What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

caylo

Bench
the amazing part about Mannah is that he hasnt been brought into a dominate pack, he has come into a struggling pack and exceled! I think this is going to help him interms of leadership and resilience well into the future.

Mannah in a few years could be a Price like frontrower, he need to work on his speed a bit to take advantage of a retreating defencive line but atm you can not ask for more from a 20 year old.

salvy71

Juniors
Plus if its true about Bennett dumping players who have signed wiht other clubs, poore could be in state league for the rest of the year.

Im not saying it will happen but if the rumours are to the fact Bennett does that, eels have paid for an state league player

If Bennett is silly enough to do that then that will affect your teams chances of winning this years premiership , I seriously doubt he will , you guys need Poore for the rest of this season as much as anybody .

IFR33K

Coach
Overpaid class players. Nothing you can say will change that.

If you wanna be like that, failures since 1986.

You f**ken goose, your team is full of over paid players.... BTW, I'd rather watch my team week in week out, successful or not, then have my team merge with another, just to survive, and still be struggling.

I cant believe a single signature, could cause all this debate.

Dead set, the Dragon fans must be the biggest c**k suckers there are. One minute, Poore is there saviour, next minute he's a villain....

Dead set, the Dragon fans must be the biggest c**k suckers there are. One minute, Poore is there saviour, next minute he's a villain....
does the name jamie lyon ring a bell? :lol:

on a serious note, its great to see the club active in the player market and buying players in their prime instead of turning the place into a retirement home for over the hill players looking for one last payout to retire on while the best of our juniors gets poached from us

Last edited:

Ladmate

Bench
You f**ken goose, your team is full of over paid players.... BTW, I'd rather watch my team week in week out, successful or not, then have my team merge with another, just to survive, and still be struggling.

I cant believe a single signature, could cause all this debate.

2005 ring a bell? Maybe 1986 does for you :lol::lol:

Ladmate

Bench
If Bennett is silly enough to do that then that will affect your teams chances of winning this years premiership , I seriously doubt he will , you guys need Poore for the rest of this season as much as anybody .

There is a very good young prop with the dragons, arguably going to be 10x the man Poore is (maybe not, but he is tipped to be better).

I say they are gaining something!

Pazza

First Grade
Mannah in a few years could be a Price like frontrower, he need to work on his speed a bit to take advantage of a retreating defencive line but atm you can not ask for more from a 20 year old.

yeah he is going great! makes me wonder how we lost J Mannah?

Eelementary

Post Whore
does the name jamie lyon ring a bell? :lol:

on a serious note, its great to see the club active in the player market and buying players in their prime instead of turning the place into a retirement home for over the hill players looking for one last payout to retire on while the best of our juniors gets poached from us

Tell me you did not just compare Poore, a man who was off contract and LEGALLY joined Parramatta, to Jamie Lyon, who walked out and simply lied to everyone?

Bazal

Post Whore
There is a very good young prop with the dragons, arguably going to be 10x the man Poore is (maybe not, but he is tipped to be better).

I say they are gaining something!

Again I ask, you'd pay 200k for Merrin, with a single first grade game under his belt....but 350k is overs for an Origin player? You're a very stupid troll...

Ladmate

Bench
Again I ask, you'd pay 200k for Merrin, with a single first grade game under his belt....but 350k is overs for an Origin player? You're a very stupid troll...

Apart from Farah and Campese, what other origin player is on 350k?

Maybe Lyon
Laffranchi I don't think so
Gallen maybe, but i heard 300k

Name me.

Bazal

Post Whore
Apart from Farah and Campese, what other origin player is on 350k?

Maybe Lyon
Laffranchi I don't think so
Gallen maybe, but i heard 300k

Name me.

You first

Name me another player on 200k after ONE FIRST GRADE GAME?

I eagerly await your ignorance of this post

Ladmate

Bench
You first

Name me another player on 200k after ONE FIRST GRADE GAME?

I eagerly await your ignorance of this post

Might have to get info on some of our juniors then, maybe Ayshford, who might be on 200k. (thats after 3 first grade games)

Might ask people to tell me what he is on.

Even if he isn't on 200k, I said I would pay 200k if needed for him, rather than 350k for Poore. Merrin is younger and arguably has more potential. Which one is the better buy? Save 150k and most likely get a boom prop who is younger? Or get Poore?

Bazal

Post Whore
Might have to get info on some of our juniors then, maybe Ayshford, who might be on 200k. (thats after 3 first grade games)

Might ask people to tell me what he is on.

Even if he isn't on 200k, I said I would pay 200k if needed for him, rather than 350k for Poore. Merrin is younger and arguably has more potential. Which one is the better buy? Save 150k and most likely get a boom prop who is younger? Or get Poore?

Any junior with less than a season under his belt on more than 100k is on massive overs and if you think otherwise you're on drugs

So what you're saying is an untested, one game "veteran" is worth 200k, but less than double that for an Origin player is "overs" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Are you sure you have the right number of chromosomes?

Last edited:
Tell me you did not just compare Poore, a man who was off contract and LEGALLY joined Parramatta, to Jamie Lyon, who walked out and simply lied to everyone?
i only compared them in that they both went from hero to villian in their old fan's eyes maybe i should have said Jarrod McCracken instead lol