What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
What's the point of signing Poore if we're going to lose Cayless? It's one forward and another step backwards. Also what is your source?

How it is a step backwards??? Cayless is crap, Poore is a young gun at 50K less a year. How do you think we can afford Poore and Shackelton as well as still chasing other players for next season??

Source? Haha. Lets just say the lunch I had today was very interesting. I could even tell you our new major sponsor if Pirtek dont re-sign after next year.

Big things are in the works. Fitzy leaving is the catalyst for greatness.

Fathead

Bench
Source? Haha. Lets just say the lunch I had today was very interesting. I could even tell you our new major sponsor if Pirtek dont re-sign after next year.

Big things are in the works. Fitzy leaving is the catalyst for greatness.

Actually Pirtek are going to have to compete with this major sponsor. I have heard that there is enormous interest in the club sponsor wise. Third party agreements are assisting greatly.
Pirtek will have to cough up a lot more to keep the eels.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Actually Pirtek are going to have to compete with this major sponsor. I have heard that there is enormous interest in the club sponsor wise. Third party agreements are assisting greatly.
Pirtek will have to cough up a lot more to keep the eels.

There are sponsors waiting in the wings, and willing to commit on different levels, the major one being 3rd party payments to help bring some BIG names to the club. There could be 1 or 2 signings announced for next year that will come as a massive shock (but a very good one thats for sure).

As I said, this is all due to Fitzy leaving. he was holding us back. (no one liked him, hahaha)

ParraFan09

Juniors
cayless deserves to see out his contract and possibly an extension not too much just a little deal i think off the bench with poore & FFMM starting props would be better and cayless wouldnt have to do as much work i think it would be a good move for him starting on the bench.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
haha dam
does one of these 2 chased players fit into the category of HUUUGE?

Well they are big enough that it is being kept very hush hush. They wont tell me the names.

I knew about shackelton and poore 2 days before it was announced, but wasnt allowed to say anything.

Eels Dude

Coach
Happy with the Justin Poore signing. With Mannah and Latimore coming along well we'll have a very strong front row next year. And we all know that a good front row sets the platform. My jury is out on Shackleton though. He's nearly 27 and only just broken into first grade the past year or two so hope we didn't pay him too much. On the same token, given we've no first grade worthy back rowers apart from Hindy and Mateo he's a worthy signing. The fact he can play prop also is a heavy advantage.

Kiki

First Grade
can i just say that the Dragons fans dribbling sh*t about Poore being a dud do NOT speak for all of us.

from the outside looking in it seems Parra could do with a bit of heart and trust me, Justin Poore definitely has that. as DA said, he is a great player AND a great person. it isnt all about what goes on during the game.

as a Dragons fan i am devo but i also wish him luck at the Eels and i hope he does well for you guys!