What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

oldmancraigy

Coach
Apart from Farah and Campese, what other origin player is on 350k?

Maybe Lyon
Laffranchi I don't think so
Gallen maybe, but i heard 300k

Name me.

Billy Slater
Greg Inglis
Justin Hodges
Israel Folau
Darren Lockyer
Jonathan Thurston
Steve Price
Cameron Smith
Petero Civoniceva
Karmichal Hunt
Ben Hannant
Nate Myles?

Jarryd Hayne
Jamie Lyon
Terry Campese
Luke Bailey
Robbie Farah
Paul Gallen
Craig Wing
Justin Poore

Some of those guys are over 400k per season - it costs more to convince someone to change clubs too.

350k is about the right price for Poore (it's probably more likely 330k each year; or even 320k next season, 330 the following and 340 the last) [[the offer was reportedly 'almost a million' over 3 years]]

Raul_Pato

Juniors
Might have to get info on some of our juniors then, maybe Ayshford, who might be on 200k. (thats after 3 first grade games)

Might ask people to tell me what he is on.

Even if he isn't on 200k, I said I would pay 200k if needed for him, rather than 350k for Poore. Merrin is younger and arguably has more potential. Which one is the better buy? Save 150k and most likely get a boom prop who is younger? Or get Poore?

Seriously mate, your posts are nothing but dribble! You sound like a Sharks fan who is dirty at missing out on Justin, but I see you support the Tigers!?! WTF

On Merrin, he's a long way from where Poore is. If you go and spunk 150K on any player with potential then I'm glad you don't run my club.

Why don't your Tigers, like the rest of the NRL, wait for us to develop him to Origin level, then poach him for "overs".

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Any of my fellow Saint George supporters who give your team crap about Poore is just silly , he will hit his straps next year and will be very good.
Parramatta does look very good in general but Burt is still there and thats always a problem.
Well done on a good signing but you guys did pay a lot of money.

Pazza

First Grade
thats why Poore came here, good people and a good club. unlike the scum that opperate at cronulla

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Good news with Poore and Shackelton signing.

Other good news is that I know that 7 players will definately not be here next season. Best news is that Cayless will be one of them. Cordoba and Hauraki are 2 other names. Dont know the other 4 for sure.

Hindy hopefully will be givin the captaincy he deserves.

MrT

Juniors
Might have to get info on some of our juniors then, maybe Ayshford, who might be on 200k. (thats after 3 first grade games)

Might ask people to tell me what he is on.

Even if he isn't on 200k, I said I would pay 200k if needed for him, rather than 350k for Poore. Merrin is younger and arguably has more potential. Which one is the better buy? Save 150k and most likely get a boom prop who is younger? Or get Poore?

you really dont get it do you?
We needed an established prop.
We have our up and coming prop - Tim Mannah.

Less developed and younger we have Mitchell Johnson

WE NEEDED AN ESTABLISHED PROP.

KOPISH?

caylo

Bench
Seriously mate, your posts are nothing but dribble! You sound like a Sharks fan who is dirty at missing out on Justin, but I see you support the Tigers!?! WTF

On Merrin, he's a long way from where Poore is. If you go and spunk 150K on any player with potential then I'm glad you don't run my club.

Why don't your Tigers, like the rest of the NRL, wait for us to develop him to Origin level, then poach him for "overs".

Tony Williams: manly paid 180K before he debued - failed (playing on the wing?)
Kharil (spl?): sharks paid 200K before debued - failed (played 11 sec)

other potential jnrs taht have failed

Bulldogs bough Chris Armitts brother who was ment to be next best thing - fail
etc etc etc

there is plenty of jnrs who dont go one and I agree with sentiments that if you are going to poach players for big money they may aswell be proven at the top level... I hope for saints Merrin does turn out maybe him and Mannah might be starting props for Australia in 5-6 years who knows.

eelusive

Juniors

Other good news is that I know that 7 players will definately not be here next season. Best news is that Cayless will be one of them. Cordoba and Hauraki are 2 other names. Dont know the other 4 for sure.

Hindmarsh resigned on one major reason
that cayless would be part of the squad, things change in a short matter of time?

lucablight

First Grade

What's the point of signing Poore if we're going to lose Cayless? It's one forward and another step backwards. Also what is your source?

caylo

Bench
What's the point of signing Poore if we're going to lose Cayless? It's one forward and another step backwards. Also what is your source?

Have to agree, and Hindy backloaded his contract to allow for some signnings. Cayless may loss his captaincy next year (maybe not) and is unlikley to be here come 2011 (might stay on a small contract 100K) but as far as I am aware he will be here and he deserves to win a premiership too.