What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
there is a difference between peats leaving on his own terms or what the club is doing and kicking him to the curb because of their incompetence.

We already have the hopoate saga dragging on yes it was the correct decision but why offer him a contract if we didn't want him and then foran fiasco last year.

we are building a reputation of treating players like garbage not going to encourage players to come here in the future if that's we continue treat them
Agree with all of this.

Parraren

Bench
I reckon f**k the NRL.

Let's bring Hayne back and sign Sonny Bill pre June 30 and go on a f'ng rampage.

#15/15 for ZERO

Bigfella

Coach
And also a difference in him coming to the end of a contract at the expected time and having the opportunity to e plots other options in the usual manner.

A herald article is quoting Geordie Peats saying Nathan was told there was mocha ve of him being next year because the 2017 cap is also compromised.

Incorrect

Coach
there is a difference between peats leaving on his own terms or what the club is doing and kicking him to the curb because of their incompetence.

We already have the hopoate saga dragging on yes it was the correct decision but why offer him a contract if we didn't want him and then foran fiasco last year.

we are building a reputation of treating players like garbage not going to encourage players to come here in the future if that's we continue treat them

I agree with that too. And it's why I've been posting from pretty much as soon as the decision was handed down last week that getting cap compliant in ~10 days to play for points (potentially) in order to try and make the Finals this year was a waste of time if it was going to be at the expense of the 2017-2018 squad.

Best outcome for me would have been to forget about 2016 and tell the NRL to jam it. And focus on finalising the squad for the coming 2-3 years. Probably without Peats as part of that squad but that's by the by ...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes but you are the clown who is defending the cheating, i'd rather we let this season go then lose anyone like we have with Peats. But go on tell us how it its all the members and fans fault and tell us what a great job the board have done by cheating :lol:

No I'd rather play for wins rather than points as well. But without TPAs we won't be fitting Peats or Norman under the cap next year so I hope you're happy we got caught. Because I'm certainly not.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/3ce3105343de3d35801fbad73c861ed2

Parramatta Eels salary cap ‘gang of five’ face two-year ban if they can’t prove innocence
May 10, 2016 4:41pm
Peter BadelThe Courier-Mail

PARRAMATTA’S “gang of five” face being wiped out of rugby league for two years over the salary cap rort that could cost the club promising hooker Nathan Peats.

The Courier-Mail understands Eels officials Steve Sharp, Daniel Anderson, Tom Issa, Peter Serrao and John Boulous will be banned from working in the NRL until 2019 if preliminary cap breaches against the club are upheld.

The revelation comes as Parramatta legend Peter Sterling called for the quintet to walk away to allow the Eels to immediately resurrect their 2016 campaign.

The gang of five — Sharp, Anderson, Issa, Serrao and Boulous — have 28 days, or until June 3, to submit evidence to NRL authorities clearing their names of any wrongdoing in the code’s worst cap breach since the Storm scandal of 2010.

Should the NRL uphold their preliminary findings, the posse will be formally deregistered.

They will have the opportunity to work again in rugby league by proving they are a “fit and proper” person, but the door to an NRL return will be closed for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

An NRL spokesman said the five Parramatta officials were entitled to respond to the breach notices before any final determination was made.

Sharp and Issa did not return calls on Tuesday but Sterling, a 227-game Eels legend, urged the contingent to put Parramatta’s welfare ahead of their own.

“I am happy for them to pursue things, but it can’t be at the expense of the club and the playing group and everybody else in the immediate future,” said Sterling, the former NSW and Test halfback.

“I am really happy for them to fight to clear their name if they are innocent. If they think they have grounds for an appeal, I have no qualms with them chasing that.

“I would love to think that maybe at the other end there would be some validity in their defence. “But if it stands immediately in the way of what the club needs to do in moving on there really is no alternative (but for the group to quit).”

Broncos legend Darren Lockyer last week called for the NRL to impose 10-year bans on cap cheats and Sterling said the code needed to take a hardline stance.

“I’d be careful about a blanket penalty but the bottom line is we need an extremely strong deterrent to stop this from happening,” Sterling said.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...ounds-for-five-officials-20160510-goruxa.html

Parramatta Eels dressing room and chairman's suite out of bounds for five officials

Date
May 10, 2016 - 8:29PM

Chris Barrett
Sports Writer

The Eels dressing room and the chairman's suite at Pirtek Stadium will be off limits for the five suspended Parramatta officials on Friday night - unless they want to risk having the NRL retrospectively remove more competition points from Brad Arthur's team.

The NRL agreed in the NSW Supreme Court on Monday that they couldn't instruct chairman Steve Sharp, directors Tom Issa and Peter Serrao, chief executive John Boulous and football manager Daniel Anderson on how they should carry out their duties during the show-cause period of the salary cap saga but the governing body has made it clear that when it reaches a final determination on the Eels' penalty next month it will frown upon any actions that extend beyond the basic.

That includes performing formal duties in the corporate hospitality areas at Parramatta's home ground, as blazer-wearing directors would ordinarily do, or hanging around in the dressing room after full-time.

The NRL's expectations of suspended officials' conduct on game days, starting on Friday night against Souths, were expected to be discussed on Tuesday night when the Eels' four fully active directors - Geoff Gerard, Paul Garrard, Tanya Gadiel and Andrew Cordwell - were gathering to meet with auditors from PricewaterhouseCoopers.

With the club and the individuals implicated in the scandal having until June 3 to respond to breach notices, there is an all-hands-on-deck approach being taken at Parramatta, with Sharp and co largely sidelined.

The club has functioned as recently as last year with only four directors and when the board of the Parramatta National Rugby League Club sits down for its next scheduled meeting later this month there will be only that many at the table.

While Sharp, Issa and Serrao have taken a back seat aside from responding to the breach notices and attending to their statutory and fiduciary duties, sources say there has been no suggestion of any of the remaining quartet being elevated into an interim chairmanship.

The remaining senior officials have in recent days held extensive talks with the club's legal team - Carroll & O'Dea Lawyers and barrister Peter Skinner - as they contemplate their response to the allegations levelled against Parramatta, separate from the court action taken by Sharp, Issa, Serrao, Boulous and Anderson over their suspensions.

While it is understood there will be a mea culpa of some description when the club files its submission to the NRL they will push for a reduction in the preliminary penalty announced on May 3.

The Parramatta hierarchy maintains it should have been given a chance to respond to claims made by former CEO Scott Seward and ex-team manager Jason Irvine in interviews with NRL investigators before League Central settled on a 12-point deduction, $1 million fine and deregistration of the five officials, and that evidence has not been tested.

They also argue there has not been an appropriate disclosure of the transcripts of NRL interviewees, citing the fact they have only received a statement from Seward not his full interview. The NRL insists it has provided all material upon which it based its decision.

Sharp, Issa and Serrao remain on the board of the Parramatta Leagues Club but Liquor & Gaming NSW, which is investigating the matter itself, has the power to remove directors if it sees fit.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Whether Peats was in our plans or not is not relevant. He was treated disgracefully. Enough is enough. I couldn't give a shit now if we do not accrue another point. Nathan Peats is a top player with a great attitude and we are sacrificing him. Now we have reached the lowest of lows. If Peats is released I'm done for this year.

:clap:

I agree 100%.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Btw why cant we just keep getting cheap hookers? Aslong as the service isnt awfull and they get the job done there will always be a cheap hooker looking for work.

LMAO, yea have to agree long as the cheap hooker isnt giving awful service.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.