers.

If Comminsure rips off people, they aren't prevented from trading and selling insurance. People are forced to leave the company and a heavy fine is paid.

What could potentially stop this behaviour is to hit the employees financially and personally, on top of a massive fine.

Something like

The key areas of potential personal liability for you as a director are:

- debts incurred when the company becomes insolvent
- company losses caused by a breach of directors’ duties
- if you act as a guarantor or provide security over personal assets
- debts incurred by the company acting as trustee
- illegal phoenix activity
- other regulatory action that might be taken against you.

Another way you can become personally liable as a director is where, as a result of you having breached your duties, you have caused the company to suffer some loss.

Under these circumstances you may have acted illegally, be in breach of civil or criminal provisions of the Corporations Act 2001 and you may have to compensate the company for the loss.

It is important to remember that a director’s obligations may continue even after the company has ceased trading and has been deregistered.

There are serious consequences of failing to perform your duties as a director.

Consequences of failing to perform your duties as a director

If you fail to perform your duties as a director, you may:

be guilty of a criminal offence with a penalty of up to a maximum of $200,000, or imprisonment for up to five years, or both
have contravened a civil penalty provision (and the court may order you to pay to the Commonwealth up to $200,000)
be personally liable to compensate the company or others for any loss or damage they suffer
be prohibited from managing a company.

Glenn

First Grade
I'm now thinking that we'll get no penalty at all as it was the same stuff they looked at last year and Greenberg will give the media a massive serve in the process.
Well i hope so anyway.
The lu board would go into meltdown. :lol::lol::lol:

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon we are over the cap this year if they add any newly identified indiscretions to the current cap.
Though we would have a chance to get under it by shedding someone before the end of the year IMHO.

Anthony chok watmough 600k

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Waiting till the Club gets to a pre determined points level, so they can deduct all those Points with the aim of ensuring Parramatta misses the Eight. ;-)
Hope you are wrong, but I have a bad feeling that slimy prick Greenberg is going to throw the book at us.

Delboy

First Grade
at the risk of being targeted by BF again

Sharp deserves our support until all the details are reported - however, he ha said many times that he and the board were not aware of any new indiscretions

That is the key now, if he is found to have hidden wrongdoings , then his time has come

When we think that the board should know everything, then when accountants take organisations the ING and CBA, and similar companies for millions , the Chairman of that Board would not likely be aware. as trust has been placed in office holders

We need to know who did what, when and how much

If TPA indiscretions are the problem,which would be between the Player Manager and say the Football Manager ( not that it ever happens at other clubs , really :( ), then we should understand where the blame lay

Again the big thing is whether the President and Board were privy to the detail, and as with any large organisation , a lot goes on which if not reported to the board they would not be aware of. Bit like a duck, a lot goes on under the water which isn't seen

To my thinking, the real issue is what was known at what level, and for the players and fans to lose out is a massive penalty which if the indiscretions did take place a couple of years ago, then that is really tough

Scream and shout when the report is released , and if at board level they were aware !!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He has already been paid about half that amount. And the cap concessions for the insurance payout stuff seem to focus on the future remaining years of his contract, not necessarily the year in which he retires.
Surely we get some cap dispensation with him being injured and unavailable for most or if not all season???

Noise

Coach
Yeh, but I think it comes in the form of allowing an overrun on the 2nd tier cap (i.e. for the additional backup players required), rather than the Top 25. Trying to think of some cases....

In 09 we got some kind of cap dispenation for Mateo who was out for over 13 rounds. I have no idea what the compensation was though...

Status
Not open for further replies.