What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

sting

Bench
The first really sensible post from an Illawarra fan.

Suity

and then you go and be a smartass to him when he's trying to be sincere....

anyways, well done eels. you have just bought a prop on the verge of something great. as a saints fan, it is very disappointing. you probably paid a bit too much, but oh well... if he is worth that much to you....

it's ok, we always seem to produce awesome rep props (kite, bailey, ryles, poore, etc) so we will just produce more. just keep your hands off them!

wait til you see who the Dragons are going to announce as an addition for 2010 !!! :cool:

as for this comment... well care to elaborate? what's our runners up prize??

Agent Mulder

Bench
I knew it wouldnt be long till the "$350k a year is overs" Theme was brought out, WHO GIVES A f**k? We needed to sign players and sure if we paid overs, So be it, I think we needed too.

Suitman

Post Whore
Plus if its true about Bennett dumping players who have signed wiht other clubs, poore could be in state league for the rest of the year.

Im not saying it will happen but if the rumours are to the fact Bennett does that, eels have paid for an state league player

f**k you're a goose.

Troll thread for you. :arrow:

Suity

sting

Bench
Now saints know how we feel bringing a kid through only to be taken in his prime.

errrr... that happens to us more than any other club...

what a ridiculous statement!!!

kite, gaz, ryles, bailey, poore, sims, setu ummm, riddell, JOSH MORRIS!, umm i'm sure there's heaps more..

you guys would be a close second though

Suitman

Post Whore
and then you go and be a smartass to him when he's trying to be sincere....

anyways, well done eels. you have just bought a prop on the verge of something great. as a saints fan, it is very disappointing. you probably paid a bit too much, but oh well... if he is worth that much to you....

it's ok, we always seem to produce awesome rep props (kite, bailey, ryles, poore, etc) so we will just produce more. just keep your hands off them!

Get a sense of humour.
As for your other comments........thanks for the kind thoughts. Really.

Suity

Daneel

Bench
I don't know but it seems a lot of the posts from sore dragon fans should be in the swamp.

The Colonel

Immortal
Now saints know how we feel bringing a kid through only to be taken in his prime.

:lol: Sorry, that is problem the most ill-informed comment ever. The Dragons, like us, have been plundered and pillaged year after year by the likes of the Roosters, Melbourne, Dragons and Manly among others. They know better than any club how it feels.

Gaba

First Grade
Gaba it is true get over it
Congrats Parra good times ahead for you guys
Would of loved Poore but I dont think we would be an attractive option at the moment

I m not saying it is a bad buy, im just saying he will not improve them and he will be classed as a bad buy from the eels fans if the eels are at the same position where they are now.The only way the eels are going to improve is more attacking forwards and quality backs where they only have hayne as their quality back.

And poore alone isnt going to do them any good at all

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
I m not saying it is a bad buy, im just saying he will not improve them and he will be classed as a bad buy from the eels fans if the eels are at the same position where they are now
you mustn't have watched us too much :lol: :lol:

:lol: Sorry, that is problem the most ill-informed comment ever. The Dragons, like us, have been plundered and pillaged year after year by the likes of the Roosters, Melbourne, Dragons and Manly among others. They know better than any club how it feels.

Huh...don't know when we've ever "plundered" you guys, it's been pretty even. But well done for the Shack signing, hope he continues his great form and goes into a representative career with you guys in the future.

Gaba

First Grade
if we win a premiership in the 3 years his is here then $350,000 a year wouldn't be enough.
:lol: seriously you need more then him . even with the dragons poore is benefiting from the other forwards and backs its not just him, the eels need more then him and hayne

Daneel

Bench

So the dragons are plundering the dragons. They must be p*ssed with that

oldmancraigy

Coach
I m not saying it is a bad buy, im just saying he will not improve them and he will be classed as a bad buy from the eels fans if the eels are at the same position where they are now.The only way the eels are going to improve is more attacking forwards and quality backs where they only have hayne as their quality back.

And poore alone isnt going to do them any good at all

Mate we're paying 400k for Nathan Cayless next season.
Poore on 350k is a relative bargain!

All we want Poore to do is team up with the wrecking ball (MoiMoi) to lay a platform for our creative players (Mateo, Hayne) to work behind.

I guarantee you if we had Poore this season, we'd have won another game or two (and be right in the hunt for the 8).

He doesn't have to take us from the spoon to the top, but look what Ben Hannant has done for the "go-forward" of the Bulldogs. Poore will be fantastic for us, and gives us a pretty strong 4-man prop rotation. (Poore, MoiMoi, Cayless, Mannah)

Gronk

Staff member
This thread is gold. :lol:

The winners can laugh and the losers can, well, f**k off. :D

The Colonel

Immortal
Huh...don't know when we've ever "plundered" you guys, it's been pretty even. But well done for the Shack signing, hope he continues his great form and goes into a representative career with you guys in the future.

Well, you've definitely had some fun through our lower grade squads that is for certain. ;-)

Latest posts